Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I agree it's LE's responsibility, and the school's too. But they can only give so much in the was of reassurance - there just are no guarantees, even in the best of circumstances.

LE was at the meeting.
    BBM

I agree. IMHO, Kaine should not usurp the role of LE, nor should they ask him to do so. Until Terri is charged and convicted, what remains is a theory, perhaps an unsupportable theory as there has not yet been an arrest or indictment.

The increased security measures should be comforting, but nothing is foolproof, IMHO.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cypress For This Useful Post:

Kaine and Desiree have never put blame on teachers, staff or school, IIRC.
    It has always been about a big plan blaming Terri and DD and possibly others.
    Does LE honestly think this is a child custody thing gone bad?
    I feel so bad for the bio parents still planning KYRON's first day of school.
    I sure hope he is found by then also. ALIVE!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Do we know who donated the cameras? Perhaps Intel? Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclemama View Post
    Do we know who donated the cameras? Perhaps Intel? Just a guess.
    Chown Hardware

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Kaine and Desiree have never put blame on teachers, staff or school, IIRC.
    It has always been about a big plan blaming Terri and DD and possibly others.
    Does LE honestly think this is a child custody thing gone bad?

I feel so bad for the bio parents still planning KYRON's first day of school.
    I sure hope he is found by then also. ALIVE!
    BBM. I have considered both of these as possibilities in what might really be going on in this case: getting Terri out of the picture and/or Desiree possibly regaining custody of Kyron. I have some thoughts about other possibilities but don't want to speculate jmo

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I smell a giant tort cow pie and Kaine might have stepped squarely in the middle of it.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Of course Kaine was at the meeting....he's the parent of a student at the school.
    Elephant in the middle of the room:

....that was last seen at the school, that is currently missing, that Kaine still believes to be alive.

It also says to me that they either asked for more leads, and that LE or a rep would be at the school in place of Kaine, if they firmly believed he was not alive. I just don't believe LE would torture a parent in that way.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Openmyeyes For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybatchy View Post
    I smell a giant tort cow pie and Kaine might have stepped squarely in the middle of it.
    I call it "horse hash", but I know what you mean. I wonder if Desiree and Tony support Kaine's stance? jmo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Captain Gates was also at the meeting, it wasn't just Kaine saying the school was safe.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jo in Calif For This Useful Post:

"""Kaine Horman told KGW the school held the meeting in order to explain new policies to parents following Kaine’s disappearance at the end of the last school year.""

I don't know but I can't believe this news media site hasn't caught and corrected that horrendous typo for this long in their article. I didn't know Kaine was missing now, too.
    ~Nothing Changes If Nothing Changes~

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to boggled_in_ohio For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I call it "horse hash", but I know what you mean. I wonder if Desiree and Tony support Kaine's stance? jmo
    The problem with Tort Pie is good intentions fail to mask the stench.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestocking View Post
    BBM

This seems to imply that he does not hold the school responsible at all--and I think his saying so lends the school credibility. If I were there, I would draw the conclusion that there is no need for me to worry about a repeat incident--see, even Kyron's dad says so. If I were an employee at that school, I would want students and parents as reassured as possible, because the first days are tough enough without the extra anxiety. I think Kaine feels strongly about his community and wants to support the school, which he does not believe has done anything wrong, and which was, in fact, a very good place for Kyron to be. I don't really think this was LE's idea--but they are also supporting him. MOO

So as Kaine is speaking, I wonder if he really expects Kyron to be among the students the first day of school? (He said he and Desiree bought him a new book bag and everything he needed for school so when she comes home, he will be able to just start school.) Is he there to reassure parents that even with Kyron back there, their kids will be safe, or was he alluding to the thought that the person who took Kaine is known to LE and is no threat to their kids?

abbie

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:

I don't know if i would be okay with sending my child back to that school regardless of what LE and Kaine say, or whatever new security measures are in place. I guess once i knew what really happened to Kyron, then maybe i would reconsider my decision. But then maybe i'm just an overprotective mother.
    My heart breaks for these people in this terrible case. I also wonder by the bio parents getting all of Kyron's school things for a new school year, if they are really in the know about something of Kyron miraculously walking back into his classroom for school resuming, or are they just hoping this will happen. I Pray it does because i could think of nothing worse than not knowing where this little boy is, and i think they are very brave in their public appearances, because i think i would be a blubbering mess by now.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angelswatchoverthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angelswatchoverthem View Post
    I don't know if i would be okay with sending my child back to that school regardless of what LE and Kaine say, or whatever new security measures are in place. I guess once i knew what really happened to Kyron, then maybe i would reconsider my decision. But then maybe i'm just an overprotective mother.
    My heart breaks for these people in this terrible case. I also wonder by the bio parents getting all of Kyron's school things for a new school year, if they are really in the know about something of Kyron miraculously walking back into his classroom for school resuming, or are they just hoping this will happen. I Pray it does because i could think of nothing worse than not knowing where this little boy is, and i think they are very brave in their public appearances, because i think i would be a blubbering mess by now.
    Just imagine all the SAHM's having to take a job, or dads having to take a second job, or household incomes being stretched, so they can afford to send their child to a Private school rather than Skyline this year. Because they just aren't sure and don't trust a few cameras and a call system now in place to call you if your child is absent? And what good are the cameras if nobody is actively monitoring the screens that I hope they have (rather than just a recorder somewhere) so that if a child is in danger, someone will see it on the screen and can react immediately. A camera for LE to view the tape later on after-the-fact might be good for nothing. JMO.

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    Just thought of something else.

KH obviously believes that Kyron is still alive and will be coming home soon. He's going out buying school supplies for him!

I suspect part of KH's motivation was to try to preserve Skyline School as close as possible to the way it was before Kyron disappeared, so that when Kyron comes home, he can slide right back into a normal routine.

To accomplish that, it means that as many of Kyron's friends as possible would still be attending the school.
    If my child had been "disappeared" at the beginning of this summer, and school was just getting ready to begin, I'd buy school supplies as well. Anything to keep the normalcy, and to "bargain" with God. "I'll keep believing, and You send him back to me...please?"

He also has the mother of his child to think about. While Kaine is an analytical guy, and Desiree doesn't seem the type to spin rainbows out of moonbeams, he has to be positive for her.

I'm not sure the purchase points to actual belief that Kyron is still on this earth, just a father's undying hope (and love.)

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mmmagique For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast