ID ID - Richard Barnett, 2, Grangeville, 31 Aug 1982

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 99DMID

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/99dmid.html

Richard Ray Barnett
Missing since August 31, 1982 from Grangeville, Idaho County, Idaho.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: November 26, 1979
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'6; 32 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark brown straight hair; hazel/brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Barnett has a hairline scar over and a mark under his left eye. He wore hip braces on both legs to correct a bowlegged condition; the braces had been removed for six months prior to his disappearance.
•Clothing: Red and blue coveralls; cowboy boots; and a pajama top.
•AKA: Ricky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Barnett was visiting his grandmother's home, a dairy farm, when he apparently wandered away from the property. The sheriff's office utilized search teams and bloodhounds; no trace of the child could be located. Barnett has never been seen or heard from again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Barnett's case, please contact:
Idaho County Sheriff's Department
Detective Joan Renshaw
208-983-1100
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 17182

NCMEC Number: NCMC600215

NCIC Number:
M-090053509
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Operation Lookout

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barnett_richard.html
More details of circumstances at Charley Project.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2070/3/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete
Fingerprints: NA

No archived articles found at this time.

Richard has been missing almost 28 years. I love the picture of him in his cowboy hat! What a cutie-patootie! Come home soon.

Age progression to the right, aged to about 2004.

Attachments

• Richard Ray Barnett 1.bmp
    79.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Richard Ray Barnett 2.bmp
    52.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Richard Ray Barnett.bmp
    52.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Richard Ray Barnett 3.bmp
    41.1 KB · Views: 22
Onteresting that the Grandmother failed a polygraph test. I can't imagine a grandmother harming such a sweet little guy!

I wonder how much of an investigation was made, away from the farm?

Such a cute little boy, is there anything else on his case? Did they talk to the works there that day?

Given Charlie Project's account of the case:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barnett_richard.html

It says that the grandmother acted "oddly" but in what was and in response to what types of questions? It is interesting to see that she passed a second polygraph later. What was her husband's reaction to Richard's disappearance? It says he agreed to take a polygraph, but died before the test could be taken? I wonder how he died?

Were any of the hired hands on the farm questioned and/or polygraphed. What were those results? What areas where near the property that would represent danger for a child such as lakes, river, streams, sinkholes in the ground? What was the amount of time between when "Ricky" was allegedly last seen in the wagon to the time he vanished? Who was responsible for watching him at that time? Assume his grandparents. However, it would be interesting to know did they step out of site for a minute, or did they just leave the poor kid outside unattended for like a half hour or more and than when they looked again he was gone.

A little two-year old kid should NEVER be unattended like that. They can take off like a shot, so it makes me wonder, where the grandparents neglectful in failing to watch Ricky? Could he have climbed out of his enclosed area where he was last seen? These are good brainstorming questions.

Satch

I have several questions here-if these were Ricky's paternal grandparents, why was his last name Barnett, when the paternal grandparents had the last name McChoard.

2) How is it known that the paternal grandma disliked Ricky's mom?

3) Why do the cops think the paternal grandma gave Ricky away and to whom do they think they gave him to?

4) Are Ricky's parents still married? Do they still have contact with the paternal gran? Do they feel that the paternal gran gave Ricky away?

Richard Barnett
Missing 31 August 1982
From Grangeville, ID

Vital Statistics

DOB: 26 November 1979
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 2 ft 6 in
Weight: 32 lbs

Source
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Hotline: 1-800-843-5678

In 1985 there was a news article, interview with mother. Interestingly she claims she went to a psychic who told her that Rickey was in a town called Golita California. She'd never heard of it but sometime later the FBI told her that there is someone in the town of Golita who may have some connection to the case. I wonder what happened with that lead.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAIBAJ&pg=5601,79638&dq=waldow+mccoard&hl=en

BTW, the grandparents names are spelled incorrectly on charlie project's link according to news stories I found in google archives.

Another interesting thing, the paternal grand parents divorced (in Nevada) sometime after Rickey disappeared and WM remarried to a widow from California. She was from Fort Bragg/santa rosa area. Golita is in between Santa Barbara and Lompoc way far away from where his second wife was from. WM died in 1998, his second wife died in 2002. I can't find anything on the first wife dying (paternal grandma of Richard) but I did find that the paternal grandparents did marry in California on knowx. So WM and MM where from California also.

Rickey's father died in 2009 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=96196834

BTW, the person who created this findagrave is MM (paternal grandmother)! Found her maiden name on knowx. She apparently a volunteer also with findagrave. Sad, he was pretty young. Lists a different father for Ellis on this page. I wonder if MM was also remarried before.

So the paternal granny is still alive? Are Rickey's parents still alive and looking for him? Are they still together? Do you think the paternal mom is guilty?

Just read this case on Charley Project. How sad! Rickey's dad died so young. I wondered what happened to this little guy?

Again, is the paternal gran alive? Why did she hate her daughter-in-law? Is Richard's mom alive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back