MO - Brandi Clemoens, 2, beaten to death, Kansas City, 1 Sept 2010

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-child-abuse-suspected-090210,0,380594.story

"According to the police report, the two-year-old girl was blue and not breathing when she was brought to the emergency room. She had bruising on her head, torso, buttocks and legs and had a laceration on the back of her head. Hospital staff resuscitated the child but she had no brain activity. Doctors said the child's brain had "shifted" in her skull."

This is so sad. I wish all the abuse on these little babies would stop. There is no reason for it. I hope they do something with these parents :(

From AL's link:

The girl told her mother in the morning she had a headache so the mother kept her and her 3 year old brother home from Daycare.

The child "peed" on herself so the mom sent her to her room to think about what she had done. The child then said she was tired so the mom put her down for a nap. Then the mother heard a thud.

Does a two year old actually say "I have a headache", and if you kept her home then why didn't you take her to a Doctor? I guess a little one could say that but it's so general.

Two year olds pee themselves, hello. JMO mom got mad the baby girl had an accident and didn't make it to the bathroom in time and got mad.

Does a two year old actually say "I have a headache", and if you kept her home then why didn't you take her to a Doctor? I guess a little one could say that but it's so general.

Two year olds pee themselves, hello. JMO mom got mad the baby girl had an accident and didn't make it to the bathroom in time and got mad.

~ Respectfully snipped ~

Unfortunately, kids do get headaches. Both of mine could tell me when their head hurt at that age. They didn't say " I have a headache" but "my head hurts". I took that as a headache.

I completely agree that little one probably had a potty accident and a parent lost their temper. :( Prayers she's able to pull through, somehow.

Loss of ability to control one's urine/bowels is also a "late" sign of a head injury. Especially if one is very young or very old.

The "her brain shifted in her head" sounds like she was shaken. I wonder who else was in the house over the last say, 24-48 hours? A brain bleed can take that long (and sometimes longer) to materialize, and herniate the brain downward (thus ending life). It would start as a headache, too, and then progress, creating such bad pressure that it could downward displace the brain.

While I have heard of children falling down and seemingly be fine and then a few days later have a brain herniation/bleed, couple this child's apparent additional injuries, and I figure someone shook her, she hit her head during it, and 24ish hours later died.

Poor thing. I hope they're looking at the brother very carefully, too...and anyone who had access to this child in the last week or so.

Best-
Herding Cats

Speechless.

I suppose the bruising on the boy is just an "accident" too.

Speechless.

I suppose the bruising on the boy is just an "accident" too.

"At that time, another child, a three-year-old boy, who was brought in with the mother and her boyfriend, was taken into protective custody. According to the police report, the boy was examined and found to have bruises on his face, torso, buttocks and legs. The boy stated the bruises were from running into walls and falling down."

that is from the fox4kc link above... He's 3 or 4 and says he runs into walls and falls down... beyond sad!! :furious:

One thing I've noticed about my son who is 4, is that he gets bruises all over, but never on his face. And the bruises are mainly just on his knees/legs from playing hard. I can't even recall seeing any bruises on his torso from playing rough. I don't know if that means anything though.

Poor babies :(

She died today. I'm using my phone so I can't post the link.

She died today. I'm using my phone so I can't post the link.

Dear Lord. Poor little baby.

Chicana I'll find the link. Thank you for unfortunately a horrible outcome.

Aunt of little Brandi Clemoens speaks out. She had pciked her niece up at daycare the day before she was rushed to the hospital. The aunt said she never saw any signs of abuse.

In custody are Antonio Murray aged 25. Sheika Clemoens Brandi's mother is also in custody.

More at link.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/24875702/detail.html

Dear Lord. Poor little baby.

Chicana I'll find the link. Thank you for unfortunately a horrible outcome.

Aunt of little Brandi Clemoens speaks out. She had pciked her niece up at daycare the day before she was rushed to the hospital. The aunt said she never saw any signs of abuse.

In custody are Antonio Murray aged 25. Sheika Clemoens Brandi's mother is also in custody.

More at link.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/24875702/detail.html

I checked casenet and I think I found the right Antonio Murray. Can you believe he was given shock time -120 days for 2 counts of Dist/Del/Manf/Produce Or Attempt To Or Possess W/Intent To Dist/Del/Manf/Produce A Controlled Substance { Felony B RSMo: 195.211 } ???Then he violated his probation when he received 3 new charges for the same thing a year later, and was out a year after the new sentencing.

WTH ? This is Missouri, not California !!!!

I checked casenet and I think I found the right Antonio Murray. Can you believe he was given shock time -120 days for 2 counts of Dist/Del/Manf/Produce Or Attempt To Or Possess W/Intent To Dist/Del/Manf/Produce A Controlled Substance { Felony B RSMo: 195.211 } ???Then he violated his probation when he received 3 new charges for the same thing a year later, and was out a year after the new sentencing.

WTH ? This is Missouri, not California !!!!

:doh:Same all over the country, Chicana save for Texas I guess.

I found Sheika Clemeon's FB. It's apparent the young person was struggling. I wonder if that can be presented as evidence because she says right on there her DD is sick. Her DD being sick meant Sheika couldn't go to school or go to see her PO.

Why she's got a PO I don't know.

As of Wednesday she posted she loved her children. However she changed the photograph to one of just her son.

Sad all around.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000635673816#!/profile.php?id=100000635673816&v=wall

:doh:Same all over the country, Chicana save for Texas I guess.

I found Sheika Clemeon's FB. It's apparent the young person was struggling. I wonder if that can be presented as evidence because she says right on there her DD is sick. Her DD being sick meant Sheika couldn't go to school or go to see her PO.

Why she's got a PO I don't know.

As of Wednesday she posted she loved her children. However she changed the photograph to one of just her son.

Sad all around.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000635673816#!/profile.php?id=100000635673816&v=wall

Brandi's nickname was Pinky.

I didn't see any mention of the BF on her facebook and she appears to love her children. One of her 'friends' on facebook worked at Brandi's daycare and claims that she called DSS/CPS and that 'they gave her back' and then the mom took her out of that daycare.

Brandi's nickname was Pinky.

I didn't see any mention of the BF on her facebook and she appears to love her children. One of her 'friends' on facebook worked at Brandi's daycare and claims that she called DSS/CPS and that 'they gave her back' and then the mom took her out of that daycare.

Chicana, if you read the older comments I'm not sure if the BF is the one she had problems with. She also mentions her kids are back home. I guess because CPS took them?

Sheika is pregnant if there's truth to what she says there. She counts the days. Asks what she should name her new baby girl? Then before you know it she has problems again with a man and is finally getting rid of him. To that one friend says "You're not going anywhere".

This young woman had alot on her plate and yes, it sure looks like she loved her children. Starting on August 9th her little girl had been sick. Then it's off and on each child is sick. At one point she says her son is so sick and he looks so sad.

She herself is sick and very tired. She mentions several times she's been sick. Mind you I am not excusing anyone for anything, but kids do get sick and then keep passing it. You know the ol' ping pong so could it be possible she just thought the kids were sick?

Again no matter this is really sad.

Chicana, if you read the older comments I'm not sure if the BF is the one she had problems with. She also mentions her kids are back home. I guess because CPS took them?

Sheika is pregnant if there's truth to what she says there. She counts the days. Asks what she should name her new baby girl? Then before you know it she has problems again with a man and is finally getting rid of him. To that one friend says "You're not going anywhere".

This young woman had alot on her plate and yes, it sure looks like she loved her children. Starting on August 9th her little girl had been sick. Then it's off and on each child is sick. At one point she says her son is so sick and he looks so sad.

She herself is sick and very tired. She mentions several times she's been sick. Mind you I am not excusing anyone for anything, but kids do get sick and then keep passing it. You know the ol' ping pong so could it be possible she just thought the kids were sick?

Again no matter this is really sad.

I just finished reading those same comments !! Wonder what the daycare saw ?

One thing I've noticed about my son who is 4, is that he gets bruises all over, but never on his face. And the bruises are mainly just on his knees/legs from playing hard. I can't even recall seeing any bruises on his torso from playing rough. I don't know if that means anything though.

Poor babies :(

My 1-1/2 year old grandson has bruises all over his baby legs and one on his head from running into the armoire door but there's not one on his torso or face.

I read her FB,scary because she sounds just like my Grandsons mom.Why do single woman push out child after child,from all different baby daddies then complain about the hard struggle they have.Maybe if they stopped getting pregnant immediately after dating a guy life wouldn't be so tough.These poor children being born to these monsters,who seem to think Welfare is the way to earn a living.Whatever happened to working to provide for the children you have.Instead they pop out more kids ,making life harder.Then the abuse starts because the blame the children for how hard their life has become.GMAB!

At the hospital, doctors also checked the 3-year-old boy. They found bruises to his face, torso, buttocks and legs. He said he got hurt “running into walls and falling down.” The mother told police her daughter “falls down a lot.”

The 25-year-old boyfriend left the hospital before police could talk to him.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/0...ter.html?storylink=omni_popular#ixzz0ysPGaMqM

kinda makes you wonder what the boyfriends story was gonna be. I find it odd that he made haste to leave before being interviewed, but then, maybe he figured he didn't need to be as he (according to mom) wasn't present at the hosue that day (hence her having to call him to come give her a reide to the hospital).

2 year old girls do not say "mom I have a headach" and 2 year olds have barely gotten ahold of their bowels, accidents are common. Was that what she was supposed to "think about" in her room, in all her two year old wisdom?!

And herding is right, loss of bowel control can be a late indicator of a head injury.

here is a link that outlines some more symptoms

http://www.suite101.com/content/signs-and-symptoms-of-shaken-baby-syndrome-a146531

According to the National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome, certain signs can be noted in the event that an infant has been shaken or abused. These symptoms include decreased muscle tone and lethargy, extreme irritability, decreased appetite, and lack of normal visual contact such as smiling or vocalizing.

Other physical symptoms include a bulge or soft spot around the forehead area, or a change in the forehead or head shape, a rigid posture, poor sucking or difficulty breathing. Other signs may include seizures, variances in pupil sizes, and inability to lift the head.

Read more at Suite101: Signs and Symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome: Child Abuse or SBS Can Lead to Traumatic Brain Injury http://www.suite101.com/content/signs-and-symptoms-of-shaken-baby-syndrome-a146531#ixzz0ysRAgyRC

some of the long term consequences from this sort of abuse
Shaken baby syndrome causes damage in the brain tissue, and can lead to many severe immediate consequences, including those listed in the signs and symptoms above. Long-term consequences can include physical impairments, such as vision, speech, hearing complications, and cerebral palsy, as well as behavior and cognitive abnormalities.

The most devastating consequence of shaken baby syndrome is death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back