Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Please continue here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50105"]Thread 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50467"]Thread 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55071"]Thread 3[/ame]
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Thanks for starting a new thread, Cubby.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truthful Lies For This Useful Post:

I must say they responded looking for KK as the tipster knew something. What did this person know now that they hadn't 3 years ago?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
    I must say they responded looking for KK as the tipster knew something. What did this person know now that they hadn't 3 years ago?
    I would like to know that too
    [/I]

Bumping for Kara..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to *Jessica* For This Useful Post:

Thinking of you Kara and praying that someone comes forward and that this case breaks wide open..I'm sure there is a clue out there somewhere that we have just overlooked somehow..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Jessica* For This Useful Post:

CNN reports that Kara was being stalked by her ex-boyfriend. He had also previously abducted her, but the family dropped the charges in the hope that he would co-operate with the police.

LE did not want the family to release this information, but after three years of no results, the family wants help from the public.

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_eFXrf5-i3QwjoIeJH

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Brains & NoBull For This Useful Post:

From that same CNN article:

"Kara's parents say the ex-boyfriend showed up at Popeye's on April 28, 2007 and was kicked out of the restaurant by a supervisor. But he came back as Kara got off work at 10:30 p.m., parking his truck around the corner and waiting, according to the Beckfords and court documents.

When Kara left work, they say, he grabbed her and dragged her into his truck. A friend called Kara's cell phone and she answered, saying her former boyfriend had abducted her. Soon afterwards, he pulled off the interstate into a parking lot and Kara jumped out of the moving vehicle to safety. He drove off, leaving her behind."

I can't imagine her family's frustration.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/...sky/index.html

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

Cold Case: Missing Teen had Accused Ex of Stalking

A surveillance video shows 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky walking out of her high school on May 4, 2007, before classes let out.

She was having a bad day. She'd forgotten one of her textbooks, and that morning she called home and asked her mother to drop it off at the school office. She also asked her mother to wash her uniform so she could work the 4 p.m. shift at Popeye's Chicken.

A bad day got worse when Kara had an argument with one of her teachers in class, according to police and her family. Frustrated, she left campus about 10:30 a.m., ditching school for the rest of the day.

When Kara didn't come home from school as usual, her family -- mother Rhonda, stepfather Jim and stepbrother Thomas -- grew worried. They filed a missing persons report later that afternoon. Police told them they believed Kara was a runaway, and that she'd come back on her own in a few days.

More than three years later, no one can say what happened to the high school junior from Belton, Missouri.

More: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...177774&catid=6
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I think I heard on local news, Fox4KC, that Kara will be featured on a Cold Case episode of Nancy Grace Thursday or Friday. I apologize for not having a link as of yet, and didn't hear the whole report.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treeseeker For This Useful Post:

BELTON, Mo. -- A surveillance video shows 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky walking out of her high school on May 4, 2007, before classes let out.

She was having a bad day. She'd forgotten one of her textbooks, and that morning she called home and asked her mother to drop it off at the school office. She also asked her mother to wash her uniform so she could work the 4 p.m. shift at Popeye's Chicken.

A bad day got worse when Kara had an argument with one of her teachers in class, according to police and her family. Frustrated, she left campus about 10:30 a.m., ditching school for the rest of the day.

When Kara didn't come home from school as usual, her family -- mother Rhonda, stepfather Jim and stepbrother Thomas -- grew worried. They filed a missing persons report later that afternoon. Police told them they believed Kara was a runaway, and that she'd come back on her own in a few days.

More than three years later, no one can say what happened to the high school junior from Belton, Missouri.

<modsnip>

<mod add:> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...177774&catid=6
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 11-25-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: copyright violation + no link

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

Kara Kopetsky

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...70/detail.html
    PHOTO AT LINK

Both photos shown are of Kara. She was last seen on May 4, 2007. Kara's ears are pierced twice. Her navel is pierced. Kara has a scar on her forehead. When she was last seen she was wearing a white tank top and jeans.

DOB: Feb 17, 1990
    Missing: May 4, 2007
    Age at time of disappearance: 17
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Hazel
    Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
    Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
    Missing From:
    BELTON
    MO
    United States

Belton Police Department (Missouri) 1-816-331-1500

Print a poster: http://www.projectjason.org/aan/AAN_KaraKoptesky.pdf

Parents Of Missing Belton Teen Ask For Help
    Kara Kopetsky Disappeared On May 4

POSTED: 10:17 pm CDT May 14, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:40 pm CDT May 14, 2007

BELTON, Mo. -- The parents of a missing teenager are asking for help finding their daughter.

Kara Kopetsky, 17, disappeared on May 4. Her mother, Rhonda Beckford, said nothing seemed to be wrong the day she vanished.

"Everything was fine. I mean, she told me she loved me before she left, gave me a hug and kiss. Said, 'See you after school,'" Beckford told KMBC's Marcus Moore.

When Kopetsky didn't return home later that day, calls to her cell phone went unanswered.

<modsnip>

Denise:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18631816/

Missing teen had restraining order against ex-boyfriend

May 12

BELTON, Mo. - Court documents reveal accusations of kidnapping and a restraining order against the ex-boyfriend of a missing Belton teen. "The cops have already done a lie-detector test and, if you want, ask them about that record," says 18-year-old Kylr Yust, the missing girl's ex-boyfriend.

Police confirm he did pass a lie-detector test in connection with Kara Kopetsky's disappearance and say he has an alibi. He was not in Belton when the 17-year-old disappeared.

Police say he has cooperated throughout the investigation.

<modsnip>
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 11-25-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: copyright violations. only 10% of article + link please

23. The Following User Says Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

"Kara did come home from school that day and did not show up for work that afternoon."

Now we have to look into and revisit another element, is if the Belton LE is covering up? If so, then obviously the ex bf becomes a suspect again. They were asking the family to be quiet and not to have outside organizations involved.

I think a lot of questions would be answered if an outside agency with an experienced poly graph examiner had the ex bf retake the lie detector test.

Edwin Hall and any relatives I believe should not be in the discussion of potential suspects. There is just no factual evidence that would suggest such a thing.

I believe either Kara ran away with another man or if she was murdered LE is most definitely covering up. There is just too much evidence out there not to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

I read elsewhere that the boyfriend had passed a lie detector test...did anyone else see that?
    Just my opinion, of course.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Disappeared on ID Discovery is going to be profiling Kara's disappearence this coming Monday 12/27/10 at 10pm EST.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Disappeared on ID Discovery is going to be profiling Kara's disappearence this coming Monday 12/27/10 at 10pm EST.
    thank you so much for posting, we had seen the preview for the show yet weren't sure when it was to air

the only other reason i can think of that police would tell her family not to mention the earlier exbf stalking incident is so that the public isn't swayed and tunnel visioned onto her exbf when there can be other suspects out there. other than that, does kylr have a family with money, into local politics, relatives in police?
    the police asking the family to drop the abduction charges against kylr make no sense to me. there's no strategy in that kylr would be more willing to talk had the criminal charges been dropped.
    if anything, LE could use his charges to get him to talk and threaten worse charges had he not talked/bargain with him if he had current charges then.

the police have no excuse to their irrational thinking that he wouldn't talk had he been charged. it's unheard of, an inexcusable.

has the fbi ever been brought in on this one? there's no evidence present that kara was planning on running away, her personal belongings at home, debit card left in her locker at school, cell phone left behind. everything points to foul play, certainly an abusive exboyfriend should have been looked at very closely, regardless of whether or not he passed a polygraph.
    kylr seems to have a very obsessive violent personality. does anyone know what exactly was his alibi for when kara went missing?

polygraphs aren't reliable, there's ways to pass them, even if one isn't a sociopath.

You know, I've also been thinking for a while, however I wonder if anyone has done a sex offender registry search and if Belton PE has looked into some of these people. Or even yet if that sketch of the man that was allegedly seen with Kara in Louisburg, would turn up any results?

There are quite a few sexual deviants that have a fondness for girls under 18 just in Belton alone.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

Kara's story is on Nancy Grace today.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Reminder! Kara's story will be profiled on ID Discovery's show Disappeared tonight (Monday) at 10PM EST. They tend to replay the shows again a couple hours later if you miss the first airing.
    Last edited by gaia227; 12-27-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: change reply to replay
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

just watched kara's story on ID's "Disappeared". . .
    i remember when i first saw kara's picture on my local walmart's "missing people" wall the first week she went missing. from time to time, i kept checking online to see if she was found or there was a tip or sighting of her.
    now, it's been nearly 3 years and there hasn't been any good news. her case keeps me worrying and wishing she would come home one day. i really hope she would be found safe soon.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to glace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bykerladi View Post
    Kara's story is on Nancy Grace today.
    thank you, i had missed the nancy grace show and was wondering is she has repeats? i caught the I.D. channel one though.
    imo, it's very shady that the police asked her parents to drop charges against karas abusive exbf, there's no strategy in that!
    kylr should be looked at as a suspect, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    thank you, i had missed the nancy grace show and was wondering is she has repeats? i caught the I.D. channel one though.
    imo, it's very shady that the police asked her parents to drop charges against karas abusive exbf, there's no strategy in that!
    kylr should be looked at as a suspect, imo.
    Yes, but only by another outside organization outside the Belton LE. He would only be a suspect if there was a massive coverup, otherwise he did pass the polygraph and did have an alibi.

Was there any new information released from the show that nobody was award of? Sorry I missed this, apparently don't get the channel.

the new information i got was that there was a sighting of kara in louisburg, kansas at a GROCERY store WORKING there. turns out, it was not her but someone who looked like her. this tells me that the other sighting at louisburg's burger king with the young male was not actually kara. they said that composite of the young male that was sighted there looked like the girl (who looked similar to kara)'s male friend also.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to glace For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast