Kyron Case Coming Up on HLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
The Kyron case will be discussed in the next segment on HLN (Issues - with someone in for JVM).

Teaser, I guess. Casey case up now. Stay tuned.

Watching it now,this is ticking me off so bad,whoever has him,give him his life back.Has there been any talk by LE to investigate her relatives in California to see if they know anything?They know Kyron,there's photos of him and TH's relatives kids.

Very quick report with no new information. I learn more reading threads here at WS!

When they were discussing possible immunity it made me wonder why the offer hasn't been made publicly by the SA for anyone holding Kyron...offer them immunity in return for Kyron and testimony against Terri, let Kyron go home to his Daddy and send Terri straight to prison...seems so simple in my mind.

When they were discussing possible immunity it made me wonder why the offer hasn't been made publicly by the SA for anyone holding Kyron...offer them immunity in return for Kyron and testimony against Terri, let Kyron go home to his Daddy and send Terri straight to prison...seems so simple in my mind.

But what if said person is the one who actually killed Kyron (assuming he is dead, that is), and TH was only a planner in the whole thing?

If LE really believed the theory, they probably would. IMO that's Desiree's and possibly Kaines theory only.

The planner who instigates someones death or kidnapping is the most guilty party in my mind. W/O the planner there would have been no crime against Kyron.

The planner who instigates someones death or kidnapping is the most guilty party in my mind. W/O the planner there would have been no crime against Kyron.

Yes, I would assume much like in a murder for hire plot you have a "planner" that is planning to have someone murdered and hires someone to do so. That "planner" would be charged
with murder. conspiracy and solicitation of murder if I'm not mistaken is what it would fall under..

So am quite sure the "planner" in this case too would be held accountable for the murder.

I wasn't able to watch - what/who did they refer to with regard to immunity?

Yes, I would assume much like in a murder for hire plot you have a "planner" that is planning to have someone murdered and hires someone to do so. That "planner" would be charged
with murder. conspiracy and solicitation of murder if I'm not mistaken is what it would fall under..

So am quite sure the "planner" in this case too would be held accountable for the murder.

Can they go for the Death Penalty of the planner? Hope so if Kyron was intentionally harmed as the "planner's plan" was a plan of murder of an innocent little boy. Woe to that person.

Can they go for the Death Penalty of the planner? Hope so if Kyron was intentionally harmed as the "planner's plan" was a plan of murder of an innocent little boy. Woe to that person.

In the "Pamela Smart" case, she was the planner and had teen age kids kill her husband... She's still behind bars..

If Terri was the planner in this case, and a death occured because of it (accidently or not), she could very well likely get the death penalty...

-endangering a child
-kidnapping
-interference with custody
-conspiracy
-murder

and I'm sure there are others...:waitasec:

The jury decides the sentence in Oregon for the crime of aggravated murder, as proscribed by ORS 163.105.[2] Death, imprisonment without parole and life imprisonment are allowed as sentences. Life imprisonment must have a minimum period where the defendant is not allowed parole of thirty years. Mitigating and aggravating factors are to be considered during sentencing.

Mitigating Factors:

* Whether the conduct of the defendant that caused the death of the deceased was committed deliberately and with the reasonable expectation that death of the deceased or another would result;
* Whether there is a probability that the defendant would commit criminal acts of violence that would constitute a continuing threat to society;
* If raised by the evidence, whether the conduct of the defendant in killing the deceased was unreasonable in response to the provocation, if any, by the deceased; and
* Whether the defendant should receive a death sentence.

The Governor of Oregon has sole authority over clemency, including capital cases.

Mitigating Factor #1 BBM. I'd say yes she would qualify for the death penalty..

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Oregon[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member