GUILTY CA - Marcia Forsberg, 61, Rancho Santa Margarita, 9 February 2010

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/husband-called-person-interest-wifes-disappearance/story?id=11505789

First Wife Goes Missing, Now Husband

Southern California Police Call Richard Forsberg a Person of Interest in Marcia Forsberg's Disappearance

When 61-year-old Marcia Forsberg disappeared in February, her husband told neighbors she had gone away, but after police questioned Richard Forsberg last week, the college administrator vanished too.

Now Orange County, Calif., police are looking for both of them, and they say Richard Forsberg is a person of interest in his wife's disappearance, though they have not said he is suspected of any crime.

<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

They live across the street and this has stunned my little cul-de-sac.

They seemed to have a very devoted relationship and had lived in the neighborhood for 20 years.

I liked them, especially Marcia. We had become friends since I moved in about two years ago.

The police came to my home on Saturday AM and interviewed me.

This is being covered on Fox News now....husband gave a myriad of excuses for wife being gone. Husband spoke with LE...said a friend picked up wife and drove her to Arizona...he disappeared immediately after interview with LE.

This sounds really bad...wish there was some more info somewhere on this...

OC Lady....thank you for the perspective....have you heard anything else about this? Thanks for keeping us up-to-date! I sure hope Marcia is found soon. From what Fox stated, husband was cagey from the get-go....Not sounding very positive, I'm afraid.

OC - do you know if they have children/family? Thanks for any info you might have.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/forsberg-264282-deputies-investigators.html

Published: Aug. 30, 2010
Updated: 2:12 p.m.
By SALVADOR HERNANDEZ
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA – Investigators are continuing their search for a 61-year-old woman and her husband of 39 years, who vanished the day after deputies talked to him about his wife's disappearance.

Investigators have received several tips about the couple's suspicious disappearance, but officials said no new solid leads have surfaced as to where the two vanished.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/forsberg-264399-last-sheriff.html

Husband arrested in missing wife's death
SANTA ANA &#8211; A man whose wife had been reported missing was behind bars Tuesday on suspicion of killing her.
snipRichard Forsberg, also 61, disappeared last week and sheriff's detectives tracked him down Monday in Riverside County's Coachella Valley.
He is being held at the Men's Central Jail in Santa Ana, sheriff's Sgt. Jeff Foster said.
Acting on a tip from a television viewer, detectives went to the Palm Springs-Palm Desert area, located and interviewed Forsberg, then arrested him, sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said late Monday.

O.C. man who reported wife missing is booked on suspicion of murder

August 30, 2010 | 11:22 pm
An Orange County man who had reported his wife missing was arrested Monday night in connection with her death.

Richard Forsberg, 61, was booked on suspicion of murder after his wife, Marcia Forsberg, went missing several months ago, said Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Jim Amormino is saying that they believe her murder took place at the home in RSM. They said Mr. F made incriminating statements that implicated him in her murder.
They believe he rented a car and transported her body to a secondary location. They do not know where that location is, but they are looking for her right now as they have a couple ideas as to where he disposed of her.

A short while ago on Fox News they mentioned that he had attempted suicide. He was located at a medical facility but I'm not sure where.

Apparently he rented an RV in Irvine. he made several stops, theoretically to dispose of his wife.he drove to Palm Springs. he then tried to kill himself and ended up in a PS hospital where he was found by authorities when someone saw him on the news and put it together.
No doubt someone from WS.

Date of Birth:01-13-1949Next Appearance Date:09-01-2010 Sex:Male Next Appearance Court:CJ1 Race:White Custody Status:In Custody Height:6' 00" Bail Amount:$0.00 Weight:206 Arrested on:08-30-2010 Hair Color:Grey Housing Location:Intake Release Center (Men) Eye Color: Blue Occupation:COLLEGE AD

They may have found her in Lake Piru. They have to identify the bits of bone fragments that they may have found. Seems he may have burned her in a fire pit.
He hit her several times with a statue in their home. he kept her in the home for several days and then took her in an RV and buried or burned her in Lake Piru. He is being charged with lying in wait which is a special circumstance and could be death penalty eligible.

Then he went to PS and was hospitalized after a suicide attempt. While there, one of the nurses caring for him saw him on the news and called authorities.

On Tuesday afternoon, after deputies spent hours searching for the remains of Forsberg's 61-year-old wife in the ashes of a fire pit in Lake Piru, the Orange County District Attorney's Office filed charges against the Rancho Santa Margarita man, charging him with one count of special circumstances murder.

snip
the couple of 39 years had an argument in their two-story home Feb. 9. Forsberg then took a small statue and hit her several times in the head, killing her. "When she turned her back, he hit her several times with the statue," said Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
He allegedly kept the body at the home for several days, until he rented a recreational vehicle and took the body to the Lake Piru campground in Ventura County.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/forsberg-264399-last-sheriff.html

I just don't get how someone lives to the age of 61 and suddenly becomes a murderer. Bizarre.

1 0 02/09/2010 187(a) PC F Murder

1 1 02/09/2010 190.2(a)(15) PC F ENH-Special circumstance; Murdered victim by means of lying in wait

Rick Forsberg has retained an attorney Robert Viefhaus, a high profile defense attorney in SoCal - the arraignment has been put off once again, this time to October 22...

According to my contact at the Sheriff's Dept, "if there was going to be a plea agreement, we would know about it" - no news yet.

Also, no news on the forensic testing being done on the "evidence" that was obtained from the fire pit at a campground in Ventura County - could take 3-6 months for the test results to come back....

Stay tuned....

Trial has been set for end of November...Fosberg's original defense attorney passed away this summer, so a new attorney has to be retained...oddly he was the second person in this case who died (the first was one of the original investigators)

I received a subpoena last week and will possibly be testifying...the only good thing to come out of this crime is that I have gotten to know and become friends with friends of the victim. She was very much loved by many people. I miss her.

From February 2013:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Slaying-Rancho-Santa-Margarita-189391641.html

A former Coast Community College District administrator was sentenced on Friday to 15 years to life in prison for bludgeoning his ailing wife to death with a goddess statuette before decapitating her body and burning the remains in a park fire pit.

Richard Gustav Forsberg was convicted in December of second-degree murder for killing his wife, Marcia Ann...

On Aug. 24, 2010, friends reported her missing. Investigators discovered her remains in in a fire pit at Lake Piru.

Just adding some photos of Marcia

• marcia_ann_forsberg_1.jpg
  • marcia_ann_forsberg_2.jpg
  • fosberg_marcia3.jpg
  • marcia_ann_forsberg_4.jpg
  • marcia_ann_forsberg_5.jpg
Marcia, circa 2010;

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors