Michael Douglas Hopes To Beat Cancer

This is so sad! I remember hearing the announcement and he seemed so positive, then last night he drops the ball that it is stage 4. Just WOW.

I have seen pictures of Micheal Douglas (one of my favorite actors) and he does not seem to be doing well in spite of reports that say otherswise. He look so gaunt and has lost so much wt. I hope he is not the next celebrity we lose. He has quite the body of work that follows him.

Prayers for Mike.

Goz

Goz, I saw his photos in the "rag mags" at the supermarket yesterday-if they are even moderately accurate, he is in tough shape although I was impressed to see him walking around.

Although their cancers are different, I remember being horrified at Patrick Swayze's pictures before he rebounded. Here is hoping Michael powers through and has a spectacular recovery!!!

Just an update. Saw Michael on TV, he looked so much better with the addition of even some wt. on his body. He was signing autographs in NYC. I'm amazed he is doing so well. He looked like he was going to pass away but now looks like he is on the way to a recovery. AMEN.

I think he has/ and is working on a new movie.

Keep it up Mike.
Stay well.

Anyone here see Solitary Man?

Goz

The jaw-dropping cause of Michael Douglas' cancer

Oscar-winning actor says his throat cancer wasn't caused by smoking or drinking

Published On: Jun 03 2013 11:09:59 AM EDT

Michael Douglas has made a jaw-dropping revelation about the cause of his throat cancer.

The Oscar-winning actor told The Guardian newspaper he didn't contract it from smoking or drinking, but from oral sex.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...cer/-/1718940/20400042/-/rtp53az/-/index.html

Aaaaaand some of the comments are quite well written!

Michael Douglas on STD Causing Cancer: Guardian Posts Audio, Insists It Got Story Right

Natalie Finn, eonline
11 hours ago

The audio is scratchy, but the Guardian insists it heard Michael Douglas loud and clear.

The U.K. newspaper has posted an audio snippet of its interview with Douglas in response to his rep saying that the paper misconstrued what the actor said about the type of throat cancer he successfully battled being caused by an STD contracted via oral sex.

Asked by writer Xan Brooks whether years of smoking and drinking had overloaded his system, perhaps contributing to his condition, Douglas was quoted as saying, "No. Because, without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV, which actually comes about from cunnilingus." ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130603/b425842/

I think "michael" should use his mouthpiece for what's it's used best for: acting. He isn't a Dr and can you imagine, does he mean his wife, CZJ? Could you imagine if he means she has this and it's her fault? No wonder she is always putting herself into the psych ward. When I heard this; it was one of the worst cases of putting medical info "out there" from a "star" I've ever heard. But really I wonder how his wife feels about his statement??!!

I once went into a bar and a man and woman were playing pool with the loser having to give the winner oral sex. My thought was, WOW!, a guy can't lose either way.:blushing:

I think "michael" should use his mouthpiece for what's it's used best for: acting. He isn't a Dr and can you imagine, does he mean his wife, CZJ? Could you imagine if he means she has this and it's her fault? No wonder she is always putting herself into the psych ward. When I heard this; it was one of the worst cases of putting medical info "out there" from a "star" I've ever heard. But really I wonder how his wife feels about his statement??!!

I recall that, back in the '60s, there used to be a lot of talk about the connection between STDs and mental illness. Never knew whether or not there was any truth to the notion, but I did chuckle when I read your post. ;)

Obama will be wanting to put a warning label on it next.

Um, actually, this is not new medical news. It has been known for a few years, but I don't think that is going to stop anyone, lol.

An article just posted:

The link between oral sex, HPV and cancer has been receiving more attention in recent years.

HPV is a virus that's transmitted through sexual contact -- genital or oral. There are more than 40 types, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and approximately 79 million Americans are currently infected. Most people have no symptoms.

more at link:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/03/health/hpv-oral-cancer-explainer/index.html

How utterly vulgar of this man to draw a connection between his disease and the mother of his children. They've been married for more than a decade, so if he got it that way, he got it from her. Ugh.

Obama will be wanting to put a warning label on it next.

Doubtful.

But I'll bet Ms. Bachmann will screech "toldja so! God hates oral sex! ".

Funny how this thread got all political, tuit suite!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back