562 users online (55 members and 507 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If there is ever an answer in this case...

...will it come from Dede Spicher gaining immunity and telling what she knows, either as a participant or from living with Terri in the days following Kaine's departure?

I believe that this may the only way we learn what actually happened, if Terri is guilty. If she did not make use of Dede on the 4th, I think she may have said enough to Dede later on, either intentionally or otherwise, to provide Dede with vital information as to what happened to Kyron, although I'm not confident she will be able to provide the "where."

What other ways might this case "break"? If not Dede, then who, or what might provide the answer? Or will there be an eventual circumstantial case/trial against Terri, possibly even a conviction, but no real resolution as to where Kyron is or what really happened to him?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    ...will it come from Dede Spicher gaining immunity and telling what she knows, either as a participant or from living with Terri in the days following Kaine's departure?

I believe that this may the only way we learn what actually happened, if Terri is guilty. If she did not make use of Dede on the 4th, I think she may have said enough to Dede later on, either intentionally or otherwise, to provide Dede with vital information as to what happened to Kyron, although I'm not confident she will be able to provide the "where."

What other ways might this case "break"? If not Dede, then who, or what might provide the answer? Or will there be an eventual circumstantial case/trial against Terri, possibly even a conviction, but no real resolution as to where Kyron is or what really happened to him?
    It confuses me, that if DDS knew anything, why hasn't she said it by now.

IMHO this case will break when a body is found, unfortunately.

MOOOOO

Mel

I believe Terri will provide the break, but it will not be what people expect.

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    I believe Terri will provide the break, but it will not be what people expect.
    I think it's easy to speculate that TH did it, slam, shut, boom, case. I don't think it's that simple either. You'll find me on days defending TH (especially when KH and D throw her under the bus time after time). Then there are days where I'm convinced she did it.

I just keep jumpin up and over that ol fence not knowing where to land.

The sticking point for me is that LE has not named her a POI -- and I find that very telling.

MOO

Mel

I don't believe for a minute that TH feels any compunction to rise to the bait of KH & DY but I do sense that she's been forthcoming with LE.
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    I don't believe for a minute that TH feels any compunction to rise to the bait of KH & DY but I do sense that she's been forthcoming with LE.
    If she hadn't she would have been arrested by now. Well, that's my opinion anyway. I know LE's hinky meters are a lot more sensitive than mine.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post

Thanks for this thread, cluciano63. IMHO, people forget too quickly how it took Laci and Conner Rocha to wash ashore and for Scott Peterson to be arrested. Laci went missing on Christmas eve and she and her son didn't wash ashore for almost 4 months. It's a miracle they actually did. That case was purely circumstantial (with the exception of Laci's hair in the pliers found on Scotts boat).

When Kyron is found dead or alive, the circumstances surrounding his disappearance will fall into place quite nicely. That's why the GJ has been called in early on. This is all just my thoughts.

If Kyron isn't found, this case will struggle to get out of any legal gates unless a co-conspirator talks or the perp talks. Which may or may not be likely.

I also think the case will "break open" in many ways if Kyron is found.

However, I think there is probably an awful lot of evidence in the form of texts, emails, computer records, and phone records, etc.,that will tell a story when this goes to court, which I have every expectation it will. I also think there will be witnesses who can answer many of our questions concerning the morning of June 4. I think the grand jury is getting an eyeful and an earful.

Let me clarify, I am not convinced that Terri is guilty; but if she is, I think that Dede will be the key, as I cannot understand otherwise why she did not testify on the day she was called and has not since, as far as we know. Even if she did not see Terri that day, she would have info on Terri's frame of mind, etc. as some of the others who testified may not have seen Terri that day, yet still testified. So right now, I believe she is seeking immunity, unless we learn otherwise.

I do think it is possible the LE will, at some point, make an arrest without finding Kyron if they get the witness(es) they need to say that she was seen with Kyron, either outside or near an exit. They arrested Casey prior to finding Caylee and I believe they would have arrested Scott Peterson sooner or later, even if Lacy was not found. I'm not saying that they should, but that they might.
    Just my opinion, of course.

If Dede did hold the key, don't you think a deal would have already been cut? Sadly, the only way (IMO) that LE would drag their feet on this deal is if they know that Kyron is not alive, which means they have some other evidence to indicate this, but can't identify who is the responsible party.

Sometimes in circumstantial evidence cases, LE is sure who the murderer is even without a body (ie: Casey Anthony), the problem arises with what type of penalty the DA will ask for: Life w/o parole or the death penalty. Does Oregon have the DP?
    Last edited by Openmyeyes; 09-02-2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: spelling - do should be does

It's been five weeks since DeDe appeared before the grand jury. I think that if she hasn't been granted immunity in that amount of time...it's probably not going to happen (but I'm no legal eagle). If she eventually tells LE what she knows my guess is that it would be part of a plea deal after Terri is arrested.

It seems to me that LE thinks the nature of DeDe involvement exposes her to a serious felony charge or charges, which seems to be confirmed by her unwillingness to testify before the grand jury (as far as we know).

Didn't LE curb the media's access to who was entering or exiting where the grand jury is meeting?

The data is being gathered and a lot is known from all those tips and tapes. It's possible the answer has taken shape much more than we know, and when the case breaks we can credit the teamwork of everyone who added to the mountain of circumstantial evidence. Some single person could no longer feel the best strategy to save themselves is to stay quiet, yes. And guilt is the gift that keeps on giving.

I think something might break if Terri is ever charged. I just have this feeling that it's a big waiting game. LE is doing their investigation, and Houze is just waiting, waiting, until she's charged to do something. I think because she hasn't been charged, she's been told to shut up and wait in isolation.

I think something is going to happen once Terri is charged and arrested. I'm not sure if it's someone talking or something else happening, but something is going to happen. I don't know if it will be her or Dede that talks, but I have the feeling they are waiting on LE.

And of course, Kyron's body being found will jumpstart the investigation. I really do think if he is found before there's a charge, someone will be singing like a canary. Or heck, whenever he's found that's going to happen. I think both are a little too comfortable since Kyron's body hasn't been found yet (at least comfortable in the belief that they can get away with this or they'll never be charged with anything).

I think they are both waiting for this to go cold and blow over. So if a charge comes, or Kyron's body is found, or preferrably both happening at the same time, I think only then will something happen here, or someone may talk. It just depends on what happens first and how much someone thinks they need to talk, or someone will finally make some sort of move other than nothing.

I've also been unusually jittery this week. I don't know if it's because something's going to happen, or if buying my first home is causing it, but it's like I'm pins and needles. And I keep checking in everyday to see something happening, but nothing yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast