TX - Tonya Page, 29, killed in hit & run, Bedford, 29 Aug 2010

TCMom

Reaction score
This woman was unidentified for almost 24 hours I think. She was found on a highway in a Dallas suburb at 2:30 on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Finally she was identified as Tonya Page, 29, who lives with her husband and two kids in a nearby city. They haven't elaborated much on the reasons behind why she was walking along the highway at that hour, but the driver still hasn't been located.

I think this one stings because she reminds me so much of Laci Peterson.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Bedford-police-ID-woman-found-dead-on-Highway-183-101831258.html

We had another hit-and-run driver that was recently identified several months after the incident. I hope they can catch the criminal in this case as well.

Just heartbreaking.

She does remind me of Laci!

Why would she set down her purse? Doesn't make sense. Did she intentionally step in front of traffic?

And what's with the two people running and picking up her purse......seems pretty convenient.

From the article, you can tell she was an animal lover. Maybe she saw or thought she saw an injured animal out of camera range and set down her purse to make it easier to help it. My mother has a habit of doing the exact same thing when she's out walking and sees an animal she thinks may need help, or a person, for that matter.

She does remind me of Laci!

Why would she set down her purse? Doesn't make sense. Did she intentionally step in front of traffic?

And what's with the two people running and picking up her purse......seems pretty convenient.

From what I have heard on local tv broadcasts, Tonya sat down her bag/purse as a patrol officer cruised by. Idk why he didn't stop at that hour.

If she was trying to get home then she might have been trying to catch a ride on 121/183, never a good idea.

Also, on local tv it was reported that she had left the family gathering in Hurst and went to another party close by. So, someone from that party must have taken her to the intersection of Brown Trail & the Highway.

very tragic, God Bless her children

This one is very strange. She does resemble Laci.

Some local reports indicate she just "vanished" from the family party; others report that she did go to another party and was given a ride to near the accident location from the second , but they don't indicate why.

Where is the husband during all of this time (not implicating him for anything, it is just strange that she is out that late at night, especially in swimsuit and shorts). Some people have suspected she had drugs in her purse and didn't want the cop to find them.

The background, the dropping of the purse, the giddy approach by the people who find the purse, and the mother of two who is dead within 7 minutes of the video is all just strange.

it's all bizarre

why would someone drop her off at 2 a.m. unless she requested it & even then why would she request it? was she upset about something?

even so, most people would make sure to get a female passenger home safe

so why did this person drop her off there? seems a bunch of people didn't care much about human life - the hit & run driver, the 'gleeful' purse thiefs, and whoever dropped her off ...

Strange that she was even out that late at night, without her husband, or a form of transportation.

Never mind Laci...this case reminds me so much of the Sharon Marshall case...
eta: that sounded RUDE towards Laci, never meant it to be...
But Sharon's case fits this much more, IMO, looks aside.

In the video she drops her purse but, then she leaves it and continues walking.....odd?

In the video she drops her purse but, then she leaves it and continues walking.....odd?

I know, this is so bizarre. I am really bothered by this story. The fact that she sets her purse down and keeps walking. She goes over a guard rail, and down a steep embankment to the highway. From where she sets her purse down to where she is hit is about 25 feet.

I wonder if she was drugged or suicidal.

Here is where it happened:

freeway-body_20100830073052_320_240.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy