Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Thanks Gina - I am glad I found this one. Very baffling indeed.

Was Tommy's ex ever looked at? Did anyone see the girls after they dropped his child off at her house? Jealeousy maybe? In those days I don't think they would be as quick to think a young woman capable of such a thing but as we all know stranger things have happened.

I thought jealousy too but taking all three people at once seems unusual.

I wonder if they still have the letter that was mailed or the envelope in particular. If the stamp on it was the licking kind maybe they could DNA test it?

Another possible clue from the letter. It says "sic" which is substitute in correction after "Sear's" on the letter's description:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html
    I take it the author could not spell Sear's correctly. Most people can spell that one, I wonder if it was someone who always spelled it wrong.

I came across some info pertaining to this case...

As reported in the Galveston Daily News, March 28 1981, Brazoria County sheriff's dep't investigators, along with Ft. Worth police, were searching a swamp near the town of Alvin for human remains. In 1976, an oil rig worker discovered two skulls and a jaw in the area. But, due to what was termed a "bad search", nothing else was recovered at the time. Due to the election of a new sheriff, several cases were being given a second look. LE believed that the skulls may have had something to do with the disappearance of Trlica, Wilson, and Mosely.

During the search on the 28th, human teeth, vertebrae, two pair of girls' pants and a high school drama book were recovered. The remains were sent to the coroner for dental comparison.

On April 5th, 1981, it was reported that the remains belonged to two girls who had disappeared in 1974 from nearby Dickinson, Texas. Georgia Geer, 14, and Brooks Bracewell, 12, had disappeared without a trace in September while on their way to their school bus stop.

The articles then went on to discuss the possibility that 40 other girls had gone missing and been murdered in the area of Brazoria County and the surrounding counties. By the mid-70's, the bodies of 21 girls who had been reported missing in 1971 and 1972 had been found. In 1974 and 1975, an additional 17 were reported missing. Police had developed a (unnamed) suspect in 1971, who was subsequently killed by police in 1972.

The "official" LE story was that there was nothing substantial to link the cases. Unofficially, detectives were reported to say that there had to be something to it...The girls ranged in age from 12 to 21, most being 14 or 15. Almost all shared the same general physical features; thin builds, long, straight light to medium brown hair parted in the middle.
    Almost all were found in or very close to water.

Other articles, dated as late as 2002, compiled missing/recovered/unidentifed victim reports from the area. One report stated that since 1971, 21 girls and women had gone missing along the I-45 corridor through the area, and the LE had recovered the remains of 14. This number includes those found in the Calder Rd "killing field", as discussed in another thread here.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel For This Useful Post:

40 girls missing or murdered around one county in a five year period ...and LE sees nothing substantial linking the cases.
    What utter idiocy.
    I cant imagine how this became a twenty odd year old cold case.

Alvin and Ft Worth are almost 300 miles apart

Quote Originally Posted by mkath59 View Post
    Alvin and Ft Worth are almost 300 miles apart
    True...And yet the Ft Worth PD felt there was enough of a possiblity that all the disappearances were related that they sent their officers to Alvin to assist in the search.

Doesn't make sense

Teen agers running away don't take a nine year old along. They don't leave their running car behind, and they dont spend their available cash on Christmas gifts to leave locked in the trunk of the car they aren't taking. It doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Kimberly1; 08-04-2008 at 12:58 PM.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Bumping.

I wonder if Tommy still has the letter and original envelope. If the envelope was sealed then most likely whoever sent the letter licked the envelope glue to seal it. There is the remote possibility their DNA is still there.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Bumping.

I wonder if Tommy still has the letter and original envelope. If the envelope was sealed then most likely whoever sent the letter licked the envelope glue to seal it. There is the remote possibility their DNA is still there.
    I was thinking the same thing -- it stated the envelope was sealed on the wedsite.

I was thinking, if they are mentioning in this letter that the car is on the upper deck - why would they go anywhere in a car with someone they actually knew??? Wouldn't they just meet them at a mall if it was a casual get together???? The only possibility I can think of is someone they knew came to the mall, claimed an emergency at home and was luring them into a trap. Other than that, maybe they were abducted outside their car on the way out of the mall -- otherwise, it would be strange to get three girls outside of the mall.

Does anyone else find it extremely frusturating that there's not more information/reading on this case? Missingtrio.com is a good read, but that's about all I've ever been able to find.

Quote Originally Posted by pie View Post
    It appears to be a part of a "make your own adventure" online game, where the players write the story as they go along. It seems as though someone used Rachel's name as their unsername...Classy.

WEIRD

Could someone email the owner of the site to find out profile info on this person? Not sure how all of this works...I am normally a lurker.

http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/~gav/way...e/welcome.html

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast