997 users online (174 members and 823 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: I believe the world will end on December 21, 2012..

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 1.30%
  • No

158 51.30%
  • Not 100% Sure Either Way.

39 12.66%
  • Not if the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu saves the day!

31 10.06%
  • The foil hats will save us by reflecting the flares.

31 10.06%
  • only if idiots try to bomb us out of existence to make it happen on that day

21 6.82%
  • only if it's also Superman's day off.

2 0.65%
  • Not sure but kinda hoping it does.

9 2.92%
  • Only if the zombies get us

5 1.62%
  • Only if pigs fly

3 0.97%
  • It's only going to be a cleansing of the gene pool

1 0.32%
  • ...tap..tap..tap..is this mic on?..hello, is anybody else here?..tap..tap

4 1.30%

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation Could this be how the world ends in 2012?

Link

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

...Similar storms back in 1859 and 1921 caused worldwide chaos, wiping out telegraph wires on a massive scale. The 2012 storm has the potential to be even more disruptive.

"The general consensus among general astronomers (and certainly solar astronomers) is that this coming Solar maximum (2012 but possibly later into 2013) will be the most violent in 100 years," News.com.au quoted astronomy lecturer and columnist Dave Reneke as saying.

"A bold statement and one taken seriously by those it will affect most, namely airline companies, communications companies and anyone working with modern GPS systems.

"They can even trip circuit breakers and knock out orbiting satellites, as has already been done this year," added Reneke.

No one really knows what effect the 2012-2013 Solar Max will have on today's digital-reliant society....

Oh well, it's been a nice ride while it lasted, eh?

Well if it does I am going to be ticked ! There are many things I want to do before my time and my 9:00 to 5:00 M-F isnt it ... I would hate to spend my last year slave to the grind, when I could rack up my credit cards in Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zeland and the Caribbean with my family
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Well if it does I am going to be ticked ! There are many things I want to do before my time and my 9:00 to 5:00 M-F isnt it ... I would hate to spend my last year slave to the grind, when I could rack up my credit cards in Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zeland and the Caribbean with my family
    I'm curious about suicides, sick calls, credit card purchases and other things that people might do if they truly believe the earth is going to be destroyed.

It falls on a Friday so I'm guessing there will be a lot of parties. Unfortunately, there will also be, most likely, a lot DD deaths too.

Hi SteelyDan, Does this have anything to do with an island off the West coast of Africa where a huge chunk of land is suppose to fall into the ocean that will cause a major chain reaction?

xox xox

PS; Forgive me as I haven't read all the links here but have watched it on TV.

I haven't heard of the Africa thingy. Do you have a link? It sounds interesting. Read the OP, it has to do with the worst solar storm in 100 years that's expected to happen in late 2012 or early 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I haven't heard of the Africa thingy. Do you have a link? It sounds interesting. Read the OP, it has to do with the worst solar storm in 100 years that's expected to happen in late 2012 or early 2013.
    They had a major scientific show about this Steely in 2009 I believe. It was to happen on a certain date which was either 2011 or 2012, and the effect of the slippage of land into the ocean was going to cause such consequesces that was to possibly end the world. I also believe it was stated to be the end of the world as fortold by ancient astrologers or scientists.

I will look to see what I can find. I do believe it was on the public broadcasting system, OPB here in Oregon.

I remember when I saw it my sister had been diagnosed with a rare cancer and I was hoping she would live long enough to experience what was to happen as she was an astrologer. xox

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    They had a major scientific show about this Steely in 2009 I believe. It was to happen on a certain date which was either 2011 or 2012, and the effect of the slippage of land into the ocean was going to cause such consequesces that was to possibly end the world. I also believe it was stated to be the end of the world as fortold by ancient astrologers or scientists.

I will look to see what I can find. I do believe it was on the public broadcasting system, OPB here in Oregon.

I remember when I saw it my sister had been diagnosed with a rare cancer and I was hoping she would live long enough to experience what was to happen as she was an astrologer. xox
    The Mayans as well as some Asian ancient societies predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012. A lot of people believe it. The vast majority don't but a lot do. Supposedly there is going to be some kind of celestial alignment that only happens every thousand years or so. IIRC.

Funny, but I'm listening to C2C and George Noory is reading this news story (the solar storm in 2012) right now.

If it's a celestial event that happens every 100 years or even every 1000 years the world has ended lots of times already and no one just noticed.

I still feel cheated that nothing whatsoever happened because of the well hyped 2K crisis. I never even got stuck in an elevator once.

SO, who is this soft feathered brown Australian brown emu??? i would very much like to meet him Steely??

Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu to the rescue! I just don't buy into the world ending. Changing, yes. Dramatically changing, maybe. Ending, no.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishyPA View Post
    Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu to the rescue! I just don't buy into the world ending. Changing, yes. Dramatically changing, maybe. Ending, no.
    ITA...dramatic change, yes. And I do mean dramatic. But the world will still be here, and so will humans, although maybe not so many. That's what I see, anyway.

BUT....I'm hanging on for dear life to the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu!
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

No worries! This emu's on the job!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    SO, who is this soft feathered brown Australian brown emu??? i would very much like to meet him Steely??
    Click on the fifth button. He's working out to save the world.

And here's another one of him;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5LENwgWjB0[/ame]

Link

1) The Maya, as with almost all ancient world cultures, believed that the earth, as part of its natural cycle of being, lives through a series of successive ‘world ages’, each separated by sudden physical planetary upheaval.

2) According to modern day researchers, the Long Count calendar system was established by the Maya in ancient times to forecast or mark out the very transition points between world ages.

3) The primary recurring cycle of the Long Count calendar has been found to consist of precisely 1872000 solar days (approximately equal to 5125.36 years). And this period of time is held to be the very duration of each successive world age.

4) From the study of Long Count inscriptions found at various ancient Mayan settlements, evidence has been uncovered to suggest that the Maya believed the current world age began on 11 August 3114 BC - Gregorian calendar. (Or, under the older Julian calendar, 6 September 3114 BC).

5) If the researchers are correct in their reconstruction of the Long Count start-date, which would represent the end of the last world age and the beginning of the present age, then the addition of 1872000 days to the time of 11 August 3114 BC, will place the end of the current age at precisely: 21 December 2012 AD.

End of the world? Or time to get a new calendar?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast