GUILTY OR - David, 61, & Marilyn Jondle, 58, murdered, Dallas, 31 Aug 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
This is tremendous tragedy. Many people move up from California and start new lives farming in the rolling green hills of Oregon. If I read between the lines, I see one thing....meth. My prayers go out to this couple's extended family, especially their surviving sons.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...illing_parents_at_family_farm_near_salem.html

Son accused of killing parents at family farm near Salem

"Neighbors of the couple implicated in the deaths of a Dallas [OR] couple say the pair had started living together a few months ago and that they picked fights with neighbors and threatened local children, this morning’s Statesman Journal reports.

Andrew Jondle, 20, and Cindy Lou Beck, 46, are being held this morning in the Polk County Jail in connection with the deaths of David S. Jondle, 61, and Marilyn R. Jondle, 58....."

and

"....The Jondles were found in their home at 16055 Gilliam Road early Tuesday. They owned Abundant Life Farm, about three miles from Dallas. This morning’s Statesman Journal reports police were called to the Jondle home by a person delivering water to the farm. Police told the newspaper that the weapon used in the attack was found at the home. The paper reports that the couple moved to the area from California in 2000 to farm...."

and

"....David Jondle, who went by Scott, was a software engineer before turning to farming for a livelihood. His wife, Marilyn, says she was a housewife who home-schooled the couple's three sons, all of whom are now grown. Andrew Jondle was their youngest son...."

more at link (including youtube video made by couple about their farm)

I bet you're right about meth. That 20 yo son looks about 35. His girlfriend looks like a mean grandmother, though she doesn't look like she's on meth. It's just horrifying that this nice couple would be killed by their own son and that their son would take such a destructive path in life.

Jondle is accused of aggravated murder. Beck, his girlfriend, faces accusations of hindering prosecution and conspiracy to commit aggravated murder. The pair was arrested Tuesday at their Salem apartment.

Neighbors of the younger Jondle and Beck said they'd called police multiple times in the past month.

(Neighbor David) Powell said Beck and Andrew Jondle showed up at his house asking for cigarettes about 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. Tuesday.

"She had her hood up, and he was shaking uncontrollably," Powell said.

Beck has felony convictions for theft in 1992 and criminal mistreatment in 2008, according to court records.

Meth sure is my top suspicion as well....

What the heck is this 46 y/o woman doing with a 20 y/o "young man"!

Rest in Peace

Horrific for this beautiful farming couple to have died at the hands of their own son. I really enjoyed watching the video...the animals were so well cared for and Scott and Marilyn appeared to be so very happy farming. Such a great loss of two precious lives.

The article stated that they found the weapon in the house...I shutter to think what the son used to murder them with.

Wonder if the motive for their murders was money...from the farm.

God Bless the Family & Friends as they grieve this heartbreaking loss of these wonderful individuals.

I don't believe in home schooling. The children don't get to socialize enough and imo lack street smarts. He was prey for that loser degenerate 46 year old.

What a horrible way to end your life, knowing that your own son was going to kill you. They appear to have been good people and did not deserve this in any way.

I don't believe in home schooling. The children don't get to socialize enough and imo lack street smarts. He was prey for that loser degenerate 46 year old.

Yes...that is my ONE problem with homeschooling. I think you are right...he was easy prey for woman..no street smarts and probably sheltered beyond belief by his well meaning parents. So sad....

Thanks fhc,
The video gave lots of information.

-Jondles are thought to have died before midnight Monday

-A person delivering water "He saw suspicious circumstances and saw a male in the garage"

-The Jondles found about 7:40 a.m. Appeared to have suffered "blunt-force trauma"

-weapon used in the killings was not a firearm

-Son:Andrew Jondle, 20 faces accusations of aggravated murder. LE states Jondle might have been involved in previous domestic disturbances involving family members but that those did not occur at the farm

-Girlfriend:Cindy Lou Beck, 46, faces an accusation of hindering prosecution.

-Beck has felony convictions for theft in 1992 and criminal mistreatment in 2008

-People living nearby described Andrew Jondle and Cindy Beck as trying to start fights with neighbors and threatening their children.

-Neighbors said they had called police because of Beck's behavior three or four times in the past month

-Beck and Andrew Jondle showed up at neighbors house asking for cigarettes about 1 a.m. or 2 a.m. Tuesday.

"She had her hood up, and he was shaking uncontrollably,"

While I'm not personally a proponent of home schooling, I would imagine that this young man had something cooking that was going to rear its ugly head no matter where he was educated.

This story is tragic on so many levels. This couple was living many people's dream. It is one played over and over throughout Oregon. I can't tell you how many people drop out of the rat race to raise sheep or chickens or to make cheese in Oregon. I'm sure that the loss of Scott and Marilyn will be felt deeply by their customers and circle of friends as many Oregonians are very involved in the "Slow Food Movement" and in organic and sustainable food. The food "shares" is a common one up here. I'm sure they were treasured for the way they treated their animals.

And my heart just breaks for their other two sons. I wonder if there were warning signs. I guess that's one of the reasons that I'm such a strong supporter of good public schools. Children with warning flags get lots of attention. Being home-schooled, his parents might have attempted to deal with issues on their own. Who knows how long they might have known that trouble was brewing.

I looked at the map as to where the Salem apartment is located. That's in a fairly depressed part of Salem. Sadly, meth is a huge problem in our State Capital.

OMG..I THOUGHT she was a man at first...

very sad story.... sigh...

its never gonna get better.. .. hasnt so far... :(

That's true. The kids that do get to socialize and hook up with some gang in school or beat the teacher down or start selling meth out of school are definately way better off with those streets smarts.

O.K. so why was the "girlfriend" and I use that term lightly trying to get her kids back from social services? The plan was to rob this poor family and kill them so she'd have the money to get her kids back? That's one bright bulb right there.

Prayers for this family and for that "girlfriends" children.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Son--girlfr...rents-found-murdered-in-Dallas-101922018.html

"Wolfe said that while Andrew Jondle allegedly stole from his parents, the incident didn't appear to be a robbery gone awry.

"All indications are that Andrew went there with the intention of killing his parents," Wolfe said."

and

"Tensions had arisen within the family when Andrew Jondle, 20, began dating Beck, Wolfe said.

"He had moved out a couple of months ago and started living with his girlfriend," Wolfe said. "He and the girlfriend established a relationship that the parents didn't approve of and that caused tension between the family and the son.

"That ended up ultimately leading to the situation.""

http://www.mycentraloregon.com/news...n-police-find-pipe-scythe-at-crime-scene.html

Good Lord! If I hadn't seen the name under the picture, I thought it was a man :eek:

And NO WAY does he look 20 years old! Any guesses on drugs being involved?

RIP, they looked like such a nice couple.

Sad, very sad. A couple who seemed to find the good life. What a shame this couldn't have been controlled.

"Wolfe said that while Andrew Jondle allegedly stole from his parents, the incident didn't appear to be a robbery gone awry.

"All indications are that Andrew went there with the intention of killing his parents," Wolfe said."

and

"Tensions had arisen within the family when Andrew Jondle, 20, began dating Beck, Wolfe said.

"He had moved out a couple of months ago and started living with his girlfriend," Wolfe said. "He and the girlfriend established a relationship that the parents didn't approve of and that caused tension between the family and the son.

"That ended up ultimately leading to the situation.""

http://www.mycentraloregon.com/news...n-police-find-pipe-scythe-at-crime-scene.html

That's pretty bad to have to approve of that horror girlfriend or die. The Jondles didn't have a chance once their son got involved with her. What in the world? Was she his drug dealer?

I normally don't comment on appearances, but wth!!??
What would a young man, who is only twenty be doing with that woman? I can only think of one thing that makes sense, drugs!

Prayers for the Jondle family

Authorities say this kid was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol when he bludgeoned to death his parents.

It was the desicion the Jundle's made not to give their son $500.00 for rent that was the catalyst for the murder. It was rage fueled said the police.

Meanwhile Cindy Lou Who there needed money to get her kids out of foster care.

How very, very sad.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/102007028.html

I have to say that the scariest thing I've read is that drugs were NOT involved. What hold did this woman have on this young man, then. I understand that relations were strained with the parents. Show me a 20 year old who doesn't have slightly strained relations with mom and dad. But a scythe and a pipe....to your parents with whom you've worked side by side? It doesn't strike me as a psychotic break or any sort of onset of mental illness. It strikes me as unleashed wicked anger.

It gives me pause and makes me want to check on all my adult kids.

I found the other sons and they seem like great guys. Maybe Andrew seemed fine too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back