Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Pentagram drawn on the wall where the dog made the hit, pentagram drawn on the exgf's(CM) forehead from the summer. Guess who that leads to?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

let me get this straight this kylr kid has admitted to his friend and ex girlfriend now he killed kara? the belton police have screwed this case up so bad that a group is now on there own some ex cops i wonder if they were (ex belton cops) and now send the evidence in to other sources so this department does not screw up more?

is there a reason they have dropped the ball like this is this kids dad a judge or someting? found him on facebook all he does is talk about this candance matthews girl that he apparently beat up. and she was on there talking about they found out where kara was i dont want to be around him anymore.

is this girl just trying to get this kid in trouble or telling the truth? who lived in this house before the one where the dog keeps hitting on the house for human remains?

why the hell would they just look for 40 minutes and leave the house which the step dad said in the interview was rumored before that something could have happened there.

no wonder these kids are never found

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedude For This Useful Post:

That is partially correct. Kylr admitted to a "friend" he killed Kara, sorry can't release the friends name. When Kylr had the incident with the ex girlfriend, he said he had killed ex girlfriends before, but never brought Kara's name into it.

Nobody seems to know why the ball has been dropped like it has, however there are people that do not trust the Belton PD. I don't know much more other than that. Kylr does not have any family connections within the court system. His dad is a meth addict and abused Kylr when he was younger, his mom lives in Warsaw, MO, about 50 miles away from Belton.

It was Candice's decision to go back with Kylr the second time, then Kylr dumped her, then Candice found out about the latest news report with the cadaver dog and now she doesn't speak with him. Candice views him as the one that will protect her, that aspect seems more powerful than the violence she was inflicted with for her to keep going back with him. I'm pretty sure she's telling the truth, she just doesn't make very smart decisions sometimes.

I have a name that had resided at the house at least back in 2008, but it's just the owner and most likely doesn't appear to be connected to the case. It's a bad part of town, with a lot of "drug houses" in the area. I can't give the exact location on here. The rumor was they mixed Kara's remains with some freshly coated cement and used it for the new floor or something to that effect, not sure if there is any truth to that or not.

I don't really have an answer to the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    let me get this straight this kylr kid has admitted to his friend and ex girlfriend now he killed kara? the belton police have screwed this case up so bad that a group is now on there own some ex cops i wonder if they were (ex belton cops) and now send the evidence in to other sources so this department does not screw up more?

is there a reason they have dropped the ball like this is this kids dad a judge or someting? found him on facebook all he does is talk about this candance matthews girl that he apparently beat up. and she was on there talking about they found out where kara was i dont want to be around him anymore.

is this girl just trying to get this kid in trouble or telling the truth? who lived in this house before the one where the dog keeps hitting on the house for human remains?

why the hell would they just look for 40 minutes and leave the house which the step dad said in the interview was rumored before that something could have happened there.

no wonder these kids are never found

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

Just bumping the thread up. Kara disappeared 5 years ago today.
    Her family will be having a walk on Sunday in Belton, MO to mark the anniversary.
    http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_n...-disappearance

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:

Five years. Wow. And when it happened I thought she might have run away and soon have been found, safe and sound.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

The parents of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky never imagined that, five years after their daughter vanished, they’d still be left with no answers.

Still, they never give up hope. And so on Sunday, as they do every year, family and friends marked the anniversary of Kara’s disappearance with a two-mile march. Some carried signs. Some wore T-shirts printed with a picture of Kara and a plea to the community over it:

“Help Find Our Missing Star,” it read.

“We’ve done it for the past five years as a way to honor Kara,” said the girl’s stepdad, Jim Beckford. “We call it our honor walk.”
    Snipped: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/06...ps-search.html

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

this case makes me so angry. The fact on the ex bfs facebook he's whining about his love life and other cr** when people know full well what he did. I don't know how people can even be in his company. Sickening

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

You are missed, Kara!
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

16. The Following User Says Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

I pray for justice for this young lady!
    No one vanishes into thin air. There are answers, we just need to find them.
    Wedding, Portrait and Senior Photography
    http://www.kandcphotographyonline.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to staticgirl50 For This Useful Post:

The case appears to have gone cold again. Russ Ptacek moved out of Kansas City, therefore less pressure on the Belton PD to solve this case.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

I PM'd Russ Ptacek on FB and asked if he was still actively investigating Kara's disappearance and he wrote back "I'm assisting."

Not exactly sure what that means but I hope he is!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LongviewMomOf4 For This Useful Post:

We're slowly obtaining information as each week passes by. I don't know if and when we'll find her, but we're starting to get some answers. We all know who is primarily responsible, but pointing the finger here hasn't gotten Kara home or anyone in jail. The key is to dig around KY's network of friends at the time she disappeared and the answers slowly start evolving.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LongviewMomOf4 View Post
    I PM'd Russ Ptacek on FB and asked if he was still actively investigating Kara's disappearance and he wrote back "I'm assisting."

Not exactly sure what that means but I hope he is!
    There is a strong team working on the case, PI's and former FBI agents.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thewizard For This Useful Post:

(in response to thewizard)

oh, that makes me so happy to hear that. i have become obsessed with kara's case for the past several months and i truly believe that they would have been able to find her by now if she would have received the same coverage and attention that kelsey smith did. kara was not only robbed of her life, she was robbed of justice. it's either between her ex-boyfriend or edwin hall.. neither of which seem very organized and calculated, therefore it should not have taken 5 years (and counting) to find kara's body.

since the kara kopetsky sleuths are being threatened by the belton PD, why doesn't the owner of the home (that cadaver dogs made their 'hit' at) call the belton police on their own accord and allow their house to be searched? i mean, i would certainly want to know exactly what it was that these dogs 'hit' on -- wouldn't you?

i'm also curious about this friend who reported kara missing to the belton police around the same time her parents did. it has been said that this friend felt "uncomfortable" talking to kara's parents, but if kara was known to skip school and/or class from time to time then why would this friend file a MISSING PERSONS REPORT after just two days? in my opinion, two days isn't a long enough time to go to such drastic measures as evading kara's parents and going straight to the police... am i the only one who feels this way?

i understand this is a high-profile case, but i still think more information could be given to the public. i hate to criticize law enforcement, but i truly believe we (the public) could have solved this case on our own years ago...

Karas family must be going out of their mind, having their missing daughters case not being solved due to this POS and his loyal ex girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by toninicolee View Post

since the kara kopetsky sleuths are being threatened by the belton PD, why doesn't the owner of the home (that cadaver dogs made their 'hit' at) call the belton police on their own accord and allow their house to be searched?
    Snipped by me,

Can you tell me about the sleuths being threatened?
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

I haven't followed Kara's case but just saw this from Russ on twitter. It's a link to his facebook. Amazing the likeness if it's not Kara. Russ tweeted that LE have shown the family the picture but they don't think it's her per stepfather.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...76524259051092

I can't find the story on the woman arrested & Russ didn't link it.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Original story from 2010 about the woman arrested.

Tasha Miller, Indianapolis Mom of Missing Newborn, Won't Face Charges (Yet); Where's Her Baby?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...98-504083.html

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

The same picture, a little over two years ago, was discussed on WS's thread #3 of the Kopetsky case, see post #558 & ff.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5220259&postcount=558"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3[/ame]
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Wfgodot, After I posted I realized it was probably old news here.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Kara and her parents- I'm just an old widow in Iowa but I have not forgotten Kara or you. I pray u will have answers some day.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dr dona For This Useful Post:

Yes, Dr. Know Tasha Miller was CLEARED as possibly being Kara.
    I still have a hard time with the similarities too... it totally creeps me out.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rachaellouise View Post
    Snipped by me,

Can you tell me about the sleuths being threatened?
    i suppose saying "threatened" was a little extreme, but here is one of the articles: http://www.examiner.com/article/kara...dog-hits-house , there is also a youtube video with some video footage of the actual abandoned house.

but basically, a group of undercover sleuths uncovered some pretty damning evidence, but belton PD told them to stay out of the investigation or else they would bring them to court. this was in february of 2012, and we have heard absolutely nothing about kara since ... (whoops, my bad.. belton PD actually went to ONE of the houses, searched for about 40 minutes and never returned.)

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toninicolee For This Useful Post:

where are you, Kara?

A little police pressure and I bet the ex boyfriend and his associates will be singing like canaries.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

47. The Following User Says Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast