If guilty, do you think things are going as planned for Terri?

LindseyLou

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of speculation about TH and her crime shows ("CSI") and murder mystery books. According to the facts of the case, this is a criminal investigation - but as far as we know LE has had a very hard time finding any evidence and/or info that solves the mystery of where Kyron is...

If she is guilty of criminal activity related to Kyron, is this all a part of Terri's plan? Do you think she is cool as a cucumber sitting in her parents house - because she planned this out so well that she knows she will never get caught? or do you think this has all blown up way bigger than she ever anticipated?

Just curious. :)

No, I don't think she anticipated the intense media coverage this case has generated.

With all of the children who go missing every year, the media only picks up on a handful. This happened to be one of them.

I do not think TMH anticipated that.

Respectully, I have no idea if TH thought her stepson's disappearance would get this amount of media coverage. However,she probably should have realized that it would : it is,as the FBI said, a "unique case ." Offhand, I can't think of another child who has disappeared from within a school, and is still missing after 3 months.This was pretty much guaranteed to be a huge case from the beginning, IMO...

All JMO

I think that - if she is indeed guilty - she had no idea it would pan out like this. I get the impression that she thought she was slicker than owl doody and could pull off something like this. But it didn't work out quite that way. Yes, she hasn't been charged - yet - and there has been no discovery of remains, but TH has been thrust under the microscope of the media and I don't think that was in her playbook at all.

If she's guilty, I am pretty sure she's experiencing a great deal of discomfort and is working on a mental health moment in the courts.

Did this go as she planned? Uh, I don't think so at all: no big lawsuit against the school; Kaine has their daughter, house, and the mustang; she's penniless and alone in her parents house with no means of electronic communication (no cellphone or computer) or a way to really entertain or soothe herself as far as we know; and she can't even get a workout at her favorite gym anymore. I can't imagine Terri was thinking that was going to happen. I think she was utterly convinced she could blame this on the school and have all the attention go to the school.

She never dreamed she wasn't smart enough to not get caught and that all the negative attention would be on her. She was thinking, instead, she'd be the very sympathized with stepmother, and would get nothing but positive attention on her. Oh, how wrong, how very, very wrong she was. I bet she is very uncomfortable in that home and wishes she could tear down the walls. I bet she is HATING how this turned out. I'm starting to wonder just what Houze told her to get her to cooperate with him. Did he guarantee he'd make this go away if she shut up and isolated herself?

Thank God LE is smarter than the average bear. Or in this case, the average Terri.

ETA: And if she's cold enough to sit there and think she can still get away with this, I have someone to introduce to her to. Her name is Casey Anthony.

Thanks for the thread LL...

I doubt she ever fathomed the intense media scrutiny in her wildest dreams. Now she's stuck in her parents' home. That has to drive anyone crazy, no matter how many visitors you receive

She can go nowhere without being publicly scrutinized, much less scorned.

I bet she expected to be out-and-about playing the victim and receiving tons of sympathy....JMO

No, I don't think she anticipated the intense media coverage this case has generated.

With all of the children who go missing every year, the media only picks up on a handful. This happened to be one of them.

I do not think TMH anticipated that.

I don't see why not. A child disappearing from school?

Thanks for the thread LL...

I doubt she ever fathomed the intense media scrutiny in her wildest dreams. Now she's stuck in her parents' home. That has to drive anyone crazy, no matter how many visitors you receive

She can go nowhere without being publicly scrutinized, much less scorned.

I bet she expected to be out-and-about playing the victim and receiving tons of sympathy....JMO

Thanks guys/girls for your input. My mind tends to wander and this topic in particular is one of the things I keep thinking about. Without knowing what LE knows...its hard to tell how much pressure they're putting on her besides just cramping her love &/or social life. I keep picturing her sitting in her parents house thinking "its the perfect crime they will never catch me". But after reading your posts about her being secluded from the world, I thought of something else... if things ARE going the way she planned all along...that wouldn't make sense according to her character. She wouldn't take this big of a personal hit just for revenge... I'm having an ephiphany. haha:woohoo:

Thanks guys/girls for your input. My mind tends to wander and this topic in particular is one of the things I keep thinking about. Without knowing what LE knows...its hard to tell how much pressure they're putting on her besides just cramping her love &/or social life. I keep picturing her sitting in her parents house thinking "its the perfect crime they will never catch me". But after reading your posts about her being secluded from the world, I thought of something else... if things ARE going the way she planned all along...that wouldn't make sense according to her character. She wouldn't take this big of a personal hit just for revenge... I'm having an ephiphany. haha:woohoo:

BBM

That's all I can conjure up too -- how many hours she must have on her hands now to think up a Plan B --

Honestly, the look on her face during that first tv appearance tells me she did not anticipate this. I remember thinking that she looked terrified but at that time I was not thinking she was guilty. Just could not figure out what that look meant. Now I'm afraid I do know what that look meant.

I think Terri thought that everyone would assume Kyron wandered off or was abducted by someone and taken out of the school, she did what she did to Kyron then went about her morning with baby K as if nothing was different. I am sure she never thought suspicion would quickly fall on her. She gave herself away, her body language, her MFH plot 6 months earlier, her narcissistic FB posts etc. All of us saw it and called her on it very early. Then came Desiree's public announcement that she was NOT friends with Terri and that she has thought Terri was a liar for the past 7 years. No, I am sure Terri did not envision losing her baby girl, her home, her precious red mustang, her life being a SAHM and running to the gym, etc. She can kiss he teaching career good bye too. No school would even have her as a volunteer reading teacher, now.

She really did a good job screwing up her own life and God only knows what she's done with Kyron. Meanwhile Kaine and Desiree and the rest of Kyron's loved ones suffer immeasurably and the rest of us are just pizzed of...we want Kyron home too.

abbie

If she's guilty, she planned this, and whatever else may be going on, she hasn't confessed, been arrested, or indicted. I know Kaine and Desiree are hopeful she will be arrested, convicted, and sent to prison, but there's no assurance of that fact. If she planned this based on her CSI and Dexter knowledge, perhaps with the unwitting help of those shows, then of course she knew the risks of this turning into a media circus. I don't watch Dexter, but I watched CSI for years, and cases involving children very often generated news coverage within the context of the show.

By all accounts, Terri was an Internet junkie. She is aware of how the world works. She knew the score, IMHO.

I don't doubt that Terri didn't imagine the disappearance of a child from school would generate a lot of news, I think she thought she had her plan so cleverly constructed that she would never be a suspect, she would be someone that everyone had lots of sympathy for, etc. She'd never be polygraphed or questioned by LE, just maybe interviewed and have appearances at pressers where she would follow Desiree's lead, and wipe her nose with a tissue and try to look upset, cling to Kaine, cling to Desiree.....she never dreamed her MFH plot would be brought out in the news much less her sexting Kaines ex school-mate....ugh....she assumed everyone would "buy" her story that she drove her baby around for 90 minutes on back roads to soothe her earache, then took the baby to the gym daycare while she worked out for an hour. She did a lot of assuming. JMO

abbie

IMO, Terri must've planned this and used the school knowing the blame would fall on the school. Talk about a devious plan!

At this point, she should be intelligent enough to realize the gig is up. There's a slim chance she may wiggle out of this, but I don't think so.

If she is guilty, no, of course this not what she imagined. If she had a plan and carried it out, she would have imagined quite a different ending, i.e. someone else charged, or at least suspected. But if she was capable of such a plan, one that so far has LE stymied, she should have been sharp enough to realize that she would be a suspect, if not the suspect. So that is confusing.

Also, if she could have "brought" Kyron back, I think she would have done so, and pointed to Kaine as the big bad reason she had to "save" Kyron. LE would have to investigate him, no matter how weak the charge, especially with Kaine's brother's history, which I would think Terri would be counting on, if this was a plan.

Did this go as she planned? Uh, I don't think so at all: no big lawsuit against the school; Kaine has their daughter, house, and the mustang; she's penniless and alone in her parents house with no means of electronic communication (no cellphone or computer) or a way to really entertain or soothe herself as far as we know; and she can't even get a workout at her favorite gym anymore. I can't imagine Terri was thinking that was going to happen. I think she was utterly convinced she could blame this on the school and have all the attention go to the school.

She never dreamed she wasn't smart enough to not get caught and that all the negative attention would be on her. She was thinking, instead, she'd be the very sympathized with stepmother, and would get nothing but positive attention on her. Oh, how wrong, how very, very wrong she was. I bet she is very uncomfortable in that home and wishes she could tear down the walls. I bet she is HATING how this turned out. I'm starting to wonder just what Houze told her to get her to cooperate with him. Did he guarantee he'd make this go away if she shut up and isolated herself?

Thank God LE is smarter than the average bear. Or in this case, the average Terri.

ETA: And if she's cold enough to sit there and think she can still get away with this, I have someone to introduce to her to. Her name is Casey Anthony.

[bbm]

just curious - why do you think she doesn't have a cell phone or computer?

I don't think she had any idea she would have to sit through more than one hour of cursory questioning the first day and wasn't prepared for anything other than the entire country feeling sorry for her.

She had her own husband fooled. She thought everyone else would be cake. And some of them were (the ones who bought batphones etc.).

IMO she's been a poser her entire life and doesn't know how to react when she can't manipulate someone, except, of course, to kill them. How could she possibly get to all those people blaming her on the blogs? Kinda hard to manipulate them and even harder to have them murdered. That's what the look of shock & terror was about - she knew the public wasn't buying it, she knew LE wasn't buying it, she knew Desiree & Tony probably weren't buying it and she realized she was in way over her coddled head.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back