MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say they responded looking for KK as the tipster knew something. What did this person know now that they hadn't 3 years ago?

Thinking of you Kara and praying that someone comes forward and that this case breaks wide open..I'm sure there is a clue out there somewhere that we have just overlooked somehow..

CNN reports that Kara was being stalked by her ex-boyfriend. He had also previously abducted her, but the family dropped the charges in the hope that he would co-operate with the police.

LE did not want the family to release this information, but after three years of no results, the family wants help from the public.

http://m.cnn.com/primary/_eFXrf5-i3QwjoIeJH

From that same CNN article:

"Kara's parents say the ex-boyfriend showed up at Popeye's on April 28, 2007 and was kicked out of the restaurant by a supervisor. But he came back as Kara got off work at 10:30 p.m., parking his truck around the corner and waiting, according to the Beckfords and court documents.

When Kara left work, they say, he grabbed her and dragged her into his truck. A friend called Kara's cell phone and she answered, saying her former boyfriend had abducted her. Soon afterwards, he pulled off the interstate into a parking lot and Kara jumped out of the moving vehicle to safety. He drove off, leaving her behind."

I can't imagine her family's frustration.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/grace.coldcase.kopetsky/index.html

Cold Case: Missing Teen had Accused Ex of Stalking

A surveillance video shows 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky walking out of her high school on May 4, 2007, before classes let out.

She was having a bad day. She'd forgotten one of her textbooks, and that morning she called home and asked her mother to drop it off at the school office. She also asked her mother to wash her uniform so she could work the 4 p.m. shift at Popeye's Chicken.

A bad day got worse when Kara had an argument with one of her teachers in class, according to police and her family. Frustrated, she left campus about 10:30 a.m., ditching school for the rest of the day.

When Kara didn't come home from school as usual, her family -- mother Rhonda, stepfather Jim and stepbrother Thomas -- grew worried. They filed a missing persons report later that afternoon. Police told them they believed Kara was a runaway, and that she'd come back on her own in a few days.

More than three years later, no one can say what happened to the high school junior from Belton, Missouri.

More: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=177774&catid=6

I think I heard on local news, Fox4KC, that Kara will be featured on a Cold Case episode of Nancy Grace Thursday or Friday. I apologize for not having a link as of yet, and didn't hear the whole report.

BELTON, Mo. -- A surveillance video shows 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky walking out of her high school on May 4, 2007, before classes let out.

She was having a bad day. She'd forgotten one of her textbooks, and that morning she called home and asked her mother to drop it off at the school office. She also asked her mother to wash her uniform so she could work the 4 p.m. shift at Popeye's Chicken.

A bad day got worse when Kara had an argument with one of her teachers in class, according to police and her family. Frustrated, she left campus about 10:30 a.m., ditching school for the rest of the day.

When Kara didn't come home from school as usual, her family -- mother Rhonda, stepfather Jim and stepbrother Thomas -- grew worried. They filed a missing persons report later that afternoon. Police told them they believed Kara was a runaway, and that she'd come back on her own in a few days.

More than three years later, no one can say what happened to the high school junior from Belton, Missouri.

<modsnip>

<mod add:> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=177774&catid=6

Kara Kopetsky

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/1...870/detail.html
PHOTO AT LINK

Both photos shown are of Kara. She was last seen on May 4, 2007. Kara's ears are pierced twice. Her navel is pierced. Kara has a scar on her forehead. When she was last seen she was wearing a white tank top and jeans.

DOB: Feb 17, 1990
Missing: May 4, 2007
Age at time of disappearance: 17
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing From:
BELTON
MO
United States

Belton Police Department (Missouri) 1-816-331-1500

Print a poster: http://www.projectjason.org/aan/AAN_KaraKoptesky.pdf

Parents Of Missing Belton Teen Ask For Help
Kara Kopetsky Disappeared On May 4

POSTED: 10:17 pm CDT May 14, 2007
UPDATED: 10:40 pm CDT May 14, 2007

BELTON, Mo. -- The parents of a missing teenager are asking for help finding their daughter.

Kara Kopetsky, 17, disappeared on May 4. Her mother, Rhonda Beckford, said nothing seemed to be wrong the day she vanished.

"Everything was fine. I mean, she told me she loved me before she left, gave me a hug and kiss. Said, 'See you after school,'" Beckford told KMBC's Marcus Moore.

When Kopetsky didn't return home later that day, calls to her cell phone went unanswered.

<modsnip>

Denise:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18631816/

Missing teen had restraining order against ex-boyfriend

May 12

BELTON, Mo. - Court documents reveal accusations of kidnapping and a restraining order against the ex-boyfriend of a missing Belton teen. "The cops have already done a lie-detector test and, if you want, ask them about that record," says 18-year-old Kylr Yust, the missing girl's ex-boyfriend.

Police confirm he did pass a lie-detector test in connection with Kara Kopetsky's disappearance and say he has an alibi. He was not in Belton when the 17-year-old disappeared.

Police say he has cooperated throughout the investigation.

<modsnip>

"Kara did come home from school that day and did not show up for work that afternoon."

Now we have to look into and revisit another element, is if the Belton LE is covering up? If so, then obviously the ex bf becomes a suspect again. They were asking the family to be quiet and not to have outside organizations involved.

I think a lot of questions would be answered if an outside agency with an experienced poly graph examiner had the ex bf retake the lie detector test.

Edwin Hall and any relatives I believe should not be in the discussion of potential suspects. There is just no factual evidence that would suggest such a thing.

I believe either Kara ran away with another man or if she was murdered LE is most definitely covering up. There is just too much evidence out there not to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I read elsewhere that the boyfriend had passed a lie detector test...did anyone else see that?

Disappeared on ID Discovery is going to be profiling Kara's disappearence this coming Monday 12/27/10 at 10pm EST.

Disappeared on ID Discovery is going to be profiling Kara's disappearence this coming Monday 12/27/10 at 10pm EST.

thank you so much for posting, we had seen the preview for the show yet weren't sure when it was to air

the only other reason i can think of that police would tell her family not to mention the earlier exbf stalking incident is so that the public isn't swayed and tunnel visioned onto her exbf when there can be other suspects out there. other than that, does kylr have a family with money, into local politics, relatives in police?
the police asking the family to drop the abduction charges against kylr make no sense to me. there's no strategy in that kylr would be more willing to talk had the criminal charges been dropped.
if anything, LE could use his charges to get him to talk and threaten worse charges had he not talked/bargain with him if he had current charges then.

the police have no excuse to their irrational thinking that he wouldn't talk had he been charged. it's unheard of, an inexcusable.

has the fbi ever been brought in on this one? there's no evidence present that kara was planning on running away, her personal belongings at home, debit card left in her locker at school, cell phone left behind. everything points to foul play, certainly an abusive exboyfriend should have been looked at very closely, regardless of whether or not he passed a polygraph.
kylr seems to have a very obsessive violent personality. does anyone know what exactly was his alibi for when kara went missing?

polygraphs aren't reliable, there's ways to pass them, even if one isn't a sociopath.

You know, I've also been thinking for a while, however I wonder if anyone has done a sex offender registry search and if Belton PE has looked into some of these people. Or even yet if that sketch of the man that was allegedly seen with Kara in Louisburg, would turn up any results?

There are quite a few sexual deviants that have a fondness for girls under 18 just in Belton alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni