Text meant for drug dealer sent to Sheriff

Noway

Montana
Reaction score
Text meant for drug dealer sent to sheriff

A Helena teen sent out a text message last week looking to buy marijuana, only instead of texting the drug dealer, he hit a wrong number.

Who received it?

The Lewis and Clark County sheriff.

The text message said: “Hey Dawg, do you have a $20 I can buy right now?”

Sheriff Leo Dutton initially thought someone was playing a joke on him, but quickly realized it was a real request for a drug exchange.

“I’m thinking, ‘Hey this is odd,’ ” Dutton said. “I was looking around to see if there was someone outside my window playing a prank.”

He played along as if it were legitimate. “How much we talking?” Dutton replied to the teen.

More at http://helenair.com/news/article_6ad33f8a-b723-11df-bf48-001cc4c03286.html

This is going to go on "Worlds Dumbest Criminals".

Priceless. And funny.

I wonder if these kids still have free use of a cell phone.

VB

Who sends texts for drugs when they are with their dad?

from the above link: Dutton said the young boys turned white and their knees began to wobble. The group went outside to discuss the issue further and one of the teens passed out.

OMG, I could only imagine dads face watching his teenager pass out when facing the law.

I was hoping LE would find the dealer, hopefully they did, perhaps it just wasn't reported.

Why would they arrange to meet the dealer and bring one of their dad's along? How do they know the dad was not involved? Sounds fishy to me.

Why would they arrange to meet the dealer and bring one of their dad's along? How do they know the dad was not involved? Sounds fishy to me.

LE likely has enough experience to recognize reactions. If the teens were acting so bizzarly, and dad looked clearly perplexed on why the teens were reacting as they were he probably didn't set off any red flags for LE. Think about teens, how many think they can pull off stuff thinking their parents are oblivious? That was probably the mindset of these teens around dad....

jmo

Still is weird. They said they were near his house and agreed to meet at a business, I wonder who suggested the business? if it were the cop, i'd think, why have a parent take you really? I mean I guess I could see it...but if they were already there, yes I think they might have just thought they'd be able to get away with it. go outside for a minute while dad was somewhere when they got a call or text?

To go along with this I can share a little trick my girlfriend did a few years ago when her son was on drugs. It was way heavier than pot.

Beepers. My friend kept seeing call after call in succession on her cell bill which her son shared. It was a beeper. The dealers beeper. My poor friend was just so done with it all. Way beyond exhausted and sick with worry and she was going to beep herself and tell the guy to cut her kid off or else. But then....................................

She got the number of the local precinct's drug enforcement. She beeps the guy with that number. The dealer calls it and probably about went in his pants when he heard "Narcotics, Sgt. Illlockyourtailup". My friend waited an hour or so. Called from her son's cell and told her she did it and if he dealt to her kid one more time he'd be meeting that Sgt. Cut the kid off right there and then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back