If LE had been more forthcoming in the early days...

cluciano63

Reaction score
and less secretive, might there have been a better chance of a solution in this case by now? If they had revealed a timeline, explained Terri's movements, asked for witnesses (to those movements) back in early June. perhaps created and displayed a diagram of the parking lot complete with vehicles, etc....instead of backtracking on times of sightings, refusing to answer almost any questions, and practically ceasing all communication with the public and media?

No one can know for sure, but it seems to me that little would have been lost as far as the "integrity of the investigation" if LE had been more open about what info they did have and what they needed help with, much earlier on. Building a case is one thing, something usually done once the missing person is found or at least later on in the investigation, but this case it seems to have been a priority from the start. Finding Kyron seems to have become almost incidental to the supreme importance of tying up their case. I fear that they lost fresh memories that can never be restored and could possibly have led to locations as yet unknown.

I have to agree with you. I defended their need to keep some information to themselves (and still do) but I fail to see how releasing this >2 months later can do anything but muddy the waters. I also think that with what they have released, and by waiting that long, they're certainly not going to get the unbiased tips they claim to want.

I also think it would have been helpful if Kaine and Desiree had not waited as long as they did to speak to the media. An immediate plea for their son's return might have convinced the perp/perps that they were not going to get away with the removal of Kyron from his family for whatever reasons they deemed appropriate and necessary. I can't imagine that LE would not have allowed distraught parents to make attempts to get their missing child back. jmo

It comes to mind, and this probably can go on the "unusual" thread.....that LE has spent and continues to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to verify Terri's alibi. Is that typical? Don't they typically say to a "de facto suspect" "Hey, you don't have an alibi and therefore you are a suspect." Why have they put so much effort into trying to verify Terri's whereabouts? Isn't that for her attorney to do, find people who will corroborate her story?

It comes to mind, and this probably can go on the "unusual" thread.....that LE has spent and continues to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to verify Terri's alibi. Is that typical? Don't they typically say to a "de facto suspect" "Hey, you don't have an alibi and therefore you are a suspect." Why have they put so much effort into trying to verify Terri's whereabouts? Isn't that for her attorney to do, find people who will corroborate her story?

I think her alibi is a problem for LE, as the parts that can be verified seem to have been verified. They are seeking witnesses to the "holes" in the alibi. But doing it this late, instead of when they got the info three months ago, seems almost futile. But yes, as you said, it does seem as though usually the defense is the one working on confirming alibis.

IMO LE has done a very good job in their investigation.
The original flier they came out with, IMO was from a person that saw the truck and possibly Terri and Kyron, in a different location, that Terry told LE where she parked when she arrived at the school.
LE wants people to tell what they saw that morning, without the power of suggestion. IMO the second flier they came out with, IMO was a little more info, about what they had already been told.
I don't think they just pulled it out of their hat's as to the locations of The Horman truck at the FM stores, IMO they have it on surveillance video.
LE, IMO, is never going to tell the public, what they have in the way of evidence in a case, they want as many people to tell them what they saw to corroborate what other people have told them.
It is up to LE to figure out Terri's time line, as to what she told them, if something sounds hinky to them, they are going to look into everything she has told them.
As far as TP's statement's that he made to the press, it meerly said he saw Kyron that morning, no times, nor that he saw Kyron in the class, after 8:45, 9:00. As far as him telling, about what the chaperon said to the tracher, IMO, there had to of been other students there, the teacher and the chaperon, to tell LE what happened. IMO TP, the teacher and the chaperone were not the only ones present at the time.
IMO LE has not botched this case, nor should they have given more information to the public than they did. MOO

and less secretive, might there have been a better chance of a solution in this case by now? If they had revealed a timeline, explained Terri's movements, asked for witnesses (to those movements) back in early June. perhaps created and displayed a diagram of the parking lot complete with vehicles, etc....instead of backtracking on times of sightings, refusing to answer almost any questions, and practically ceasing all communication with the public and media?

No one can know for sure, but it seems to me that little would have been lost as far as the "integrity of the investigation" if LE had been more open about what info they did have and what they needed help with, much earlier on. Building a case is one thing, something usually done once the missing person is found or at least later on in the investigation, but this case it seems to have been a priority from the start. Finding Kyron seems to have become almost incidental to the supreme importance of tying up their case. I fear that they lost fresh memories that can never be restored and could possibly have led to locations as yet unknown.

It's frustrating to ponder this... My worry is that they gave Desiree's suspicions of Terri more weight because her husband is in LE... moo

IMO LE has done a very good job in their investigation.
The original flier they came out with, IMO was from a person that saw the truck and possibly Terri and Kyron, in a different location, that Terry told LE where she parked when she arrived at the school.
LE wants people to tell what they saw that morning, without the power of suggestion. IMO the second flier they came out with, IMO was a little more info, about what they had already been told.
I don't think they just pulled it out of their hat's as to the locations of The Horman truck at the FM stores, IMO they have it on surveillance video.
LE, IMO, is never going to tell the public, what they have in the way of evidence in a case, they want as many people to tell them what they saw to corroborate what other people have told them.
It is up to LE to figure out Terri's time line, as to what she told them, if something sounds hinky to them, they are going to look into everything she has told them.
As far as TP's statement's that he made to the press, it meerly said he saw Kyron that morning, no times, nor that he saw Kyron in the class, after 8:45, 9:00. As far as him telling, about what the chaperon said to the tracher, IMO, there had to of been other students there, the teacher and the chaperon, to tell LE what happened. IMO TP, the teacher and the chaperone were not the only ones present at the time.
IMO LE has not botched this case, nor should they have given more information to the public than they did. MOO

While I can see your point of view, I respectfully disagree.
Fliers themselves in my opinion are very 'suggestive' of what LE is wanting to know. The first flier came out in the immediate aftermath and featured TH-which in my mind I would take to mean "hey, I thought I saw a purple man with green hair with a child that kinda looked like Kyron-BUT LE already knows who did it, so that must have not been him".

Furthermore, due to the 'please don't talk to the media' that has been going on we have heard from VERY FEW people at the school. Correct me if I am wrong, but TP never said that asking about Kyron occurred just between him, the chaperone, and the teacher-just that in his story they are the main players.

We know from the leaked e-mails that TH had a/her timeline down immediately afterwards. IF LE had focused on corroborating that timeline then people wouldn't have been asked 2< to remember where they parked at a grocery store.

Maybe LE really did think that she would 'roll over' quickly and wouldn't need to do as much field work. BUT from what has been shown to me in the media, IF LE had been more forthcoming in the beginning TH could have been ruled out or arrested sooner.

It's frustrating to ponder this... My worry is that they gave Desiree's suspicions of Terri more weight because her husband is in LE... moo

This.

My thoughts:
LE is sadly up a creek w/out a paddle-and you know which creek. I believe this because, of the asking for information more than 2 months in that people had no real reason to remember. I believe that LE focused on TH (maybe with good reason) from the very beginning. And instead of focusing on her by process of elimination (parking lot charts at the school, ect.) she was suspect #1 from the very beginning. Maybe she did it, but if she didn't I believe that the sole focus on her has allowed the real culprit to get away. Where would they even start if it wasn't TH?

Solely in my opinion, LE isn't more forthcoming because, quite frankly their isn't much to be forthcoming about. Like a losing game of clue, they think they know who dunit, but they don't know where, when (oops 90 minute timeframe), or why.

I believe they hinged too much on the alleged MFH plot and TH. JMO.

Absolutely...

Why did they not ask for witnesses of Terri's alibi and truck in the parking lot in the days after June 4th? Noone is going to remember details that insignificant after 2 months. It makes no sense whatsoever.

While I can see your point of view, I respectfully disagree.
Fliers themselves in my opinion are very 'suggestive' of what LE is wanting to know. The first flier came out in the immediate aftermath and featured TH-which in my mind I would take to mean "hey, I thought I saw a purple man with green hair with a child that kinda looked like Kyron-BUT LE already knows who did it, so that must have not been him".

Furthermore, due to the 'please don't talk to the media' that has been going on we have heard from VERY FEW people at the school. Correct me if I am wrong, but TP never said that asking about Kyron occurred just between him, the chaperone, and the teacher-just that in his story they are the main players.

We know from the leaked e-mails that TH had a/her timeline down immediately afterwards. IF LE had focused on corroborating that timeline then people wouldn't have been asked 2< to remember where they parked at a grocery store.

Maybe LE really did think that she would 'roll over' quickly and wouldn't need to do as much field work. BUT from what has been shown to me in the media, IF LE had been more forthcoming in the beginning TH could have been ruled out or arrested sooner.

This.

My thoughts:
LE is sadly up a creek w/out a paddle-and you know which creek. I believe this because, of the asking for information more than 2 months in that people had no real reason to remember. I believe that LE focused on TH (maybe with good reason) from the very beginning. And instead of focusing on her by process of elimination (parking lot charts at the school, ect.) she was suspect #1 from the very beginning. Maybe she did it, but if she didn't I believe that the sole focus on her has allowed the real culprit to get away. Where would they even start if it wasn't TH?

Solely in my opinion, LE isn't more forthcoming because, quite frankly their isn't much to be forthcoming about. Like a losing game of clue, they think they know who dunit, but they don't know where, when (oops 90 minute timeframe), or why.

I believe they hinged too much on the alleged MFH plot and TH. JMO.

As I stated, I think LE came out with the first flier, because, IMO that they already had a witness, from the interviews conducted, at the school, on the 5th and 6th. IMO the people being interviewed had no idea what LE thought at that time, they just told LE what they witnessed.
If in fact, someone saw Kyron by the truck, with possibly Terri, at a time later than what Terri had told them, what was LE supposed to do with that information, ignore it? If in fact LE feels as though Terri left the school that day with Kyron, LE doesn't know what happened to him after they left the school, only that he is gone. IMO, LE knows Terri took Kyron, but doesn't know what she did with him. They didn't arrest her right away for kidnapping, or custodial interference, because their main goal is to find Kyron.
The only reason I mentioned TP is because some people think that LE ignored what he said, IMO, they didn't, because every one, as far as we know, were interviewed, they just didnt go to the media with their story.
As far as her time line, IMO, LE doesn't disbelieve her, that she was in those stores, just the fact, they were trying to find out if any one might have seen Kyron with her. After she left the 2nd FM, I would think LE has a pretty accurate time she left, and a pretty accurate time she checked in to the gym, with babyK. IMO this is the time they are questioning, and it could very well be more than 90 minutes, or just a few minutes, Terry claims to be driving to sooth or put the baby to sleep.

I think they spent their time trying to disprove her alibi. I think they put 99% of their efforts into proving their initial suspicion about her and didn't even consider an alternative theory. It seemed to me from the beginning when they told the public there was no reason to fear for their children, LE has decided on the culprit.

I can't help but wonder why Desiree and Kaine are so positive and pleased with how the investigation is going. Obviously, they must know more than any one of us here. I would think if they were not pleased, they would deflect the questions about it a little more.

The trouble is no one can elimination Terri. She has done nothing to help find Kyron.:banghead: SHOOT! she done nothing to elimonation her self...

I am grateful that there LE in the family. I am pretty sure that he got a lot more experience than any of us.

I will keep thinking postive that LE is doing what needs to be done to bring Kyron home. JMO

I also think it would have been helpful if Kaine and Desiree had not waited as long as they did to speak to the media. An immediate plea for their son's return might have convinced the perp/perps that they were not going to get away with the removal of Kyron from his family for whatever reasons they deemed appropriate and necessary. I can't imagine that LE would not have allowed distraught parents to make attempts to get their missing child back. jmo

I cannot recall a single case where a distraught parent's pleas for the safe return of their child had a positive result. Maybe some parental abductions, but I can't recall any cases like that, either.

I could easily be wrong, though.

I will be absolutely horrified if TMH had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance. I would be over the top angry if my child attended Skyline and it turns out it was a SODDI who whisked Kyron away. You bet I'd be angry at the way LE handled this investigation.

There was something different in the way this whole investigation started. LE was very bold in how they didn't name a person, but cast so much doubt on one person. The patient parents of Kyron figuring they'd just put their own pressure on Terri has reduced them to odd interviews still looking only at TMH.

I don't understand why the 2nd flyer, this kind of truck, these people after months. I'd just like to hear what possessed them to go about the investigation in this manner. It has a uncomfortable feel to it by LE as professionals when I need to have confidence in them to find Kyron.

First of all, it IS about building a case, because it's in the DA's hands and under his/her guidance from the minute a child goes missing. They know that someone is going to be prosecuted, so they are always mindful of how the investigation has to be handled. Defense attorneys are VERY good at finding these little mistakes and making LE look bad, which gives the accused a better chance of being acquitted. Giving out too many details CAN hurt a case, and cases can be lost because the perp finds out what they know, and he has time to cover his tracks a little better, or bully someone into covering for him, or just getting the heck out of Dodge. It is better that they keep everything close to the vest.

One of the things that hurt this investigation from Day One was the fact that Kyron was missing an entire school day before it was reported. That's a HUGE disadvantage for LE, because he could have been 2 or 3 states away by then.

It sounds a bit like Monday morning quarterbacking before the game has even been played. I think they're doing the best they can with each piece of information as it came to them. The sheer volume of leads, interviews, searches, background checking etc seems mind boggling to say the least. Hopefully when an arrest is made and the case is presented, it will make more sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back