2010.08.30 - Status Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomo

Reaction score
Thought that I would start the thread on the hearing today. Hope you all have your beverage of choice ready. This should be a good one.

Snipped from the news thread- In Session (formerly Court TV) on the Tru TV network will have Casey Anthony coverage from 9-3 today EST/PST and (8-2 CentralTime per Jean Casarez via FB

Casey Anthony Won't Attend Hearing
Perry Sets Status Hearing For Monday

POSTED: 11:36 am EDT August 26, 2010
"snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/24770346/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys on both sides are expected to attend the hearing.

A spokeswoman for the Ninth Judicial Circuit said Anthony won't attend the hearing.

Status hearings provide an opportunity for a judge to gauge whether a case is still on track.

A big thank you in advance to those of you that can watch and comment for the stuck-in-the-office types!

In Session is no longer available in Canada as of today WTH!!! Jomo help-are you only getting ID channel now?

kaRN,
Bummer that you are not getting In Session! They are showing past court appearances and interviews now. It appears that they will be doing it till time for today's hearing. At least I hope they continue the coverage till the hearing starts. It seems there is always something new to see or hear, or at least something long forgotten.

They just showed Lee's testimony at the hearing last month and a woman is now analyzing whether he is being truthful or being decietful. It appears that she believes that he was being truthful?!? Speaking about his "role playing" with KC before the police arrived at the house that first night.

Thanks Mumsy!!

Well JB has succeeded in his media ban of people who could never be seated on his jury anyway grrrrrr lol!

This woman doing the analyzing seems to think that Lee is using his hands a lot in a "helpful' way, that he is a "peacemaker" in the family, but that KC is showing "contempt" while Lee is testifying by the way she moves her mouth.

Just reported on In Session today is the last day (8/30) that both sides will be allowed to list witnesses they wish to call @ trial.

In Session is having a survey as to whether KC can get a fair trial.

The Phone # is 1-877-juror13 or

1-877-587-6713

Should be interesting results!

Just reported on In Session today is the last day (8/30) that both sides will be allowed to list witnesses they wish to call @ trial.

I just KNOW that Baez will come up with some "super secret" witness that they could not find before the deadling, and this witness will PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that KC is innocent!! :banghead:

In session playing audio of police interview of 7/18/08 when KC is being confronted with lying about all the addresses, being @ Universal w/o a job there. Det. asking KC where Caylee is and to quit the lying.

They are now playing KC's first recorded interview with detectives on July 16, 2008.Even when she is told that they know she is lying she continues to lie! She just shows absolutely NO emotion! I would really like to see just what a lie detector would show if she took one. I believe that some people can pass one if they are good liars, and she is definietly a liar!!

As a Florida resident and tax-payer it really irks me that my taxes will go to help her defense team. This case should have been pled out many moons ago.
Now they want to drag poor Tony into all this. I am sure he was horrified to find out what she did to her daughter! And now they want to put his butt to the fire!

"I've been reaching to try to find a place where she actually is" . . . . Yes, I'm sure she was.

I have to say, it is interesting to hear these tapes again. You pick up more each time and knowing more of what we know now, makes it different, too.

TruTv is discussing whether she can receive a fair trial or not. Of course she can because the defense spews a ton of contradictory carp every time something is released! We're constantly hearing about how she's innocent and there is no evidence and it's all junk science. So, it goes both ways.

They did comment that JBP will assure she will receive a fair trial. Will Jay says it's actually better for potential jurors to hear the tapes and such because it'll lessen the "sting" when they hear it at trial.

I have to say, it is interesting to hear these tapes again. You pick up more each time and knowing more of what we know now, makes it different, too.

TruTv is discussing whether she can receive a fair trial or not. Of course she can because the defense spews a ton of contradictory carp every time something is released! We're constantly hearing about how she's innocent and there is no evidence and it's all junk science. So, it goes both ways.

They did comment that JBP will assure she will receive a fair trial. Will Jay says it's actually better for potential jurors to hear the tapes and such because it'll lessen the "sting" when they hear it at trial.

BBM

I also tend to agree with the caller who said that many people have lost interest in the case. Not everyone follows it so closely as we do.

I know my own mother started out following the case and she lost interest a LONG time ago because the case has dragged on for so long. I believe she isn't the only one who feels that way.

And then there are those who never even followed the case to begin with... and just heard bits and pieces along the way. So for some, hearing the tapes at trial MAY still be their first time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth