1111 users online (206 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Update - After posting my concerns, I went out and got some no flavor, no nicotine liquid and added it to my half empty clearomizers. It's much milder now, less drying. I think ecigs can work for me.

If you have a smoker in your life, you might consider getting them a try out ecig kit as a
    holiday gift. Happy Holidays and a tobacco-less New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Update - After posting my concerns, I went out and got some no flavor, no nicotine liquid and added it to my half empty clearomizers. It's much milder now, less drying. I think ecigs can work for me.

If you have a smoker in your life, you might consider getting them a try out ecig kit as a
    holiday gift. Happy Holidays and a tobacco-less New Year!

Sounds like you figured it out and just reduced the nicotine. So what strength of nicotine were you using? 24? I started out with 16-18 range. Don't have really any problem with mouth drying. I have one protank 3 with Gorilla Juice and a clear carto with chocolate truffle. One is on an ego twist and the other on a plain battery. I have a bid on a Sigelei Legend on ebay. Going to the vape store Saturday and try some gourmet. I then will go the 2nd vape store and buy me some Mothers Milk.

Quote Originally Posted by ctkid View Post
    Sounds like you figured it out and just reduced the nicotine. So what strength of nicotine were you using? 24? I started out with 16-18 range. Don't have really any problem with mouth drying. I have one protank 3 with Gorilla Juice and a clear carto with chocolate truffle. One is on an ego twist and the other on a plain battery. I have a bid on a Sigelei Legend on ebay. Going to the vape store Saturday and try some gourmet. I then will go the 2nd vape store and buy me some Mothers Milk.
    Thanks for sharing, ctkid. A glass protank ($18) like yours is what I'd like to get next, but the CE4 & CE5 clearomizers at $7 each have held up longer than I expected with no coil changes. I have two ego-like 510 style batteries at the 900 mAh for now. I barely understand why I might want to get the twist voltage style. This is all so new to me.

Yes, the nicotine content of 2.4 turned out to be too strong. The good news is it can be deluded. I added the no flavor/no nic liquid. What a difference it made. The vapor now seems smoother on my throat, and less drying at probably a 12-16 range. I really appreciate that you know what I'm talking about.

My first eliquids I ordered online custom made from Highbrow. Your trips to the vape store sound like fun. I haven't tried Gorilla Juice or Mothers Milk yet. Being able to add drops of flavors to suit tastes is an interesting bonus to eliquids.

There's hope to quit tobacco finally. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Gorilla Juice is from Alien Vision its in their tobacco section, but takes like a banana. Mothers Milk, I haven't tried yet (But read the reviews) is made by a lady in Texas her name is Pip Bunny and her brand is called Suicide Bunny. I think she only has 5 different flavors. Mothers milk has been described as a creamy custard with a strawberry exhale. But juices taste different in different setups. But so far since I picked up a PV I have not touched an analog cigarette.

GOOD FOR YOU!

Did you run into any problems at first getting used to vaping - like coughing more from the vapor, or mouth sores, dry throat, sore throat, headaches? It sounds like it's really worked out for you.
    Thank you! It really is a good thing to not smoke. I have had no troubles at all. One day I hope to stop the e-cig too, but for now, its what I need to keep me sane. I don't inhale too deep, and never had a sore.

The logic is black and looks like a pen, which I like when I'm out in public. Its cheaper too, about $20 for the starter with the USB charger, and then $20 for 5 replacement vapor tops (I don't know what they are called).

I really wanted to quit, and this was just what I needed to get me past the critical first weeks. I wish you and anyone else who wants to stop smoking well. It can be done - I suggest that you don't make that big of a deal in your head - just take it one day at a time - and each day that you don't smoke it a good day for you.

Good luck
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

I just wanted to say. I tried the gums, patch's, cold turkey and classes. Don't get me started on Chantix. I wanted to kill people on Chantix. When I would go cold turkey, something traumatic would happen. A child got killed by a drunk driver getting off the school bus, this child had lived at my house and her mother is the mother of my youngest baby. I have custody of my baby. I understood that to take care of my kids that I needed to quit. On my 56th birthday, I quit analog. My doctor suggested that I try a PV and it is working, 3 months and I don't know exactly how many analogs have been avoided and how much money has been saved. I breathe better, I smell better, I noticed that my car and my house smelled. I have deodorized both since, cant stand the smell. If you are trying to quit smoking this is another weapon in the arsenal.

Saving one lung at a time.
    Last edited by ctkid; 12-20-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Sentence structure

2nd step has started, yes everything tastes better. I have lost 20 pounds in 3 months. No trick here, I just eat 1/2 as much. I knew when I quit smoking that I could gain weight. I split wood for 2 days this last weekend.

I miss you so much, Sooner Fan#1. Think about you often, and wonder how your husband is doing since your passing. You were all over these forums spreading cheer. I imagine you're still having a good time now, just on the other side.
    Dave is NOT doing good! He misses Gayle terribly. Thanksgiving was very hard for him, plus he just had a painful back surgery. He really needs prayers.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Dave is NOT doing good! He misses Gayle terribly. Thanksgiving was very hard for him, plus he just had a painful back surgery. He really needs prayers.
    Back surgery can leave you in more pain that you had to begin with. I know, I did CT scans on a lot of them. I had a ruptured disk, the neuro suregeon asked me....do you really want me to do surgery? I said no....I can deal with it....I got better over time. I will pray for him...I know that boat that he is in...If you are trying to get disability for back pain/injury it will take your years....even then its a gamble. All we can do is one step at a time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Protank 3 is too airy to me....I will get a 2 (my 2 mini the glass broke) this weekend.....I see Kanger is coming out with a new line with a tank that had a dual coil and is air adjustable....Technology happens fast.

-=-=--==

Holidays are hard for many...especially those who lost love one's around that time.

Amazing experience at a local M&B....sweet couches and chairs....nice people.

Gorilla Juice is from Alien Vision its in their tobacco section, but takes like a banana. Mothers Milk, I haven't tried yet (But read the reviews) is made by a lady in Texas her name is Pip Bunny and her brand is called Suicide Bunny. I think she only has 5 different flavors. Mothers milk has been described as a creamy custard with a strawberry exhale. But juices taste different in different setups. But so far since I picked up a PV I have not touched an analog cigarette.
    (My SO is a big fan of Boba's Bounty from AV.)
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

It will be four years this Feb for me being smoke free!
    I only vape. My vape of choice is TastyVapors Atomic Cinnocide and RY-4 from GreenHouseOne.... I also like their watermelon, tastes just like a jolly rancher

I have too many styles of e-cigs to count! My favorite at the moment is my vision spinner and my absolute favorite ... My iTaste 134

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    It will be four years this Feb for me being smoke free!
    I only vape. My vape of choice is TastyVapors Atomic Cinnocide and RY-4 from GreenHouseOne.... I also like their watermelon, tastes just like a jolly rancher

I have too many styles of e-cigs to count! My favorite at the moment is my vision spinner and my absolute favorite ... My iTaste 134

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Cinnocide sounds like Cinister from the M&B that I went to yesterday. Can you actually have too many? LOL

Back surgery can leave you in more pain that you had to begin with. I know, I did CT scans on a lot of them. I had a ruptured disk, the neuro suregeon asked me....do you really want me to do surgery? I said no....I can deal with it....I got better over time. I will pray for him...I know that boat that he is in...If you are trying to get disability for back pain/injury it will take your years....even then its a gamble. All we can do is one step at a time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Protank 3 is too airy to me....I will get a 2 (my 2 mini the glass broke) this weekend.....I see Kanger is coming out with a new line with a tank that had a dual coil and is air adjustable....Technology happens fast.
    -=-=--==

Holidays are hard for many...especially those who lost love one's around that time.
    BBM What do you think of my getting the Mini Protank 2 and maybe a Visions Spinner? Are those minis a good vape in your opinion?

I could use some more feedback on good, inexpensive equipment for newbies.

Thanks to everyone for mentioning their equipment and fav eliquids.

I used to be quite a heavy smoker but quit 2 years ago after almost 10 years of smoking. Recently I've picked up the habit again - at first I thought I could be the type of person who just had one cigarette while out with friends socializing, but it's becoming quite obvious that smoking is something I need to give up for good.

Two close friends of mine have quit using the e-cigs, and they have recommended it highly to me. I think it's something I need to give a go, no more smoking in the new year! I did it once, so I know I can do it again. And this time, for good!
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast