735 users online (94 members and 641 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kaine creates Kyron Horman Foundation

besides finding the new site, Kaine Horman and Young helped with a fundraiser Wednesday at 12 Godfather's Pizza locations in the Portland area. Bracelets and gift baskets were sold, and Godfather's Pizza donated 25 percent of the day's sales, raising $14,000. On Friday, Godfather's co-owner Pat Cahill gave an $8,000 check to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office for search and rescue efforts.

The rest went to Kaine Horman for the newly created Kyron Horman Foundation, which he established to pay for other fundraisers, fliers, bracelets and whatever else is needed to raise awareness about his son.

Horman said that once Kyron comes home he wants to use the foundation to help other families pay for fliers and other forms of support when their children disappear, as Kyron did.

"It was a struggle for us," Horman said. "There was so much that was overwhelming. I want to go out there and help them."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._out_hope.html

I wonder if those were Kaine's exact words......."It was a struggle for us"?
    Was ? It sounds like Kyron has been found. I would think it is still a struggle not was a struggle sounds strange.

Will this help with a reward for finding KYRON?
    for info leading to finding KYRON?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

So Kaine' foundation got $14,000.00.

Kaine, please, please, hire a top-notch detective. Get a fresh of set of eyes in there and find Kyron!

Okay I am going to say this. I think that there are getting to be too many foundations set up when a loved one goes missing. It just isn't realistic that a foundation can be set up everytime a person goes missing. Why not put the resources towards a foundation that is established. For example, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Texas Equusearch and Polly Klaas Foundation to name just a few. jmo
    Last edited by RubyRed; 09-04-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade2010 View Post
    So Kaine' foundation got $14,000.00.

Kaine, please, please, hire a top-notch detective. Get a fresh of set of eyes in there and find Kyron!
    Kaine's foundation would have got six grand.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Will this help with a reward for finding KYRON?
    for info leading to finding KYRON?
    There already is a $50,000 reward for Kyron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylou View Post
    I wonder if those were Kaine's exact words......."It was a struggle for us"?
    Was ? It sounds like Kyron has been found. I would think it is still a struggle not was a struggle sounds strange.
    I think he means it was a struggle in the beginning to get posters, bracelets, t-shirts, etc set up to be made and paid for. Most people wouldn't know how to even get started on that process when they are unexpectedly thrown into it. A foundation could help them.

I'm still very concerned about the "was" line. It is shown in quotes, so if Kaine did not use those exact words I hope he has phoned his attorney. This is a terrible comment, either way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I think he means it was a struggle in the beginning to get posters, bracelets, t-shirts, etc set up to be made and paid for. Most people wouldn't know how to even get started on that process when they are unexpectedly thrown into it. A foundation could help them.
    Steadfast, you are always so wise, thanks for calming me down. My only excuse for jumping to conclusions is I am trying to wean myself off of pain pills. These junky things have so messed with my system, its not funny.
    I can say that I felt normal for about 15 minutes this morning, and that is a first since surgery on June 30th, after that it was all downhill. I apologize to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
    i think he means it was a struggle in the beginning to get posters, bracelets, t-shirts, etc set up to be made and paid for. Most people wouldn't know how to even get started on that process when they are unexpectedly thrown into it. A foundation could help them.
    I agree!
    Last edited by KeenEyes; 09-04-2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: deleted acronym that was changing case on its own

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow,
    but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. óAgatha Christie

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Okay I am going to say this. I think that there are getting to be too many foundations set up when a loved one goes missing. It just isn't realistic that a foundation can be set up everytime a person goes missing. Why not put the resources towards a foundation that is established. For example, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Texas Equusearch and Polly Klaas Foundation to name just a few. jmo
    Amen Ruby! I do understand setting up a foundation for a scholarship, but boy are there a gazillion foundations out there.

I agree that the NCFM+EC and TES are both great foundations, and the only 2 I donate too. Marc Klass has a good one too. But a great foundation has to have loads of resources to help find missing children.

"it was a struggle for us". It still is, and will continue to be. I hope the wording was just quirky.

MOO

Mel

Okay, I'm going to say it - I'm a bit perturbed. Wasn't it said for many days before and right after the pizza fundraiser that the money raised was going to Multnomah County for the SAR team (or similar)?

IMO, all 14k should have went to where they said it was going. When they divide it up after the fact, I think that's wrong. Not that I have issue with Kaine's new foundation. But the money should have went where it was promised it was going, not divided up after the fact.
    MOO and all that jazz.

Reading the 'headline' to this post my mind did a flip. I associate foundations with people who are deceased/missing for a VERY long time.

I don't know. It seems quirky to me that on one hand the family is buying school supplies for him and on the other hand naming foundations after him.

IDK just me and my mental associations with the word 'foundation'
    Moo, moo, moo...I moo but don't call me a cow!

Please don't take what I say personal...internet speak is hard to become fluent in! Please know that unless I state otherwise everything I say is because I want to further the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    It just might mean that each parent of a missing child thinks and feels that at the time, their child is the most important thing to them in the world and therefor wanting to help others as which is natural when a parent loses a child. There would be no foundations if this were not the case. Look at what Mr. Walsh has done and Jessica Lunsfords daddy. They are out there changing laws.... yay for them. I say whatever will help the children.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast