How can the local community help find Haleigh now?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Because I happened to meet Leah's mom on WS, I've been following her case. She was murdered ten years ago and her mother AND the community never gave up! I was inspired to start this thread because of this post on another thread: .

BBM....IMO...If they think that Haleigh is STILL ALIVE...Why aren't they STILL..holding vigils/media coverage pleading for her return/INCREASED Reward money/hiring P.I. to look for her/search parties out looking/activity in finding her ....Since these players have been arrested and in jail, TN and her relatives have been silent and inactive towards the recovery efforts of Haleigh...They can say they believe she is STILL ALIVE..but their actions say otherwise...they all refer to her...in the PAST TENSE..PLUE...the statement Ron made as he fell to his knees.......I would give my life to have my child's life BACK again.. all too telling...
KWIM??...all in my own opinion..

Read what Leah's community did for her for ten long years:

“I hadn’t lived here a month before I heard, ‘We have an unsolved murder here,’ ” Geddry said.

Partly, Geddry said, that’s because it’s a small town, with 4,200 people and two stoplights. But what also kept the case alive in Coquille was the community’s growing frustration with its police department, over the Freeman murder and other issues. Some felt that Freeman’s family wasn’t getting justice because it wasn’t prominent enough, that they were just “little people,” Geddry said.

“Eventually, the little people stood up,” she said. “There was this uproar, uprising.” <snipped>

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cm...4065-46/leah-case-coquille-freeman-police.csp

There were a lot of variables that helped secure an arrest of the perp just last month - after ten years!

In comparison, the community where the Wix girls went missing has no motivation at all after just 6 years.

What can the community do to keep Haleigh in the forefront? And is there anything non-locals can do to help keep her case alive?

Maybe they should put out survey forms like they did in Kyrons case.

Remember to vote for a Gerber baby everyday!

I think this case is alot more complex than your say typical non-family child abduction case. There are too many unanswered questions regarding the possibly criminal involvement of and/or knowledge, before or after the fact, by family members. Not only due to just this, the rumors of/or rampant drug use by family members themselves and/or close associates and the already existing rumors surrounding misappropriations of prior donations (trucks, tatt's, cigs, etc.), it's unlikely that enough of the public could come together peacably, in a joint effort to help raise or donate money for the cause. Sadly, another issue would be underlying motives/agendas surrounding those who were involved(organizers/coordinators/facilitators/etc.). It needs to be individuals who are in it to find the truth - no matter where (or to who...) that truth leads, people who don't discuss the details of their involvement online on message boards and forums, and people who do not form personal relationships with any of the case players effecting their ability to remain nonbaised - in other words, it would take a group of individuals who had a whole lot of ethics and sadly I haven't seen too much of that in this case! JMO ~

I would like to hear from members of the community. In the beginning, neighbors and others who were questioned were asked by LE to keep quiet. That makes sense up to a point but at this late date, they should all talk among themselves and with the press, about what they might have seen or heard. If LE asked individuals or groups of individuals to keep quiet one would think it is because there was something they could say...now is the time to say it.

Keep Haleigh's name out there. Keep hounding LE. Write letters to the editor or contact press in surrounding counties if local press will not assist. Moving on and allowing this case to remain cold is just what the perps want. I would like to see someone step up to the plate for this child.

JMO.

I would like to hear from members of the community. In the beginning, neighbors and others who were questioned were asked by LE to keep quiet. That makes sense up to a point but at this late date, they should all talk among themselves and with the press, about what they might have seen or heard. If LE asked individuals or groups of individuals to keep quiet one would think it is because there was something they could say...now is the time to say it.

Keep Haleigh's name out there. Keep hounding LE. Write letters to the editor or contact press in surrounding counties if local press will not assist. Moving on and allowing this case to remain cold is just what the perps want. I would like to see someone step up to the plate for this child.

JMO.

I agree with you 100%. I think that people are afraid of being involved in this circus. I think that they are afraid that something in their lives will be displayed for all the world to see and therefore they keep their mouths shut. This is a sad situation. I hope that someone will at least call in and remain unknown but give the information needed to solve this case...........

I think this case is alot more complex than your say typical non-family child abduction case. There are too many unanswered questions regarding the possibly criminal involvement of and/or knowledge, before or after the fact, by family members. Not only due to just this, the rumors of/or rampant drug use by family members themselves and/or close associates and the already existing rumors surrounding misappropriations of prior donations (trucks, tatt's, cigs, etc.), it's unlikely that enough of the public could come together peacably, in a joint effort to help raise or donate money for the cause. Sadly, another issue would be underlying motives/agendas surrounding those who were involved(organizers/coordinators/facilitators/etc.). It needs to be individuals who are in it to find the truth - no matter where (or to who...) that truth leads, people who don't discuss the details of their involvement online on message boards and forums, and people who do not form personal relationships with any of the case players effecting their ability to remain nonbaised - in other words, it would take a group of individuals who had a whole lot of ethics and sadly I haven't seen too much of that in this case! JMO ~

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Thanks just wasn't enough. You are so absolutely correct in your acknowledgement of the problems hindering this investigation and search for Haleigh.

Exactly! Get some real investigators on this case--private or otherwise. I would like to see Mark Fuhrman looking into this. What Haleigh has had are the likes of AH, NG, KP and a few others with an agenda far removed from justice for a missing 5-year-old.

What Haleigh needs is for someone unbiased and not easily intimidated to come in and work this case. Also, I would love to hear Tim Miller elaborate on his statement about things in the case not being as they seem.

ETA: Members of the community could be instrumental in making something happen. They could organize to ask Fuhrman to look into things; he may or may not accept but no one will ever know til they try.

I reckon most locals feel like they know what happened and are too discouraged by the lack of movement to speak out.

I hope this isn't true, but there's a nagging part of me that thinks it is. LE made it very clear early on, that they didn't appreciate outside help. Sent some searchers on their way, told townspeople to not search for Haleigh, & told the 2 sides of the family, to not communicate. I don't get this now, any more than I did then. The only thing that makes sense to me is #1, they're scared of the truth, or #2, they don't want somebody else getting credit for finding Haleigh, or solving this case. IMO, it looks like LE has made this about their own egos. So...I honestly don't think the community would be allowed to do anything. & really...i think residents have probably tried, but been turned back. MOO.

I reckon most locals feel like they know what happened and are too discouraged by the lack of movement to speak out.

I agree.

But...there is strength in numbers and many voices speak louder than one. Concerned citizens could organize and speak out as a group. Regardless of how rampant crime may be in that area, I cannot believe there are no concerned citizens there.

Exactly! Get some real investigators on this case--private or otherwise. I would like to see Mark Fuhrman looking into this. What Haleigh has had are the likes of AH, NG, KP and a few others with an agenda far removed from justice for a missing 5-year-old.

What Haleigh needs is for someone unbiased and not easily intimidated to come in and work this case. Also, I would love to hear Tim Miller elaborate on his statement about things in the case not being as they seem.

ETA: Members of the community could be instrumental in making something happen. They could organize to ask Fuhrman to look into things; he may or may not accept but no one will ever know til they try.

You are absolutely correct! The quality or lack of quality dictated what has come out about this case which is absolutely nothing of value. The FBI needs to come in and take over this case, already!!!!!!!!!! If the SA is worth an ounce of salt he would request the FBI's assistance to bring this case to a close. I think that he is afraid of what might be exposed in an outside investigation. This is pathetic.

I reckon the concerned citizens in that area recognize that what happened to Haleigh is unlikely to happen again. Coupled with the fact that so many people are in jail I reckon the concerned citizens in that area feel like it's a better place to live since Haleigh disappeared.

I agree.

But...there is strength in numbers and many voices speak louder than one. Concerned citizens could organize and speak out as a group. Regardless of how rampant crime may be in that area, I cannot believe there are no concerned citizens there.

The people in that area are much too afraid to stir the pot. They just want to hide away and wait for the news to just fade away. Pathetic!

IMO, when the victim of a crime is a minor under a certain age, the FBI should get involved automatically. There should be no reqirement for an 'invitation' from local LE in such cases. And when you think about it, that requirement is ludicrous anyway since local LE will not invite the FBI in on any case if that local LE has something to hide. And that is a sad state of affairs for innocent victims, which goes double when the victim is a child.

As most of you can tell, I'm disgusted with the lack of results on this case. It is a known fact, just by the arrest record, that Ron Cummings is a wanna be . So why isn't the neighborhood willing to expose his activities and contribute toward solving Haleigh's case. It is a real sad day when the neighbors and community can not come forward and offer what they know to help find an innocent, little girl. FGS, get some ................

Sending Tim Miller and his team away gave me great pause. Why?

IMO, when the victim of a crime is a minor under a certain age, the FBI should get involved automatically. There should be no reqirement for an 'invitation' from local LE in such cases. And when you think about it, that requirement is ludicrous anyway since local LE will not invite the FBI in on any case if that local LE has something to hide. And that is a sad state of affairs for innocent victims, which goes double when the victim is a child.

BINGO! You got it. The absolute only reason that they want Tim Miller, Cobra and the FBI to get the hell out of Satsuma is because there is stink involved. I'm very versed in what happens in a location where LE is worse than the criminal that they are suppose to be investigating. Yes, I'm tired of it.

If her dad was even remotely -ish it is the nature of his surroundings/environment to stay silent. Haleigh was never courted by the press like other children are.

The people in that area are much too afraid to stir the pot. They just want to hide away and wait for the news to just fade away. Pathetic!

You are probably right about that.

The thread is about what the community can do and I believe that they could do a lot. Unfortunately, it has looked and continues to look as though they will do nothing.

Citizens are no doubt afraid to stir the pot, but I'm sorry, it is a pot that needs to be stirred! If they cannot be directly involved or cannot speak openly due to some fear (that could be very real, IMO) they need to confide in someone outside of the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back