680 users online (94 members and 586 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010.09.05 - Casey Anthony Trial Will Nolonger Be Shown in Canada!!!

Last week, I noticed that Court TV Canada was not playing the usual In Session program (missed Vinnie!) and being too busy to look deeper into WHY, simply assumed that there was some sort of event in the US that pre-empted "my" show.

Today, I actually took the time to find out why. COURT TV CANADA is rebranding itself to INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY and is removing live court coverage as part of its format!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH why are they doing this to me?

Yes, I realize that I can watch court coverage live online, but it isn't as complete in other coverage and indepth comments.

I was so upset that I actually did the "Canadian thing" and wrote them an email expressing my disappointment (comments@investigationdiscovery.ca).

A tradition has been ripped away from us. Who can forget watching OJ, Michael, Phil, Sadam, Linday, and Casey...live and in the courtroom with the drama hanging on every word! Famous trials that have formed our pop culture and history!!!

I guess I am opening this thread to thank all of the contributing members here and to put you on notice that your Canadian friends will be hanging on every word and news we get...because this is probably the ONLY place we are going to get it!

Thanks again!
    It's the journey, not the destination.

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
    Last week, I noticed that Court TV Canada was not playing the usual In Session program (missed Vinnie!) and being too busy to look deeper into WHY, simply assumed that there was some sort of event in the US that pre-empted "my" show.

Today, I actually took the time to find out why. COURT TV CANADA is rebranding itself to INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY and is removing live court coverage as part of its format!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH why are they doing this to me?

Yes, I realize that I can watch court coverage live online, but it isn't as complete in other coverage and indepth comments.

I was so upset that I actually did the "Canadian thing" and wrote them an email expressing my disappointment (comments@investigationdiscovery.ca).

A tradition has been ripped away from us. Who can forget watching OJ, Michael, Phil, Sadam, Linday, and Casey...live and in the courtroom with the drama hanging on every word! Famous trials that have formed our pop culture and history!!!

I guess I am opening this thread to thank all of the contributing members here and to put you on notice that your Canadian friends will be hanging on every word and news we get...because this is probably the ONLY place we are going to get it!

Thanks again!
    Can you watch it online @ their website? Maybe on Hulu?

Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction

"Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

RIP Caylee Marie

Perhaps a really kind american will live stream the coverage via Justintv? *begging*

Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    Can you watch it online @ their website? Maybe on Hulu?
    No, the internet won't allow canadians to view their programming online via their websites

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jomo View Post

Thanks again!
    JOMO I just fired them an email expressing my displeasure.

Calling all Canadians to do the same if we want our Court TV back

Quote Originally Posted by sedna99 View Post

-------------------------
    If you want to row across to Ohio I have a spare room.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

Quote Originally Posted by sumbunny View Post
    Perhaps a really kind american will live stream the coverage via Justintv? *begging*
    -----------
    If I knew how to do it I would in a minute. I have the time just dumb.I feel so sorry for all of you and that is the truth,this is an injustice to all Canadians.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

I know how sad you are. Here, they took the music out of mtv and gave us Snookie instead.

Won't any of the local Orlando TV Stations be streaming the trial live once it starts; like we have seen they hearings so far?

I sure hope so, cause I don't have court/truTV on our cable, and, this will be my only way of watching the trial when it starts, short of going to Florida and camping out in the parking garage of the court house ~!!

Are we SURE Court TV/In Session is going to carry it in the US? May be planning vacation around it!!!

Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)
    DANG---- a whole COUNTRY ostrazizing(sp) the freakish family and trial....

lol...thy must be sick to death of the MOUTH OF THE SOUTH;;;LOL

shunned eh?

But i know the AMAZING WEBSLUTHS will do their bestestest... to bring u all the news good, bad or
    ulgy.

www.givesmehope.com

Short, sweet, tear jerking 4-5 line stories one MUST read after reading true crime.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2135947-no-u...nse-is-expired

Hiliarous tribute to Kathy B... OMG too funny

I sent one also.

Wow, that stinks!

I remember CourtTV used to have discussion boards almost like this one back in the time of the Madeleine McCann case, lots of very good discussion and nice people on the Madeleine board at that time (maybe some of you guys ). I didn't know about Websleuths yet back then, if WS was already here then I'm sure it was even better here. I did see a Madeleine board here much later when I came to know about WS because of Caylee's case, and everyone in that discussion was super.
    But anyway, I was following Madeleine's case on the CourtTV discussion board back then and then suddenly one day we learned that the channel or message boards had been bought out and turned into "TrueTV" or something, and the discussions were abruptly closed and no more coverage of Madeleine's case whatsoever. The programming also changed suddenly, to horrible stuff like "worst accidents video" and "most out of control riots" type programs, and the rest seemed to be boring programs, dramatizations of how people broke into banks, etc. It was such a shame. I can't remember if what we have on TV here now is still called TrueTV. I have seen InSession there though and it's good, I love the moderator. Though I would prefer to be able to just watch trials rather than having it interrupted by panelists discussing the trials, more like the old days, but the main guy is good.

Well, I do hope you (and all of us) can watch the trial live on the wesh or wftv or fox websites, hopefully entire footage will also be posted on youtube but I know you guys will want to see it live.
    Last edited by seagull65; 09-07-2010 at 08:33 AM.

On one of the recent Jane Valez Mitchell's, or maybe it was on InSession during the coverage of the last hearing, a caller did ask if the trial would be televised, the host threw the question over to Jean Casarez who said that the Judge has allowed cameras into the courtroom and yes, indeed, InSession would be covering the trial. She didn't specify US only, or "except for Canada", but she did say it would be covered. This was just about a week or two ago I heard her say it.

I'm so sorry about this for Canada. It's like every time they come out with a decent flavor of Doritos, they stop selling it in New Jersey and I have to beg friends from California to mail me some.

Quote Originally Posted by sedna99 View Post

I'll do the same although I don't have the extended cable for Court TV, I may decide to by May.

Mystic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast