Missing Person
Age at Report: 44
DOB: October 4, 1960
Weight: 170 lbs.
Height: 5' 07"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Incident Type: Endangered / physical
Missing From: Fort Dodge, IA (Webster County)
Missing Since: January 1, 2005

Gregory Howell was reported missing to the Fort Dodge Police Department on January 1, 2005.

Few details are available in his case.

If you have any information regarding this case, please contact the Fort Dodge Police Department at 515-573-2323.

Sources and References:

IDPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse
The Charley Project
From MyFortDodge.com - We Remember: Fort Dodge Cold Cases - Sept. 28, 2009

I can not find Gregory listed at Doe Network at this time.

He is *not* listed in NamUs at this time.

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-cold-case-090210,0,5126568.story

7:42 AM CDT, September 3, 2010

COLD CASE: Fort Dodge Police plan to re-open missing person case

Snipped:

Greg Howell of Fort Dodge had his demons. Crack. Cocaine. Heroin. And police say often times to pay for his drugs he would rob drug dealers.

But his family says he never deserved what he got...

...It was right around Christmas time in 2005 and Greg Howell had just come back from a big score, driving cross-country to buy methamphetamine in California to sell here. "As far as I know they did," Frank says, "And from what I've heard on the streets that it was high quality stuff. People were paying double what they pay around here. Everyone wanted it."

But Howell's family believes he got greedy and stole from the wrong person. "I think he was set up," Howell's ex-wife Julie Howell says, "The last time I saw him he said he was going to come into a lot of money that night. I think his friends set him up." ...

..Howell's family says Fort Dodge Police ignored their pleas for help and the department just wrote off the disappearance as another missing druggie. "Do your job. Do a better job. Do something," Frank says, "We couldn't even get them over to take a missing person report. I mean, c'mon...this is a person. Don't matter what he did in his time. He was a person. He was a brother. He was a dad. He was a son. I mean, they could at least try."

Also in the article it states that the family had to track down the drug friends themselves and they themselves were the ones that found Greg's car.

At Websleuths we see victims that through their life choices made them more vulnerable to crime.

However, I think we can all agree that no matter what your life choice is, murder is never justified and the anguish these families go through because not only was their loved one murdered but they aren't found either.

Prayers for Greg's family and may they find the answers they seek.

Greg has been missing a little over 5 years and just now LE will invesigate but grudgingly (according to article).

Come Home Soon Greg.

Attachments

• howell_gregory.bmp
    49.4 KB · Views: 4

Gregory Howell​

Missing from: Fort Dodge Iowa
Missing: January 1, 2005
Age at disappearance: 44
Date Of Birth: October 4, 1960
Height: 5’7″
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars, Marks, Tattoos: Caucasian male. Howell’s nickname is Gregg. He has a scar on his right cheek, scars near both eyes and a tattoo on his buttocks.

Details of Disappearance: He told his friends he was going out to meet someone and would be back in a few hours. He has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, the car he was driving was found locked and abandoned near Clare, Iowa. His coat was inside it, but the keys were missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back