984 users online (212 members and 772 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    This is intriguing. I think I know what my brother will get for Christmas now.

So totally cool about the thred on E-Cigarettes. I have them in all sort of nice colors, hunter green, pink and many other battery colors. I haven't burned a "traditional" cigarette in over a year. I probally shouldn't enjoy using the e-cigarette but I do.

I tried them at a booth at a local fleamarket and they seemed ok but I didn't buy them then. After coming home I tried to research on line but got confused with different brands on which was the best to go with because of batteries, atomizers options so I did nothing.

This thread made me rethink the idea as I really need to quit.
    This is site for the ones I tried (good video):

http://rcecdistributing.mybigcommerce.com/
    Last edited by Cher352; 10-14-2010 at 02:51 AM. Reason: correct link

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    I tried them at a booth at a local fleamarket and they seemed ok but I didn't buy them then. After coming home I tried to research on line but got confused with different brands on which was the best to go with because of batteries, atomizers options so I did nothing.

This thread made me rethink the idea as I really need to quit.
    This is site for the ones I tried (good video):

http://rcecdistributing.mybigcommerce.com/
    If you use them, don't inhale! I tried the Fuma brand and my chest got to hurting and I had to go to hospital. They contain the same chemical as antifreeze.
    ============
    My opinion only

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forensic fan View Post
    If you use them, don't inhale! I tried the Fuma brand and my chest got to hurting and I had to go to hospital. They contain the same chemical as antifreeze.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Please check out information for yourself regarding ECigarettes! There is a lot of information regarding how data that came out regarding the "antifreeze" thingy failed to mention that the same ingredients at much higher levels are found in ...take a guess? Your traditional cigarette.

Quitting smoking all together works best, If it works. Good luck everyone!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

More information regarding saftey and FDA.
    Link: http://www.casaa.org/resources

Snip under Resources tab:

October 2008: In a study funded by Ruyan, Health New Zealand conducts a detailed quantitative analysis and concludes that carcinogens and toxicants are present only below harmful levels. On the basis of the findings, the e-cigarette is rated several orders of magnitude (100 to 1000 times) less dangerous than smoking tobacco cigarettes. The nicotine dose is comparable to that of a medicinal nicotine inhaler. Overall, the product tested was deemed a "safe alternative to smoking."

Video about PG, the stuff everyone is afraid of b/c it is in antifreeze, this guy explains and links to a study that PG is safe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/QCAssoci...46/tKJM2kd6AuE

Everyone try e-cigs for Christmas! I just started and it is helping.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I quit smoking 3 months ago. I now just vape. I am not wheezing and feel better (smell better too).

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner Fan#1 View Post
    Okay, JBean, Hubby and I are thinking about this..we have tried everything, even Chantix and the side effects of that was terrible nightmares and I couldn't take it.

Hubby is not really on board, but in the past, he has always been the one that wants to quit so he is willing to give this a shot. He has severe medical problems that are prompting this and I'm about to the end of my rope.

Hubby absolutely wants to quit....and I think possibly this may work for me.

Is there a support group here on W/S for quitting? If not, maybe there should be...if there is...can you direct me to it? I just want to take this opportunity to tell you I am so grateful for your never ending patience with us.

Thank you for the tag you have been dragging behind you!
    Sooner

I miss you so much, Sooner Fan#1. Think about you often, and wonder how your husband is doing since your passing. You were all over these forums spreading cheer. I imagine you're still having a good time now, just on the other side.

Regarding ecigs, I found out it takes some effort to learn about the equipment and liquids. There's some that have longer battery life and larger clearomizers. There's decisions to be made about the strength of the nicotine, and whether you want a certain PG/VG mix like 50/50 or 70/30 or 80/20. PG is for more throat hit, VG for more vapor. Then, there's all kinds of flavors like coconut or tiramisu, or nicotine flavors like RY4.

I think ecigs beat most of the other methods to quit. I hope so. Please share your success stories.

I use the logic e-cig.

My last cigarette on was 1/31/13, after over 25+ years of smoking. I LOVE that I don't smoke anymore. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I am proud of myself for being able to stop for this long, and I pray that I continue to have the strength to never light up another cig again. I've never felt better. Myself, house, car and clothes all smell clean, and the extra cash in my pocket each month is a great thing too.

I encourage any and all smokers to give it a try. Tell yourself that its your new brand cig's to help get past the first week cravings and stress. Good luck - If I can do it - you can too!
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Regarding ecigs, I found out it takes some effort to learn about the equipment and liquids. There's some that have longer battery life and larger clearomizers. There's decisions to be made about the strength of the nicotine, and whether you want a certain PG/VG mix like 50/50 or 70/30 or 80/20. PG is for more throat hit, VG for more vapor. Then, there's all kinds of flavors like coconut or tiramisu, or nicotine flavors like RY4.

I think ecigs beat most of the other methods to quit. I hope so. Please share your success stories.
    I am still learning also. I spent a lot of time reading at the E-cig forum. I helps to have a nice Mortar and Brick near you. I don't have one where I live but there is one in a town near by. They are extremely nice and informative. If you are a first timer, they can have you setup with something in minutes.
    You can go in and sit on a nice comfy couch (drink free coffee and eat cookies) and try all their (house made) juices. All of their juices are a 70/30 mix. Started with a basic 510 setup, 2.8 volt battery at 650 mah. There are so many choices after that. I am now interested in coils and maybe some DIY juice. Think I will go up there Saturday and come back with some gourmet juice.

I really feel that breaking the oral habit is essential...as well as stopping the hand to mouth habit. You can do this with lemon drops for much cheapers. It's really essential *in my mind* that you DX anything smoking related: that means e cigs, ashtrays, going outside to hang and smoke e cigs, its' not eliminating any of the behaviors AT ALL. It's encouraging your brain to continue with them.

It is the hardest part of the habit to break AFTER the nicotine is OUT of your system. Learning to do OTHER THINGS with your hands; is so important. So I'm really against the E Cig caca and think that eventually they will show; they don't help with quitting.

The whole idea is to nix the habit; and this habit is GREAT. IOW it's so intense, esp the oral fixation. You need to STOP the oral fixation after the nicotine is out of your system. You can do this by putting other items *candy dishes* where your ashtrays were, removing the ashtray from your car, scrubbing everything down in your home and car, removing the stench of smoking...it's really difficult.

But most difficult of all is what on earth to do with your hands! So; popping a lemon drop here and there, takes care of this. I'm really against Ecigs, because they encourage the continuing of the hand to mouth oral fixation.
    JMO

Think healthy as healthy as you can. Think about your dental issues, and how they can rear their ugly heads AFTER you quit....dragging on anything smoke related will still inflame your mouth. How do we know in years to come they won't cause mouth cancer or tongue cancer?

I had a cousin who got mouth cancer from smoking and chew. It is the absolute worst surgery and very deforming. He went through YEARS of grafting and sx to look normal again.

So please keep these things in mind. It's like replacing one habit with another; when the whole idea is to NIX that habit all together It's not just the nicotine. It's the oral fixation and so much more.
    Good Luck to all who are trying as I really commend you.

I've got about 17 yrs under my belt now. I don't miss it one little bit. I still get nauseous if I smell a cig. It's that lingering smell on people; esp in the rain when their clothes are wet that makes me want to GAG ...when I smell it. All of these things are only further deterrents to quit. And for me? They are further proof that IF I can do this after 30 yrs so can any of you. It's a really hard habit to break. But going out on "smoke breaks" and using these ecigs only is reinforcing the behavior. So; for me; this is a round robin.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoda View Post
    I use the logic e-cig.

My last cigarette on was 1/31/13, after over 25+ years of smoking. I LOVE that I don't smoke anymore. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I am proud of myself for being able to stop for this long, and I pray that I continue to have the strength to never light up another cig again. I've never felt better. Myself, house, car and clothes all smell clean, and the extra cash in my pocket each month is a great thing too.

I encourage any and all smokers to give it a try. Tell yourself that its your new brand cig's to help get past the first week cravings and stress. Good luck - If I can do it - you can too!
    GOOD FOR YOU!

Did you run into any problems at first getting used to vaping - like coughing more from the vapor, or mouth sores, dry throat, sore throat, headaches? It sounds like it's really worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ctkid View Post
    I am still learning also. I spent a lot of time reading at the E-cig forum. I helps to have a nice Mortar and Brick near you. I don't have one where I live but there is one in a town near by. They are extremely nice and informative. If you are a first timer, they can have you setup with something in minutes.
    You can go in and sit on a nice comfy couch (drink free coffee and eat cookies) and try all their (house made) juices. All of their juices are a 70/30 mix. Started with a basic 510 setup, 2.8 volt battery at 650 mah. There are so many choices after that. I am now interested in coils and maybe some DIY juice. Think I will go up there Saturday and come back with some gourmet juice.
    Since when was I ever interested in coils before?

Thanks for sharing what equipment you're using, similar to mine. Vaping still seems so dry on my mouth and throat. I've reduced the nicotine level of my ejuices which did help me cough less. Still, dry mouth and sore throat from vaping makes me tempted to just light up a regular cig again. So, I am not experiencing success yet.

Do you think I can work through these problems to continue with ecigs? Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I wish I could just use lemon drops and candy to quit, but I need an aid and ecigs give me some hope.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast