Found Deceased NY - Randy Nichols, 48, Elmira Heights, 31 Aug 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/story/Missing-Man-Update/QCcZISN4ZEWe0ne7T5XfRQ.cspx

Reported by: Jenelle Tortorella
Last Update: 9/03 5:48 pm

Elmira Heights, NY – WETM 18 News has been following a missing persons case this week out of Elmira Heights.

The wife of Randy Nichols, the 48 year old Elmira Heights man who has been missing for four days, reached out to her husband Friday.

“I love you no matter what. We’ve been together twenty years, nothing can keep us apart, you know that, you need to come home,” Claudia said.

The last confirmed sighting of Randy Nichols was on the Main St. bridge in Elmira around 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

The question on Nichols’ family and police officials minds is why?

We’re very close, that’s why this is a shock to the family. We don’t understand where he is,” said Claudia Nichols.

Elmira Heights Police Chief Rick Churches said the police department’s main concern is why someone would just leave unannounced like that, and not contact any family or friends.

Randy Nichols left his home at 2155 College Ave Tuesday afternoon to meet his mother at her home at Villa Serene Apartments; he never showed up. Nichols was also scheduled to work at Friendly’s Restaurant in Horseheads and didn’t show up.

Police and family members have been walking up and down the canal and other areas of the village because they know Nichols enjoyed spending time outside.

Claudia Nichols said her husband has gone missing before, but this time, it’s different.

She asked for the community to help in the search for her husband.

“I’ve got wonderful people helping me, but I need more. I need people who don’t know me to understand… to help,” she said.

Chief Churches at the Elmira Heights Police Department said if anyone has information on the disappearance of Randy Nichols or think you may have seen him to call 911 immediately.

You can also contact the Elmira Heights Police Department at 733-6580.

Story.jpg

Missing Women Found In Cleveland Spark Hope in Local Families with Missing Loved Ones

[snip]

"Randy was supposed to be headed to his mother's residence, this was back in August 2010 ... he never made it to his mother's residence and we don't know why,” said Churches.

[snip]

"We never forget about it. I think about Randy all the time and we are always hopeful they'll be a lead that comes in, discover what happened."

Randy's wife, Claudia, did not wish to go on camera. But she says recent events in Ohio have given her new hope. In fact, she remains living in Elmira Heights so she'll be here when Randy gets home.

More: http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/st...and-Spark-Hope-in/0eTnsiUVLUaqX4R4Mi0pLQ.cspx

still missing:

Randy Nichols, 48, left his home on College Avenue in Elmira Heights on Aug. 31, 2010, to walk a short distance to his mother's apartment on Villa Serene, but he never arrived. He has tattoos on each shoulder, both in green ink: a bulldog head on the left and the name "Carlene" on the right. Today, he would be 53.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...ll-missing-tier-residents-yet-found/96158908/

"Nearly nine years ago, Randy Nichols left his Elmira Heights home on foot to visit his mother and was never seen or heard from again.

Now authorities have finally solved the mystery — at least regarding where Nichols ended up. Police have confirmed human remains found in April in the Town of Horseheads are those of Nichols...

The investigation revealed no evidence of foul play, he said. Churches did not say what did happen to Nichols or how he ended up in Horseheads."

Human remains confirmed as Elmira Heights man missing since 2010

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back