IL - Irma Rodriguez, 44, found murdered, Midlothian, 1 June 2009

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No one seems to care that Irma Rodriguez was allegedly murdered by her husband Norberto Rodriguez. In My Opinion of course.

Norberto tried once to kill her but was acquitted of the charges.

Irma's family says no one cares butthat's wrong. At Websleuths we care.

We need a current picture of Norberto so if anyone has one they would like to share please email me at tgrif@xmission.com

Here is Irma's story. At the very least PLEASE, PLEASE post about it.

Irma's story is featured on
Susan Muphy-Milano's blog right here!

**********************************************************************************​

Thank you, Tricia for bringing this case to our attention. Another case of a cop in Illinois who murders his wife. This is sickening. If any of Irma's family reads here, I would like to say: Don't give up! This man can still be held accountable for your beautiful daughter/mother/friends death. It happened here in Georgia when cop Sam Parker was tried and convicted in the death of his wife, Theresa. Theresa's body has never been found and there were no witnesses to her death but Sam Parker will spend the rest of his life in a prison with others that he helped put there. Karma caught up with him just as it will catch up with Norberto Rodriguez.
Thanks again, Becky

link to Theresa Parker case here on Websleuths: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48058&highlight=Theresa+Parker

Hopefully this monster lost his pension, unlike Drew Peterson.

Why is it they do not have a picture of this man in his old police files?

This man will get whats coming to him. Sometimes Justice is not swift. I am sick of cops getting away with murder. Its time to hold them accountable, to make a safe place for women to report their husbands abuse within the department, so they are not afriad or not ignored. Being an abused cops wife seems to me to be worse than being the wife of a regular guy who abuses you. At least the police will haul you abuser off to jail, if your abuser is "one of them, apparently you have little to no recourse. That's just not right, and its got to change!

abbie

Irma's story is heartbreaking. I'm from the Chicagoland area and I can tell you i've never heard her story before. How come? I think there needs to be so much more attention given to stories like hers, the untold forgotten victim. There should be no such thing.

Sad in so many ways .... that this woman died and left children and others who loved her, ... it is a tragedy and it is even more sad that it looks like it has been forgotten (intentionally?)

here is an article, two months after Irma's murder.

According to the family, the case is still under investigation, even though it's been two months since Rodríguez' body was found. The family has not received an update from police or investigators in regards to a person of interest in connection with the death.

According to the communications department of the Cook County's State's Attorney office, the case is "a continuing police investigation and no one has been charged."

Calls made to the detective and Interim Police Chief David DeMarco of Oak Forest Police for additional comments on the case were not returned by deadline.

Tirado and Halim said there is a person that should be held accountable for their sister's death and that there is enough evidence to prove who killed their sister.

http://www.latinalista.net/chicago/2009/08/

Sad in so many ways .... that this woman died and left children and others who loved her, ... it is a tragedy and it is even more sad that it looks like it has been forgotten (intentionally?)

here is an article, two months after Irma's murder.

According to the family, the case is still under investigation, even though it's been two months since Rodríguez' body was found. The family has not received an update from police or investigators in regards to a person of interest in connection with the death.

According to the communications department of the Cook County's State's Attorney office, the case is "a continuing police investigation and no one has been charged."

Calls made to the detective and Interim Police Chief David DeMarco of Oak Forest Police for additional comments on the case were not returned by deadline.

Tirado and Halim said there is a person that should be held accountable for their sister's death and that there is enough evidence to prove who killed their sister.

http://www.latinalista.net/chicago/2009/08/

Yeah, I just bet the cops there are breaking their necks trying to "solve" this case. Whats to solve? Locate her husband and arrest him! Case solved!!! Enough of this BS with cops getting away with slaughtering wives. How many cases like this are there out there, that most of don't even know about?

Irma's life mattered, and the police probably didn't investigate anything and then to add insult to injury don't even have the common courtesy to update the family. Well, what's to update "we aren't working on your case at all? We know your husband did it but he's one of us....so......"

Disgusting.

abbie

Missing Oak Forest woman found dead Wednesday, June 03, 2009

June 3, 2009 (MIDLOTHIAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- The body of a woman found in a car in south suburban Midlothian earlier this week has been identified as that of a missing mother from Oak Forest.

An autopsy found Irma Rodriguez was shot several times. Her death has been ruled a homicide.

Rodriguez was reported missing Sunday night. Her body was found Monday in the trunk of her own car, which was parked in Midlothian.

Irma Rodriguez was married to a former police officer and in recent years their relationship had allegedly turned violent. But if police think the husband played a role in her disappearance, they're not ready to say so.

On their hands and knees, searchers scour an Oak Forest creek and nearby retention pond. Presumably, they're looking for evidence - possibly a murder weapon - after a Rodriguez's body was found in the trunk of her car. It was parked in nearby Midlothian.

"She's a mother of three children. I mean, nobody, nobody wants to see something like this happen and she is a very nice lady. My neighbor just came over here a couple of minutes ago and she was crying because she had just talked to her," said Kelly DeGroot, victim's neighbor.</p

Tuesday was the day Ms. Rodriguez was supposed to be in divorce court. Proceedings began more than a year and a half ago. Her husband was a Chicago police officer, until he was fired for allegedly shooting at his wife.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6843511

Murdered Irma Rodriguez of Oak Forest - wife of ex CPD Norberto Rodriguez

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-u_a-eyADo[/ame]

Midlothian Body Not ID'ed Yet As Mom
Updated: Wednesday, 03 Jun 2009, 6:27 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 03 Jun 2009, 6:06 AM CDT

The savory smell of marinated chicken often lingered along Alameda Avenue in Oak Forest whenever Irma Rodriguez cooked a meal.

She was a great chef and often shared food with neighbors as their noses perked up to the aroma coming from Rodriguez's kitchen.

"She always smelled up the neighborhood," recalled 30-year-old neighbor, Kurt De Grott, as he took a break from trimming the grass along his fence. "My daughter would be like, 'what smelled so good?' and [Rodriguez] would be like, 'come here' for a taste."

Sunday night he saw Rodriguez's children arguing with her husband, Norberto Rodriguez. Their 44-year-old mother was missing. So was her car, a 2002 white Pontiac Grand Am. Then police showed up.

Norberto Rodriguez is a former Chicago Police officer once assigned to the Harrison District and fired in Dec. 1998 after getting into a scuffle with his wife a year earlier. Another woman sent him flowers, according to court records. Irma Rodriguez was shot in the hand, but her husband was acquitted of all charges...............

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/midlothian_body_not_id_yet_as_irma_rodriguez

ofmissing_p1.jpg_20090601_19_00_14_55-250-146.imageContent

Irma Rodriguez

WOW. Thank you all for posting on Irma's case.

We are working on getting an updated picture of the main suspect in the case.

Guys, the ONLY way to keep this case from being forgotten is to keep posting. Keep this thread moving.

It helps more than I can put in words here.

Thank you.

Tricia

Very sad...and infuriating. This case hits close to home. I had a dear friend who was murdered by her LE husband (the coward then shot himself) this past March. I cannot even express how this makes me feel. Because of their "standing" in the community, they get away with these horrendous offenses time and time again. :(

After losing my friend, I found this site dedicated to LEO-related domestic violence called Behind the Blue Wall and remember reading Irma's story there. I hope it's ok to post this here... if not, mods please delete...

http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2009/06/il-life-of-irma-arroyo-rodriguez-has.html

I hope and pray Irma gets the justice she deserves. RIP, Irma. :(

I have no words, just fury. I do too wonder how many of these type cases are out there that we have no idea about. This is insane. No, beyond insane! No one in LE is willing to help put this murderer behind bars? why? There have been convictions and investigations in LE offices...why do some not investigate their own...when there is A LOT of evidence?

Here is an article with some real meat in it to start with. It gives a lot on NR's criminal history. Looks like a good starting point.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/oak.forest.murder.2.1032395.html

from the link above...

...(But he was stopped for speeding on April 29 in LaSalle County, and the briefcase containing four packs of heroin was discovered.

Rodriguez agreed to wear a wire, according to charging documents, and lead drug enforcement agents to the two other codefendants)...

I don't have the autopsy report, but i wonder if she was shot 5 times?
He became a snitch to get less time in federal prison.
Ten years versus 52 months. In federal i believe you get 10 you do 10, there's no two days credited for one day served.
Being x cop he may had been in pc unit.
AT the time of this crime, the other two were they still in prison?
He became missing after she was found yes?

Do we know for sure, that he was not placed into the witness protection program after this crime?

I am speculating on everything because we have no official LE documents to look at on this case.

Could this had been a retaliation hit, for the snitching and wearing a wire to trap the other two defendants.
When it comes to drugs, especially something as heroin, and the large amounts they were going to take across country, nothing would surprise me. Drug dealers , especially hi ranking dealers don't seem to forgive and forget so easily, after they have been snitched on.

If he did do it, and i am not saying he did or didn't do it, because i don't know. But if he did, being an ex-cop especially he had to know they would be zeroing in on him first and foremost because of his past.

The same day she was found, was the day she was to report to court i believe the video or a link said somewhere.

I have read no where about the FBI getting involved in this case.
Does anyone have any links showing there involvement in this case?

The crime scene.
Determining where the murder occurred.
I am speculating she was placed inside the trunk and then shot,
versus being shot somewhere else then put in the trunk and driven to the final location.

If the crime did occur in the trunk, then she could have been followed and the POI waited for the right moment, had her get in the trunk, shot her, and then parked it where they left it.

If she was shot somewhere else, then that means she was with someone, at some place where the crime occurred, which means we would have to know about her last hours, day etc. whom she met, where she went that day etc.

This can be verified by any pooling inside the trunk indication she was shot after being placed inside. If there was no significant pooling inside the trunk, then that would indicate it happened at another location.

Here is a story for DATELINE to make people aware of IRMA's fate!
It may bring out a few clues from the past! Get attention out there for
abused wives! esp if married to an abusive officer!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back