842 users online (113 members and 729 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If guilty, do you think things are going as planned for Terri?

I know there is a lot of speculation about TH and her crime shows ("CSI") and murder mystery books. According to the facts of the case, this is a criminal investigation - but as far as we know LE has had a very hard time finding any evidence and/or info that solves the mystery of where Kyron is...

If she is guilty of criminal activity related to Kyron, is this all a part of Terri's plan? Do you think she is cool as a cucumber sitting in her parents house - because she planned this out so well that she knows she will never get caught? or do you think this has all blown up way bigger than she ever anticipated?

Just curious. :-)
    Last edited by LindseyLou; 09-03-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling error :-)

No, I don't think she anticipated the intense media coverage this case has generated.

With all of the children who go missing every year, the media only picks up on a handful. This happened to be one of them.

I do not think TMH anticipated that.

Respectully, I have no idea if TH thought her stepson's disappearance would get this amount of media coverage. However,she probably should have realized that it would : it is,as the FBI said, a "unique case ." Offhand, I can't think of another child who has disappeared from within a school, and is still missing after 3 months.This was pretty much guaranteed to be a huge case from the beginning, IMO...

All JMO

I think that - if she is indeed guilty - she had no idea it would pan out like this. I get the impression that she thought she was slicker than owl doody and could pull off something like this. But it didn't work out quite that way. Yes, she hasn't been charged - yet - and there has been no discovery of remains, but TH has been thrust under the microscope of the media and I don't think that was in her playbook at all.

If she's guilty, I am pretty sure she's experiencing a great deal of discomfort and is working on a mental health moment in the courts.
    Just My Opinion

Did this go as she planned? Uh, I don't think so at all: no big lawsuit against the school; Kaine has their daughter, house, and the mustang; she's penniless and alone in her parents house with no means of electronic communication (no cellphone or computer) or a way to really entertain or soothe herself as far as we know; and she can't even get a workout at her favorite gym anymore. I can't imagine Terri was thinking that was going to happen. I think she was utterly convinced she could blame this on the school and have all the attention go to the school.

She never dreamed she wasn't smart enough to not get caught and that all the negative attention would be on her. She was thinking, instead, she'd be the very sympathized with stepmother, and would get nothing but positive attention on her. Oh, how wrong, how very, very wrong she was. I bet she is very uncomfortable in that home and wishes she could tear down the walls. I bet she is HATING how this turned out. I'm starting to wonder just what Houze told her to get her to cooperate with him. Did he guarantee he'd make this go away if she shut up and isolated herself?

Thank God LE is smarter than the average bear. Or in this case, the average Terri.

ETA: And if she's cold enough to sit there and think she can still get away with this, I have someone to introduce to her to. Her name is Casey Anthony.
    Last edited by Aedrys; 09-03-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks for the thread LL...

I doubt she ever fathomed the intense media scrutiny in her wildest dreams. Now she's stuck in her parents' home. That has to drive anyone crazy, no matter how many visitors you receive

She can go nowhere without being publicly scrutinized, much less scorned.

I bet she expected to be out-and-about playing the victim and receiving tons of sympathy....JMO

Quote Originally Posted by KariKae View Post
    No, I don't think she anticipated the intense media coverage this case has generated.

With all of the children who go missing every year, the media only picks up on a handful. This happened to be one of them.

I do not think TMH anticipated that.
    I don't see why not. A child disappearing from school?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Thanks for the thread LL...

I doubt she ever fathomed the intense media scrutiny in her wildest dreams. Now she's stuck in her parents' home. That has to drive anyone crazy, no matter how many visitors you receive

She can go nowhere without being publicly scrutinized, much less scorned.

I bet she expected to be out-and-about playing the victim and receiving tons of sympathy....JMO

Thanks guys/girls for your input. My mind tends to wander and this topic in particular is one of the things I keep thinking about. Without knowing what LE knows...its hard to tell how much pressure they're putting on her besides just cramping her love &/or social life. I keep picturing her sitting in her parents house thinking "its the perfect crime they will never catch me". But after reading your posts about her being secluded from the world, I thought of something else... if things ARE going the way she planned all along...that wouldn't make sense according to her character. She wouldn't take this big of a personal hit just for revenge... I'm having an ephiphany. haha

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
    Thanks guys/girls for your input. My mind tends to wander and this topic in particular is one of the things I keep thinking about. Without knowing what LE knows...its hard to tell how much pressure they're putting on her besides just cramping her love &/or social life. I keep picturing her sitting in her parents house thinking "its the perfect crime they will never catch me". But after reading your posts about her being secluded from the world, I thought of something else... if things ARE going the way she planned all along...that wouldn't make sense according to her character. She wouldn't take this big of a personal hit just for revenge... I'm having an ephiphany. haha
    BBM

That's all I can conjure up too -- how many hours she must have on her hands now to think up a Plan B --
    Just My Opinion

I agree with what others stated: TH never anticipated this amount of news coverage.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Honestly, the look on her face during that first tv appearance tells me she did not anticipate this. I remember thinking that she looked terrified but at that time I was not thinking she was guilty. Just could not figure out what that look meant. Now I'm afraid I do know what that look meant.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

I think Terri thought that everyone would assume Kyron wandered off or was abducted by someone and taken out of the school, she did what she did to Kyron then went about her morning with baby K as if nothing was different. I am sure she never thought suspicion would quickly fall on her. She gave herself away, her body language, her MFH plot 6 months earlier, her narcissistic FB posts etc. All of us saw it and called her on it very early. Then came Desiree's public announcement that she was NOT friends with Terri and that she has thought Terri was a liar for the past 7 years. No, I am sure Terri did not envision losing her baby girl, her home, her precious red mustang, her life being a SAHM and running to the gym, etc. She can kiss he teaching career good bye too. No school would even have her as a volunteer reading teacher, now.

She really did a good job screwing up her own life and God only knows what she's done with Kyron. Meanwhile Kaine and Desiree and the rest of Kyron's loved ones suffer immeasurably and the rest of us are just pizzed of...we want Kyron home too.

abbie

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

If she's guilty, she planned this, and whatever else may be going on, she hasn't confessed, been arrested, or indicted. I know Kaine and Desiree are hopeful she will be arrested, convicted, and sent to prison, but there's no assurance of that fact. If she planned this based on her CSI and Dexter knowledge, perhaps with the unwitting help of those shows, then of course she knew the risks of this turning into a media circus. I don't watch Dexter, but I watched CSI for years, and cases involving children very often generated news coverage within the context of the show.

By all accounts, Terri was an Internet junkie. She is aware of how the world works. She knew the score, IMHO.

I don't doubt that Terri didn't imagine the disappearance of a child from school would generate a lot of news, I think she thought she had her plan so cleverly constructed that she would never be a suspect, she would be someone that everyone had lots of sympathy for, etc. She'd never be polygraphed or questioned by LE, just maybe interviewed and have appearances at pressers where she would follow Desiree's lead, and wipe her nose with a tissue and try to look upset, cling to Kaine, cling to Desiree.....she never dreamed her MFH plot would be brought out in the news much less her sexting Kaines ex school-mate....ugh....she assumed everyone would "buy" her story that she drove her baby around for 90 minutes on back roads to soothe her earache, then took the baby to the gym daycare while she worked out for an hour. She did a lot of assuming. JMO

abbie
    Last edited by Kimster; 09-03-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast