1317 users online (260 members and 1057 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO -Abandoned Baby Found In KCMO

POSTED: 3:50 pm CDT September 3, 2010
    UPDATED: 7:20 pm CDT September 3, 2010

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A baby was found in a stroller with a note attached on Friday morning.

Kansas City police said they found the 10-month-old girl near 37th Street and Elmwood Avenue at about 9:20 a.m. Friday. Police said the note indicated that the baby has no home and the mother is in jail.

During the investigation, officers contacted a woman who was taking care of the child. The woman, who is not the baby's mother, was impaired and possibly under the influence of narcotics, police said. The woman was arrested not far from the intersection.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/24874809/detail.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Baby Girl Found Abandoned with a Note in Kansas City
    Meagan Kelleher, FOX 4 Web Producer
    4:26 PM CDT, September 3, 2010

KANSAS CITY - An abandoned baby girl was found at 37th and Elmwood in Kansas City on Friday. The nine to 10-month infant was found in a stroller and was taken to Children's Mercy Hospital as a precaution.

Kansas City Missouri Police found the baby around 9 a.m. on Friday with a note. The note that said, "Please take care of me."

Police contacted the woman taking care of the baby, who they found nearby, impaired and high on PCP. Police said that woman is not the mother of the child.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-baby...,7842592.story
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

So far this is all I could find on this babe.... How terrible ! Thank goodness some freak did not find her before police did.
    Prayers
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Poor Baby! Prayers that she is placed where she is loved.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

I hate to say this, as I'm sure that some people would think terribly unfair, but this is why i think that there should be some contact by child services when a parent goes to jail. It would tax an already overstressed system, but it would keep parents from leaving their children with PCP impaired "guardians" while they do their time.

I also hope that the mother has a nice long sentence, since she was the one that chose to leave her child with someone that used PCP and obviously had no sense of responsibility.

I'm so glad that this one had a happy ending, or little one could have been the next Sharon Marshall, if not just the next kidnapped/murdered child.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

My prayers of thanks to the babysitter that saw fit to leave her rather than harm her more. Guardian angels made sure she was found by the right person. Blesings

Abandoned Baby to be Reunited with Relatives
    Reported by: Rob Low Posted by Sarah Clark, Web Producer
    5:15 PM CDT, September 8, 2010

KANSAS CITY, MO - A baby girl abandoned on a Kansas City street corner last week will be reunited with relatives tomorrow. And FOX 4 has learned the child's grandmother, Monica Hall, has harsh words for state social workers and her own daughter.

Hall said she all but predicted her grand-daughter would be abandoned. She describes her daughter as a terrible mother, but perhaps worse, Hall said state social workers ignored her warnings.

The 13-month-old child, whose name is Miracle, was found on the corner of 37th and Elmwood Friday morning in a stroller with a note attached that said, "Someone please take care of me, my mom's in jail."

"You did not have to leave her on a corner because to me that was like putting the trash out, and my granddaughter is not trash," Hall said.

Hall's daughter was in jail and is now at Western Missouri, a state hospital for the mentally ill. Police said the mother left her daughter with a friend who then abandoned the girl on a street corner.

"For the last couple of years I've been trying to tell the state that my daughter was not a good mother, that she leaves her kids with any and everyone," said Hall.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-aban...,0,58712.story
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Thumbs up baby mirrical

Thanks for the concern we in kc love this girl and her child
    I know its late really late but both mom and daughter are ok wasnt
    Moms fault baby mimi was well taken care of by her mom
    Just think if you went to the store for diapers and food
    And lost every thing what they didn't say was she was also
    Taking care of the kids across the street due to their mom reminding her of. What she went through.

PS.thestorm is over you cant hurt a child of god we all bounce back in time

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkwitit View Post
    Thanks for the concern we in kc love this girl and her child
    I know its late really late but both mom and daughter are ok wasnt
    Moms fault baby mimi was well taken care of by her mom
    Just think if you went to the store for diapers and food
    And lost every thing what they didn't say was she was also
    Taking care of the kids across the street due to their mom reminding her of. What she went through.

PS.thestorm is over you cant hurt a child of god we all bounce back in time
    Welcome to WS Sikkwitit
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?