631 users online (63 members and 568 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking Screwed Until The Very End

More than ever perhaps :

Space is at a premium.
    Time is at a premium.
    Cash is at a premium.

Hence the need for the -

Easy Inter Burial Container

For which a new US patent was granted yesterday.

This invention relates to conserving land area and easy to install burial containers which can be pressed, agitated, screwed, self bored or by other means set into earth or other receiving materials and do not require a large amount of land area or a large pre-dug rectangular hole with subsequent refilling after the placement of the burial container.

The screw-into-the-ground casket will use only one third of the normal space required and ' bores its own final hole ' with assitance either by hand :

or, even more rapidly, with a specially adapted tractor backhoe.

Full details of US pat. 7,631,404 here
    Previous patent app. with drawings here

note :
    The EIBC will normally be made of metal - but will also be available in clear plastic : " A clear plastic Easy Inter Burial Container, where the body is additionally encased in clear resin and is standing erect for all to view during installation, creates a very impressive image. "

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

young engineer's dream from Purdue?
    Just My Opinion

I first thought this was a joke..........I'd rather be cremated than screwed.........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I shouldn't laugh but I just got a very vivid mental picture of a "A clear plastic Easy Inter Burial Container" being screwed into the group with a machine. I really don't see how a family would want to see their loved spinning into the ground. Maybe it would be great if the deceased was really into amusement park rides?

I was trying to imagine ''gee a casket with a view'' (below ground yikes what a view)
    Just My Opinion

IDK, it's not a horrible idea. As graveyards become more and more crowded, with less available land, these might be a good way to save space.

Quote Originally Posted by nephers View Post
    I shouldn't laugh but I just got a very vivid mental picture of a "A clear plastic Easy Inter Burial Container" being screwed into the group with a machine. I really don't see how a family would want to see their loved spinning into the ground. Maybe it would be great if the deceased was really into amusement park rides?
    No kidding, what a final image of your loved one! Jewelry and ties and hair flying around! What if their belt popped off and their pants fell down as they were spinning into the ground????

I'm not sure it would be much better if you were turning them by hand into the ground, having to watch them turn right in front of you every time it went around? "Bye dad, bye again dad, bye AGAIN dad...." Geez.

Somewhere it talked about mourners either taking turns with the hand crank, or taking turns using the tractor, with everyone getting a chance to bury the person. WTHeck?

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    IDK, it's not a horrible idea. As graveyards become more and more crowded, with less available land, these might be a good way to save space.
    With a few adjustments, you could bury a regular casket vertically, you wouldn't have to turn a loved one, or yourself, into a huge screw to achieve the same goal, I don't think.

Then again, there are some politicians I'd like to see buried this way, seems appropriate.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I can't believe DK got to this before Steely.

My poor departed xhubby would have loved this idea. As it was he wanted to be cremated and his ashes put down a flagpole in Washington DC. Why I have no clue. As it ended up since we were divorced they threw him in a box and buried him.
    Every once in awhile I go up to the cemetery and there they are, the entire family I had was once married into. They all died, kids, parents, sister, brother in law, grandparents and great grand parents. One child left living. And of course me. They take up so much room, the better part of a whole row. Nobody cares anymore, theres nobody left. It all just seems so senseless now.
    We need a new method.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    With a few adjustments, you could bury a regular casket vertically, you wouldn't have to turn a loved one, or yourself, into a huge screw to achieve the same goal, I don't think.

Then again, there are some politicians I'd like to see buried this way, seems appropriate.
    True. I wasn't commenting on the screw part, just the vertical part. Though, I guess the screw method is expedient.

Personally, I am waiting for the "frozen in carbonite" form of burial.

Just what we need, more plastic cluttering up the planet.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

In the patent images, there is one with the burials in a pond with a duck or a fish or a cross as the monument marker. Hmmmm.

Seems a bit reminiscent of the old days (before my time, thank heaven) when each mourner at the gravesite tossed in a handful of dirt on top of the casket.

(quote)
    Somewhere it talked about mourners either taking turns with the hand crank, or taking turns using the tractor, with everyone getting a chance to bury the person.

Yep, they could give you three choices:
    Crack.
    Get Cranky
    Get Cranked (like drunk)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast