787 users online (112 members and 675 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499

    TX - Candiace Terry, 24, Houston, 2 September 2010

    http://texasequusearch.org/2010/08/m...ton-tx-080610/

    08/16/10 — The search for 24-year old Candiace Terry will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday – August 17, 2010. The Command Post/Staging Area will be at the First Baptist Church of Houston, located at 7401 Katy Freeway @ N. Post Oak Rd. in Houston, Texas 77024. Please park and enter through the main entrance on the west side of the church. We will be in need of foot searchers and ATVs. Your Search Coordinator is Frank Black and his phone number is (713) 301-6813. But call Frank only if absolutely necessary. Please dress and prepare according for very hot weather and a brushy environment. If you have water in disposable containers, please bring it. Thank you for your help.

    08/16/10 — Candiace Terry, age 24, was last seen on Friday, August 6, 2010, in the area of San Felipe and the 610 West Loop in Houston, TX. Candiace was last seen wearing black jeans, blue collared shirt with Methodist logo and blue flip flops. She has a tattoo of the words “Cali girl” inside her lip and Arab writing on her chest. Please call if you have any information.
    Last edited by Cubby; 09-07-2010 at 03:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,684
    She's been missing over two weeks and she just now made the news? I guess the media cant cover everyone all the time, but wow. There's another missing woman, Emily Grace, who's been gone even longer - since Aug 1st and today was the first I'd heard of her too tho

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    http://candiacegoestoegypt.blogspot.com/

    This is a blog she wrote while studying abroad in Cairo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,235
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    http://texasequusearch.org/2010/08/m...ton-tx-080610/She has a tattoo of the words “Cali girl” inside her lip...
    (snipped)

    I realize that this is a quote, but is it at all possible that they intended 'hip' rather than 'lip'? Just going by the photo of Candiace and the background provided, I don't imagine she has a tattoo on her inner lip.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,341
    I am just surprised there has been no media coverage of this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,684
    I saw a short blurb, but the person (was it mom?) giving the information (or either it was the edit monkeys) made it sort of sound as tho she got angry about something (a plan for the family to move some place?) and stormed off.

    That account sounds kind of troubling to me in that just bc someone becomes angry and leaves abruptly doesnt mean they intended to make themselves disappear.

    moo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,684
    oopps sorry double post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/31/ijvm.01.html

    DIAZ: I`m Carlos Diaz in for Jane Velez-Mitchell.

    In tonight`s "Spotlight," a mother`s frantic search for her daughter who has been missing for nearly a month. Twenty-four-year-old Candiace Terry went missing August 6. Her mom says she left home angry after getting the news the family was moving to California.

    Texas organized a search on August 17 but did not find anything. There have been two possible sightings.

    Candiace`s mom has put up flyers, searched shelters and neighborhood parks. Now she`s worried something terrible has happened to her daughter. Let`s help find this young woman.

    Straight out to my special guest, Candiace`s mother Connie Davis. We`re also joined by Mike Brooks, HLN law enforcement official.

    Now Connie, thanks so much for joining us. We are so sorry to hear what you`re going through. Houston police told us they`ve had two possible sightings of Candiace on August 17 and August 26. Do these sightings somehow give you more hope?

    CONNIE DAVIS, MOTHER: Yes. Yes.

    DIAZ: Now, what -- what are your thoughts right now? Do you -- do you think that your daughter is some place other than Houston, some place other than the Texas area? Or do you think that possibly she`s gone with some friends someplace?

    DAVIS: I`m not sure where she is. I didn`t hear anything about the sightings that the police are talking about. No one told me. I know of one. That was on August 6.

    DIAZ: You seem very distraught and, of course, you should be. Describe your emotional state over the last month.

    DAVIS: Helpless. You know, it`s horrible when your daughter goes missing or your child. So, yes, I just need help finding her and safely.

    DIAZ: Before we bring Mike Brooks in, I want to ask you, how would you describe your relationship with your 24-year-old daughter Candiace?

    DAVIS: We have a good relationship.

    DIAZ: Because, you know, she -- you announced that the family was moving to California. That`s when there were problems. Why did she not want to move to California?

    DAVIS: Well, she was comfortable here. And we -- it was just a discussion. It wasn`t set in stone. It was just a discussion. And -- and then she went for a walk, and I haven`t seen her. So...

    BROOKS: Connie, did she take her cell phone with her when she left or any other personal belongings? Maybe a bank card at all to possibly trace if there has been any activity on that, on either the cell phone or possibly a bank card?

    DAVIS: No.

    BROOKS: What about any friends and associates that are in the area that she may have gone to see since she was a little bit upset about her moving? Has law enforcement said anything about that at all?

    DAVIS: We`ve talked to her friends, and no one`s seen her. I haven`t really talked to law enforcement that much. They`re difficult to get a hold of.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,095
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/31/ijvm.01.html

    DIAZ: I`m Carlos Diaz in for Jane Velez-Mitchell.

    In tonight`s "Spotlight," a mother`s frantic search for her daughter who has been missing for nearly a month. Twenty-four-year-old Candiace Terry went missing August 6. Her mom says she left home angry after getting the news the family was moving to California.

    Texas organized a search on August 17 but did not find anything. There have been two possible sightings.

    Candiace`s mom has put up flyers, searched shelters and neighborhood parks. Now she`s worried something terrible has happened to her daughter. Let`s help find this young woman.

    Straight out to my special guest, Candiace`s mother Connie Davis. We`re also joined by Mike Brooks, HLN law enforcement official.

    Now Connie, thanks so much for joining us. We are so sorry to hear what you`re going through. Houston police told us they`ve had two possible sightings of Candiace on August 17 and August 26. Do these sightings somehow give you more hope?

    CONNIE DAVIS, MOTHER: Yes. Yes.

    DIAZ: Now, what -- what are your thoughts right now? Do you -- do you think that your daughter is some place other than Houston, some place other than the Texas area? Or do you think that possibly she`s gone with some friends someplace?

    DAVIS: I`m not sure where she is. I didn`t hear anything about the sightings that the police are talking about. No one told me. I know of one. That was on August 6.

    DIAZ: You seem very distraught and, of course, you should be. Describe your emotional state over the last month.

    DAVIS: Helpless. You know, it`s horrible when your daughter goes missing or your child. So, yes, I just need help finding her and safely.

    DIAZ: Before we bring Mike Brooks in, I want to ask you, how would you describe your relationship with your 24-year-old daughter Candiace?

    DAVIS: We have a good relationship.

    DIAZ: Because, you know, she -- you announced that the family was moving to California. That`s when there were problems. Why did she not want to move to California?

    DAVIS: Well, she was comfortable here. And we -- it was just a discussion. It wasn`t set in stone. It was just a discussion. And -- and then she went for a walk, and I haven`t seen her. So...

    BROOKS: Connie, did she take her cell phone with her when she left or any other personal belongings? Maybe a bank card at all to possibly trace if there has been any activity on that, on either the cell phone or possibly a bank card?

    DAVIS: No.

    BROOKS: What about any friends and associates that are in the area that she may have gone to see since she was a little bit upset about her moving? Has law enforcement said anything about that at all?

    DAVIS: We`ve talked to her friends, and no one`s seen her. I haven`t really talked to law enforcement that much. They`re difficult to get a hold of.

    JMO:
    I watched this segment and the mom seemed to be .. uh.. searching for words.. or giving one word answers.

    I give her the benefit of the doubt as her daughter has been missing for three weeks and she is on a national tv news show.
    And perhaps she has been taking medication to help deal with any anxiousness because her daughter is missing.

    But,

    I thought she would be more pro active, have something prepared to say, maybe a plea to her daughter, call home, call the police, let us know you are okay..
    but.... she seemed very subdued.

    JMO
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,427
    Quote Originally Posted by kant View Post
    I saw a short blurb, but the person (was it mom?) giving the information (or either it was the edit monkeys) made it sort of sound as tho she got angry about something (a plan for the family to move some place?) and stormed off.

    That account sounds kind of troubling to me in that just bc someone becomes angry and leaves abruptly doesnt mean they intended to make themselves disappear.

    moo
    It makes no sense to me either that Candice would take off because her parents were thinking of moving. Candice is 24 years old and should be able to maintain her own life as an adult if her parents decide to move away.

    Also the lack of media coverage YET TES was doing a search.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    It makes no sense to me either that Candice would take off because her parents were thinking of moving. Candice is 24 years old and should be able to maintain her own life as an adult if her parents decide to move away.

    Also the lack of media coverage YET TES was doing a search.
    Yes, I mean it's not like she's 13 and has to go where the family moves. Exactly. Unless she was steamed at the thought of her staying and the family moving, but still.... something seems odd about that part. Some folks get angry about whatever and step out for air or leave the room, building, home, etc go for a drive to think but.. IDK what I'm trying to say. IDK.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,499
    Candiace Terry has been reported found on a FB page posting as of 15 hrs ago, this poster is also friends with the mother. Since i can't tell if the poster is a minor or not, i'll wait for some other confirmation. Maybe TES will post an update.
    Last edited by fhc; 09-02-2010 at 04:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Candiace Terry has been reported found on a FB page posting as of 15 hrs ago, this poster is also friends with the mother. Since i can't tell if the poster is a minor or not, i'll wait for some other confirmation. Maybe TES will post an update.
    Sad thing is... aside from JVM covering the story, there was no media coverage or stories to link regarding her missing. I'm wondering if anyone will even report her found. I keep checking the TES website but no updates there either.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,970
    Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Candiace Terry has been reported found on a FB page posting as of 15 hrs ago, this poster is also friends with the mother. Since i can't tell if the poster is a minor or not, i'll wait for some other confirmation. Maybe TES will post an update.
    Yep, you're right. TES posted an update.

    09/01/10 — Candiace Terry has been located safe and returned to her family. Thank you to everyone who assisted in this search.

    http://texasequusearch.org/2010/08/m...ton-tx-080610/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased TX - Amalia Alexander, 32, Houston, 19 Sept 2016 *Arrest*
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 02:25 AM
  2. Found Safe TX - Alisha McElhiney, 20, Houston, 11 September 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 07:52 PM
  3. NY NY - Terry Cornell, 20, Syracuse, 7 Sept 1975
    By bessie in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 08:16 PM

Tags for this Thread