TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma l

Reaction score
This case is fascinating to me. I would love peoples thoughts on what on earth is going on..........I hope it hasn't already been posted! if it has please just ignore me.

Basic story- 3 girls, one 9 years old (Tracey Ann Moseley) doe link 59DFTX - Julie Ann Moseley

Rachel Trilica (17 years old) Doe link 57DFTX - Mary Rachel Trlica

and Lisa Renne Wilson (14 years old) Doe link 58DFTX - Lisa Renee Wilson

Went to the mall in Fort Worth, December 1974 and never came back..............

Read the links for more info but a letter was received some time after from Rachel stating they were "getting away for a while" and would be back in a week. They never re-appeared.

This would be fairly straight forward missing persons case but Rachel's brother states that
Snip........
"............. several "credible witnesses" say they've spotted Rachel since the disappearance. "One was in 1998 around Christmas," he says.
Rusty and James believe that Rachel visits Fort Worth during the Christmas season each year. James is careful with his words, but he maintains that someone is "shrouding and manufacturing evidence" in what he says was at first an effort to keep the two older girls away. Now he thinks only Rachel survives. He is evasive about what he thinks happened or who he believes can be held accountable.
"I believe that that person facilitates and maintains an effort to keep Rachel Arnold [Trlica] away from Fort Worth. I believe that Renee Wilson is not alive. . . . I believe that something dreadfully wrong, and probably a fatality, occurred involving Julie Ann Moseley," he says"
Snip..................
This is from the website he's set up- and he's announced he's hired a private investigator and a personal $25,000 reward Here's the link to his site.................... MissingTrio.Com - Dedicated to Three Fort Worth Girls Missing since 1974

It infers on the website that Rachel's sister knows what happened. Actually its a v good site. Anyway I'd be interested to hear what you all think........ What could keep a grown woman (as she now would be) away from her home and family? Is her brother suggesting she is being held captive? V confusing and haunting. It would be great to shed some light onto this for their families.

I'm in the UK, so I probably won't pick up your replies till the morning.

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of November 14, 2022>

JMoseley.jpg
MTrlica.jpg
LWilson.jpg

Julie Ann Moseley - left
Mary Rachel Trlica - center
Lisa Renee Wilson - right

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma,
OMG! What a fascinating case!! Its also quite curious how the youngest missing girl's (Tracey) older sister Debra was involved with Rachael's husband AND was with him when the letter arrived (and why won't Debra take a polygraph like the families asked her too?).

I know theres unfortunately so many tragic missing cases but this seems to have alot of elements that seem tailor made for media and Im surprised it hasnt gotten more coverage.

Thank you for sharing this Emma! I know Im now "hooked" on this case too!

Hi Messiecake!

Thanks for posting.......it is weird that this hasn't gotten more media coverage.... the private investigator says that he received anonymous death threats when he tried to create more publicity.......V weird. I also noticed that on the Doe website it states that Rachel's brother (James?) believes that Rachel and Lisa are still alive. Yet on the brothers website it now states that he believes only Rachel survives.........I wonder if Doe made a mistake or whether James believes that Lisa died recently? What does he think she died of I wonder? I've half a mind to mail him through his site and invite him to post.........Bit nervous though!

The letter that Rachel's husband received shortly after their disappearance can only mean 1 of 2 things as far as I'm concerned:
1) It really was sent by Rachel and they decided to dissapear(They then stayed away or met with foul play)

Or

2) The letter is fake and someone who Rachel knew is responsible for their disappearance.

Apparently the handwriting tests were inconclusive..............

Theres no other possible explanations. I don't know of many multiple murderers who go around copying their victims handwriting and sending letters to their victims families to cover their tracks! By definition they're mad and don't care about the victims as "people" at all. It has to be someone they knew- this is the most likely explanation.

What's most interesting is that James believes Rachel is being kept away now. I've been thinking about this and I wonder if he believes that the person responsible has manufactured evidence AGAINST Rachel? This would make sense.Of course the lack of a polygraph test is v v interesting,but not conclusive.

Then again Sherlock Holmes said something like "When you discount the perpostorous and the ridiculous, you are left with the obvious.......and this can be the only explantion"!

Am hooked on the case! Let me know if you come up with anything. Would love to think that at least one of the missing girls is still alive.

Emma,
I think contacting him is a great idea! Im not sure just how much info he'd be willing to share(if any) but at worst he could just decline-nothing ventured,nothing gained!! If anything I think he'd welcome the oppertunity to get attention for this case.

In my unprofessional opinion it seems Rachael is indeed the crux of this mystery as it was(supposedly) only her who has since made contact and I think she had some familarity with the person(s) who led the girls away from the mall as the varying ages of the girls (as well as the fact there were 3 of them) would rule out a random abduction
I wonder who invited Tracey(the youngest girl)? I think whoever planned this did not figure on her being there with Rachael.

Rachael is curious herself as she was married and only 17.Although I was married quite young myself I find this interesting and usually an indicator of having led a hard life esp.since she was married to an older divorced man .I wonder if drugs were ever involved?
Has he been polygraphed or questioned ?
Did he and Debra resume their relationship after Rachael "dissapeared"?

James has reason to belive Rachael is alive,why?

We have to try and invite him to the site! This case is a nail-biter!!!

Messiecake, I think you're def right about whoever did this not counting on the youngest girl (Tracey) being there. But presuming that the relatives knew that she was, if they were involved, why still go ahead with it?

I would def rule out a random abduction. I would guess that it would take more than one man to abduct 3 girls- one of whom was married and so we can assume reasonably street-smart. Also abducters usually go for easy targets- 3 girls , 2 almost adult, are not east targets to abduct from a busy shopping mall. This would mean that they'd have to have accidentally come across a group of men, (or women!) who wanted to abduct both a child and 2 older girls for (presumably) illicit purposes.......it doesn't make any sense...........And of course theres the letter. This virtually rules out a random abduction.

Debra was quite dismissive of her relationship with Rachels husband, but these things have a tendancy to be blown out of all proportion when you're young, so its not impossible that it is somehow related.............

I think that the brother knows more than is on his website and he's waiting for someone to speak up and confirm his suspicions........I feel for Rachel,if she is in fact still alive, whatever hapenned, it would be almost impossible for her to come back now.........Unless she was a totally innocent victim and I get the feeling from what I've read that this might be not be the case.............I wonder if her brother has actually spoken to her? Its not impossible.

I think I'm going to brave it and invite the brother here sometime this week. I'll let you know how I get on!

I always had an interest in this case, but never saw the brothers website! thanks for posting it.

One of the things I have noticed - when a child dies or disappears, family seem to need to have someone to blame - to be angry with, and i wonder if thats not whats happening here.

BethInAK said:
I always had an interest in this case, but never saw the brothers website! thanks for posting it.

One of the things I have noticed - when a child dies or disappears, family seem to need to have someone to blame - to be angry with, and i wonder if thats not whats happening here.

I agree with you in theory but in this case it seems clear at least one of the girls knew their abductor due to the evidence of the letter.

I am totally hooked on this case! If her brother does register here I wonder if we could get this on a "Case of the Month"??

This is a very interesting case indeed. I'd love to be able to talk to someone involved. Hard to believe the 17 year old was married!!! Please do try to get someone to register here and talk to us.

messiecake said:
I agree with you in theory but in this case it seems clear at least one of the girls knew their abductor due to the evidence of the letter.

you have a point. could the letter be some prank?

I sent an e-mail to the two e-mail address on the website maybe we will hear from them soon. I remember this case from when I was a kid and overheard parents talking and stuff. We use to go to Denton Texas to visit relatives and was there during this time. I have not heard a word over the years so it is strange that there was never any media. I wonder why?

Katkat19691,
I'd also sent an email to them so hopefully they should get back to us. I did notice though that the last update on the site was 2002...........I wonder whats going on?

Emma, I got a reply to my e-mail from Rusty. He said he could not post here but gave me a phone number to call him if I wanted to talk to him. Did you get a similar reply? Have any ideas on what questions I should ask him. Let me know and I will call him.

Kat

I called the number he e-mailed me and I got voice mail. It was strange because I got a second e-mail from him asking me to call now, and I did but only got voice mail wonder why he did not answer. I left my number so maybe he will call me back.
I don't know what all he will let me post but I will post as much as I can. I will respect what he wants to have out here, and what he does not, so I hope he is willing to give more details for us. There does not seem to be any details at all. I have searched and other than the websites already listed above I have found nothing. Did anyone find anything else that might be helpful or give us more clues.

I too think it is strange that the sister will not take lie detector and the relationship she had with her sisters husband. Also, the death threats and the first pi destroying all his files what is up with that? There has to be a lot more to this story. Stay tuned.

Will keep ya posted!

Kat

Hey kitkat19691,
Sorry my computers been down, so I couldnt post. Its weird that he would rather you rang him than he posted here, maybe he hasn't the time.
I've Private Messaged you anyway..............Not sure if I'd have the guts to actually ring him.Let me know how it goes!

KATKAT19691 said:
I sent an e-mail to the two e-mail address on the website maybe we will hear from them soon. I remember this case from when I was a kid and overheard parents talking and stuff. We use to go to Denton Texas to visit relatives and was there during this time. I have not heard a word over the years so it is strange that there was never any media. I wonder why?

Kat, its not that unusual for back then. My sister disappeared in 1984 and there were only about a dozen newspaper articles in total. There was no internet then, no CSI, no television shows like America's Most Wanted and no instant news like there is now. There were no victim's rights or psychological counsellors that they send to your house. And there was definately no "how to" kit to tell you how to deal with the media, the "psychics," or all the freaks calling in "helpful tips."

Hi there,

I have read about this case before and I too find it interesting as well as puzzling that nothing was ever solved.

Just wanted to comment on a couple of things that have been previously written. The youngest girl's name is Julie (9 yr. old), not Tracey. There are a couple of posts where you did say Julie but then went back to using Tracey repeatedly. I was just wondering whether you read that somewhere or were just getting a name mixed up? There is no person named Tracey that I've ever read of being involved in this case. I believe the oldest two were the only ones that went by a name other than their first name, Lise Renee Wilson and Mary Rachel Trlica both went by their middle names (Renee and Rachel, of course). Not a major deal but I just wanted to mention that about the youngest one's name.

Something else that I've read and just wanted to clear up, is the part about Debra being the sister of the youngest girl and that she had an affair with Rachel's husband. Debra is actually Rachel's (the oldest girl) sister. She had dated Rachel's husband *before* the two of them got married and there was speculation about them having an affair during Rachel's marriage. Debra was living in the house with Rachel and the husband at the time which also made the situation more awkward. So, I'm not sure but maybe you are getting that situation mixed up with the fact that the youngest girl's (Julie's) *brother* was dating *Renee* (the middle aged girl, if you will).

That leads me to how Julie ended up going on the mall-outing. Renee was visiting her grandmother who lived across from Julie's family and they were friendly with each other because Julie's older brother was dating Renee. Basically it was just that Julie, as many young kids her age do, was hanging out with the cool older kids (brother's girlfriend) and when Renee's friend (Rachel) came over to take her to the mall Julie wanted to tag along. She was just pretty much an innocent victim and if this was pre-planned she was probably not expected to be there, you are right about that. All of this information is available on the missing trio website that you've already cited but I just wanted to clear up the discrepencies in the re-telling of the story for public informational purposes. :cool:

Messiecake, I haven't heard anything on Rusty I'm afraid. I have emailed him but didnt get a reply. Kat emailed him and he replied and asked her to call- which she did, but no answer as yet.

Lillyrush, thats interesting- the youngest girls name IS Julie but I read several times that it was Tracey. What a weird mistake. I (typically) can't find any of the links now. Isn't that weird though?
I was aware of that Debra dated Rachels husband BEFORE they were together- maybe that didn't come across clearly..........

Anyway, thanks for the corrections. :D

Emma,

I too read it written as both Julie and Tracey but it hardly matters as I think we all know what it was we were saying ...............oh well.

I hope Kat hears SOMETHING!

The link that is provided in the first post leads to a site that calls her Julie and show her aged photos. I think I have read a few that calls her Tracey also, so don't feel bad. I have never been able to actually speak with Rusty, he tried to call me a few times while I was at work, and I tried him but only got voice mail so no luck. Will let ya'll know if I ever get to speak with him.
Kat
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads