Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 123 of 123

Thread: Walk a mile in Kaine's shoes...

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by rnmif View Post
    I assume nothing, which is why I wish someone be charged, and this would go to court. Then we'd have some data.

    Your point about Stacy Peterson illustrates mine. There was a pattern of behavior with a prior spouse and with Stacy, multiple times. She knew, she just couldn't face what she knew. But she knew, and had made others aware of what she knew.
    But the point is also that some people are really good at keeping a separate life away from other people. Unless you've directly dealt with someone that can lie well and make you believe things that aren't true, you have no idea what lengths people will go to deceive other people. I have dealt with a person like that myself, and believe me, while the deception is going on, you have little to no idea how bad of person you're dealing with until after it's over or until they have decided that you are not worth anything to them anymore and they leave you high and dry or get you into trouble you don't even deserve.

    I am tired of the notion that all people should see the signs and stop things before they happen. In some cases, that is true. In some cases, even I'm going, why did that person not see what was wrong here? But in a lot of cases, it's not. I don't think Kaine could have imagined that Terri would want to hurt Kyron much less want Kaine dead. There's no telling what lies she was spinning and what kind of second life she was keeping away from Kaine. Apparently she was good at deceiving others and convincing them that she is something she really is not. Kaine does NOT deserve to be criticized for not being psychic and knowing that he was married to a time bomb.

    I'm sure he does feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner, but dangit, if she was NOT telling him that things were wrong and was only b****ing to other people about it, if she was acting around Kaine like their marriage was perfect or things were at least okay but telling her friends the complete opposite, how in the WORLD is Kaine supposed to know other than being psychic? He really needs to be cut a break on this. Guilty or innocent, Terri is NOT what she seems to be, but yet SHE gets cut all the slack in the world, but Kaine is supposed to be perfect and psychic. That is COMPLETELY not fair.

    I mean, come on, before this, he just thought she was a little depressed and maybe needed some counseling. That is a FAR CRY from thinking someone capable of hurting a child or another adult. I mean, everybody has issues these days. It doesn't mean that those issues have to snowball into killing or hurting another human being. Tons of people DEAL with their issues in a constructive manner without taking it as far as that. Terri apparently is not one of those people. Even if she is somehow innocent of what happened with Kyron, she wanted Kaine DEAD. That is NOT normal.

    Like I said, if you haven't dealt with the kind of person that lies, deceives, and keeps a whole life away from you, you have no idea what people can do to deceive others and make them think that things are hunky dory when in fact, that is the farthest thing from the truth. I pray that if you haven't dealt with a person like this, that you never ever EVER do.

    *And I mean "you" in general, not directed at one person.

    All strongly IMO.


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    But the point is also that some people are really good at keeping a separate life away from other people. Unless you've directly dealt with someone that can lie well and make you believe things that aren't true, you have no idea what lengths people will go to deceive other people. I have dealt with a person like that myself, and believe me, while the deception is going on, you have little to no idea how bad of person you're dealing with until after it's over or until they have decided that you are not worth anything to them anymore and they leave you high and dry or get you into trouble you don't even deserve.

    I am tired of the notion that all people should see the signs and stop things before they happen. In some cases, that is true. In some cases, even I'm going, why did that person not see what was wrong here? But in a lot of cases, it's not. I don't think Kaine could have imagined that Terri would want to hurt Kyron much less want Kaine dead. There's no telling what lies she was spinning and what kind of second life she was keeping away from Kaine. Apparently she was good at deceiving others and convincing them that she is something she really is not. Kaine does NOT deserve to be criticized for not being psychic and knowing that he was married to a time bomb.

    I'm sure he does feel like an idiot for not seeing it sooner, but dangit, if she was NOT telling him that things were wrong and was only b****ing to other people about it, if she was acting around Kaine like their marriage was perfect or things were at least okay but telling her friends the complete opposite, how in the WORLD is Kaine supposed to know other than being psychic? He really needs to be cut a break on this. Guilty or innocent, Terri is NOT what she seems to be, but yet SHE gets cut all the slack in the world, but Kaine is supposed to be perfect and psychic. That is COMPLETELY not fair.

    I mean, come on, before this, he just thought she was a little depressed and maybe needed some counseling. That is a FAR CRY from thinking someone capable of hurting a child or another adult. I mean, everybody has issues these days. It doesn't mean that those issues have to snowball into killing or hurting another human being. Tons of people DEAL with their issues in a constructive manner without taking it as far as that. Terri apparently is not one of those people. Even if she is somehow innocent of what happened with Kyron, she wanted Kaine DEAD. That is NOT normal.

    Like I said, if you haven't dealt with the kind of person that lies, deceives, and keeps a whole life away from you, you have no idea what people can do to deceive others and make them think that things are hunky dory when in fact, that is the farthest thing from the truth. I pray that if you haven't dealt with a person like this, that you never ever EVER do.

    *And I mean "you" in general, not directed at one person.

    All strongly IMO.
    bbm
    Thank you was not enough. Just went through this and thought I was the only one out there. Can't even begin to explain how I missed all the signs. But I did. Believed all the lies, cause people like this are very good at keeping you "out of the loop" keeping you away from all the things they are doing behind your back. No one was hurt physically but the emotional damage was immense. You would think after reading here for years I would have been more aware, but these types are very good at covering their tracks.


  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:


  4. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I mean, come on, before this, he just thought she was a little depressed and maybe needed some counseling. That is a FAR CRY from thinking someone capable of hurting a child or another adult. I mean, everybody has issues these days. It doesn't mean that those issues have to snowball into killing or hurting another human being. Tons of people DEAL with their issues in a constructive manner without taking it as far as that. Terri apparently is not one of those people. Even if she is somehow innocent of what happened with Kyron, she wanted Kaine DEAD. That is NOT normal.
    Snipped & BBM

    The thing is, it is complete hearsay that Terri wanted Kaine dead. There is no proof of that, so it bothers me that the general consensus is that since the LS said it happened, that makes it true. If LE had any proof that Terri wanted Kaine dead and had seriously tried to hire someone to kill him, they'd have arrested her. Since they didn't, and haven't, I have serious doubts about the LS's story.

    That said, if Terri DID, in fact, want Kaine dead, then I completely agree that that is not normal. I'd just like to see some proof because in the absence of it, it bugs me to see hearsay accepted as fact.

  5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to joshiesmom For This Useful Post:


  6. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiesmom View Post
    Snipped & BBM

    The thing is, it is complete hearsay that Terri wanted Kaine dead. There is no proof of that, so it bothers me that the general consensus is that since the LS said it happened, that makes it true. If LE had any proof that Terri wanted Kaine dead and had seriously tried to hire someone to kill him, they'd have arrested her. Since they didn't, and haven't, I have serious doubts about the LS's story.

    That said, if Terri DID, in fact, want Kaine dead, then I completely agree that that is not normal. I'd just like to see some proof because in the absence of it, it bugs me to see hearsay accepted as fact.
    EVEN IF that hearsay was enough for LE to say to Kaine, "Hey look, we don't know what's going on with this yet, and we're gonna get to the bottom of it, but someone has come forward to say that Terri might have tried to hire someone to kill you."

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:


  8. #105
    To have to walk in Kaine's shoes is something i just could not imagine having to do, and pray to god i never will. To have a child die, yes, i have been through that, and it is horrendous enough. But to have your little child go missing not knowing what happened, and only being able to think about what could have possibly happened, must be one of the worst things in life any parent would have to endure. To wake up daily, with that fact, playing on your mind, and that your wife, that you trusted and cared about, and had a child with, could be the reason for the torture you are going through right now with your 7 yr. old son missing, that is just incomprehensible. It seems Kaine was advised by LE to leave the relationship and to get the baby away from the mother. That i would hope is something that would not be advised lightly, if there was no huge risk involved in staying. I feel he is in "damage control" right now! To remove any opportunities to perhaps further endanger his other child and his own life also, until Kyron is hopefully found soon. Even if there was no real substance to the MFH plot, just the mere fact that it was mentioned at the time of your child being missing would be enough to put one into "panic mode".

  9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to angelswatchoverthem For This Useful Post:


  10. #106
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    EVEN IF that hearsay was enough for LE to say to Kaine, "Hey look, we don't know what's going on with this yet, and we're gonna get to the bottom of it, but someone has come forward to say that Terri might have tried to hire someone to kill you."
    The landscaper's testimony would not be considered hearsay in court. His testimony would be evidence of his own personal knowledge. His testimony would not be repetition of what he's heard others say, because he would testify to what Terri said directly to him, whether in person, through text messages, phone calls, etc.

    LE talked to the landscaper, to whom Terri allegedly made a MFP offer. His testimony is not hearsay.

  11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pufnstuf For This Useful Post:


  12. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Like I said, if you haven't dealt with the kind of person that lies, deceives, and keeps a whole life away from you, you have no idea what people can do to deceive others and make them think that things are hunky dory when in fact, that is the farthest thing from the truth. I pray that if you haven't dealt with a person like this, that you never ever EVER do.

    *And I mean "you" in general, not directed at one person.

    All strongly IMO.
    I've spoken before here about my experiences. Aside from being a therapeutic foster home to teens with multiple mental health diagnoses, a daughter who is a borderline, and others in my family with personality disorders, I've come across people like this in other areas of my life. I have an ex who (at the time) could convince me the sun was blue and the moon was lime jello.

    But there were signs. I just didn't always see them. But eventually, things added up, and I had to admit the truth.

    I watched the interview the other day with Kaine the day before he left. He clearly and firmly believed in Terri's innocence. Even 3 weeks later, after the polygraph issues, and everything else that in hindsight makes her look guilty, he still believed in her, until LE notified him Saturday of the sting.

    Having been through what I've been through, I just don't understand.

    It's not Kaine's first run in either with people with serious issues. He's a smart guy with his own dysfunction in his family.

    It's just hard for me to understand how TMH can be that deranged, and nobody saw it, not her husband, not her husband's ex, who had every reason to, or even her husband's ex's husband, who is LE, and I'd bet has amazing instincts.

    I'm still having a hard time believing the easy, statistically logical answer.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rnmif For This Useful Post:


  14. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by rnmif View Post
    I've spoken before here about my experiences. Aside from being a therapeutic foster home to teens with multiple mental health diagnoses, a daughter who is a borderline, and others in my family with personality disorders, I've come across people like this in other areas of my life. I have an ex who (at the time) could convince me the sun was blue and the moon was lime jello.

    But there were signs. I just didn't always see them. But eventually, things added up, and I had to admit the truth.

    I watched the interview the other day with Kaine the day before he left. He clearly and firmly believed in Terri's innocence. Even 3 weeks later, after the polygraph issues, and everything else that in hindsight makes her look guilty, he still believed in her, until LE notified him Saturday of the sting.

    Having been through what I've been through, I just don't understand.

    It's not Kaine's first run in either with people with serious issues. He's a smart guy with his own dysfunction in his family.

    It's just hard for me to understand how TMH can be that deranged, and nobody saw it, not her husband, not her husband's ex, who had every reason to, or even her husband's ex's husband, who is LE, and I'd bet has amazing instincts.

    I'm still having a hard time believing the easy, statistically logical answer.
    With all due respect, I think that you are perhaps more "in tune" with what to look for - specifically due to your role in life. Many times, it is easier to see from the outside looking in, than in reverse. I know nothing of sociopaths or narcissists (some terms that have been applied to Terri), but they apparently are adept at fooling even those closest to them?

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SacreBleu For This Useful Post:


  16. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by SacreBleu View Post
    With all due respect, I think that you are perhaps more "in tune" with what to look for - specifically due to your role in life. Many times, it is easier to see from the outside looking in, than in reverse. I know nothing of sociopaths or narcissists (some terms that have been applied to Terri), but they apparently are adept at fooling even those closest to them?
    That is correct. I have the feeling that Kaine did have a lot of family issues, but NONE of them was dealing with a sociopathic or pathological liar. I have the feeling that Terri is his first run in with such a person. I mean, she had all day while he was a work to have a totally separate life from him. I don't think he was totally unaware, but it's a HUGE leap to go from, "Okay, we're having some marital problems" to "Oh God, she wants me dead and probably hurt Kyron too." I don't understand why the thought is that it should have been easy peasy to make that big of a leap before he knew anything about the MFH or before what happened to Kyron.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  18. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by rnmif View Post
    I've spoken before here about my experiences. Aside from being a therapeutic foster home to teens with multiple mental health diagnoses, a daughter who is a borderline, and others in my family with personality disorders, I've come across people like this in other areas of my life. I have an ex who (at the time) could convince me the sun was blue and the moon was lime jello.

    But there were signs. I just didn't always see them. But eventually, things added up, and I had to admit the truth.

    I watched the interview the other day with Kaine the day before he left. He clearly and firmly believed in Terri's innocence. Even 3 weeks later, after the polygraph issues, and everything else that in hindsight makes her look guilty, he still believed in her, until LE notified him Saturday of the sting.

    Having been through what I've been through, I just don't understand.

    It's not Kaine's first run in either with people with serious issues. He's a smart guy with his own dysfunction in his family.

    It's just hard for me to understand how TMH can be that deranged, and nobody saw it, not her husband, not her husband's ex, who had every reason to, or even her husband's ex's husband, who is LE, and I'd bet has amazing instincts.

    I'm still having a hard time believing the easy, statistically logical answer.
    bbm

    There's no way of knowing if his brother told the truth about being molested as a child, and of course we have no idea if Kaine was a victim as well, but I am not surprised that a person with such a history (either his own or of someone close to him) would tend to tune out the details and specifically problems in his adult relationships. I was struck by how Kaine seemed to have no idea what was going on within his own home. So I wonder if his apparent detachment and "cluelessness" is a defense mechanism learned as a child? His story about how he became involved with Terri would fit into this pattern, too, so I suspect he was this way in his marriage to Desiree.

    It would have worked well throughout the years until this forced him to take a long, hard look at his relationship with Terri. In spite of his insistence that everything was "normal", it's pretty obvious it wasn't regardless if the MFHP is true or not. I think I can see evidence that Kaine is slowly coming to that realization (I'm hoping the therapist is helping him through this process).

  19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:


  20. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    That is correct. I have the feeling that Kaine did have a lot of family issues, but NONE of them was dealing with a sociopathic or pathological liar. I have the feeling that Terri is his first run in with such a person. I mean, she had all day while he was a work to have a totally separate life from him. I don't think he was totally unaware, but it's a HUGE leap to go from, "Okay, we're having some marital problems" to "Oh God, she wants me dead and probably hurt Kyron too." I don't understand why the thought is that it should have been easy peasy to make that big of a leap before he knew anything about the MFH or before what happened to Kyron.
    I have this need to mention that sex offenders are all pathological liars and sociopaths. I'm sure Kaine dealt with this a lot when growing up and as an adult. moo mho
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.


    Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:


  22. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,050
    I've never known anyone who had a sociopath in the family and did not know it. They may not have believed that the person was criminally sociopathic, but they had no doubt that they were a sociopath, whether due to chronic lying, selfishness, indifference to others, etc. I can't imagine living with a person for 6-7 years and not knowing. (I'm sure there are exceptions, even within WS members.) But generally, I would think a person would know, even if they prefer not to acknowledge it.

    It is so easy, now that Terri is in the public eye, to suddenly recall characteristics that point to psychosis. Apparently, no one noticed these traits before, which seems odd. She must be very good indeed.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  24. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    IMO it is rather unlikely that LE would call a small comment such as "I hate him, I wish he was dead!" a murder for hire plot because I guarantee you that TONS of people would be in jail now for MFH if that sort of thing was enough. (I might be among them.)
    I'm not claiming to know exactly what Terri said, but if it was without an amount of money offered, a plan of attack, a place, a date, and a time, I wouldn't call that a murder for hire...but LE might.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardeness For This Useful Post:


  26. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    20,222
    I don't think anyone was suspicious of Philip Markoff at all were they?

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:


  28. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I've never known anyone who had a sociopath in the family and did not know it. They may not have believed that the person was criminally sociopathic, but they had no doubt that they were a sociopath, whether due to chronic lying, selfishness, indifference to others, etc. I can't imagine living with a person for 6-7 years and not knowing. (I'm sure there are exceptions, even within WS members.) But generally, I would think a person would know, even if they prefer not to acknowledge it.

    It is so easy, now that Terri is in the public eye, to suddenly recall characteristics that point to psychosis. Apparently, no one noticed these traits before, which seems odd. She must be very good indeed.

    bbm~

    Sorry, this is long. But since I have the experience, I want to try and explain that she may, in fact, be that good.

    Regarding the first bolded section, I lived for several years with someone who I NOW believe to be a sociopath. Not to mention the fact that I have known this person since Kindergarten and lived about two blocks away from him my whole young life. I can tell you that, ime, there were red flags of SOME kind of problem that MIGHT have tipped me off if I had any clue what being a sociopath really means. But those flags didn't start waving obviously until at least a few years into our relationship. SP's (or ASP's, which appears to be the trend name for the disorder) can be very successful in the honeymoon stage.

    Which leads me to the second bolded section. It's not the lying, indifference, selfishness, etc. that makes someone an SP. One can do/be all of those things, a little or a lot, and not be a SP. An SP has no sympathy or empathy for ANYONE, EVER, even though they feign it with amazing skill. And you have to have a lot of experience with them and ALL of their interactions to put 2 and 2 together.

    From my perspective, one can easily live with a sociopath for a relatively long period of time and not realize exactly what you are dealing with. Each of the isolated behaviors or incidents that actually come to light (most don't), can be excused by a loved one because, although really bad, there are *reasons* for the behavior that loved ones are primed to accept. Mistakes were made and profuse apologies, excuses, expressions of regret and promises to never ever do such-and-such again are profusely forthcoming. None of which are sincere. But you don't know that at the time. You want to believe the excuses and apologies and, because they are delivered so sincerely, you do.

    In addition to that, many of your suspicions are explained away in a manner that makes you question whether you are being supremely paranoid. There were MANY times when I questioned my own sanity rather than his. Actually, this scenario was MORE common than the obvious bad behavior followed by apologies. Those only came when their was absolutely no denial or excuse possible. Plausible deniability is the hallmark of the sociopath, imo.

    When it really came together for me was kind of similar to this case -- although no child actually went missing, thank goodness. All of the stuff you didn't know about comes to light. You combine that with all of the stuff you already knew about, but which didn't seem *inexcusable* in context. Then you think about the explanations, excuses and apologies you were given and realize that they were all so much bs. Then you think about how the person is behaving currently and realize, with much horror, that you were in the presence of someone who you didn't know AT ALL. That they are capable of literally anything, including murder. And all those denials, excuses and, less frequently, apparently real expressions of regret and contrition you saw from them until things became irretrievable, were just an act designed to keep you in the game. As were all of their amazingly perfect behaviors. You were kept in the game only to serve the purpose of the sociopath.

    For me, possibly the most disturbing aspect was that, in retrospect, I saw that every single thing about our relationship was planned -- with patience and scrupulous attention to never, ever letting on what was really going on in that person's head. His game was THAT good. Almost everyone still falls for it since they aren't living it daily, in close quarters, and haven't reached his end game yet -- and probably never will because they're not key players.

    I've posted before that I think parents and sibling (who have REALLY long term and very close relationships with SP's) do know that something is seriously wrong. I believe TH could be an SP and, if so, that her own parents do know that something is wrong with her.

    jmeo

  29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wondering1 For This Useful Post:


  30. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I don't think anyone was suspicious of Philip Markoff at all were they?
    No one had a clue about Ted Bundy either. There are many sociopaths and murderers out there that were just normal, next door neighbors or family members before their true selves came to light. Yes, people can be that good in hiding themselves from everyone else until too many mistakes are made and they are found out, not to mention people being in solid denial about who they really are too. Just look at Casey Anthony. Her parents will never admit what she is and what she did to her own daughter.

  31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  32. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    No one had a clue about Ted Bundy either. There are many sociopaths and murderers out there that were just normal, next door neighbors or family members before their true selves came to light. Yes, people can be that good in hiding themselves from everyone else until too many mistakes are made and they are found out, not to mention people being in solid denial about who they really are too. Just look at Casey Anthony. Her parents will never admit what she is and what she did to her own daughter.
    I strongly agree with this. And there are many levels - think of secret abusers, highly functioning alcoholics, etc., who when exposed, people are often scratching their heads and saying, I never saw it coming.

    I think we wonder how people could have never seen signs afterward because it's so natural to do so, but I really believe seeing the signs depends highly on what kind of person you are and how in tune you are to those types of issues. In my family, there is a history of mental illness and abuse that goes way back, and so over time that has led to a higher level awareness of signs and symptoms of these types of situations and people.

    But it's not always obvious to everyone, and yes, some people can be that good that no one knows, not even those closest to them.

    Just my
    I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.
    To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    Attitus Finch, Chapter 11

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boo Scout For This Useful Post:


  34. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    No one had a clue about Ted Bundy either. There are many sociopaths and murderers out there that were just normal, next door neighbors or family members before their true selves came to light. Yes, people can be that good in hiding themselves from everyone else until too many mistakes are made and they are found out, not to mention people being in solid denial about who they really are too. Just look at Casey Anthony. Her parents will never admit what she is and what she did to her own daughter.
    BBM What did she do to her own daughter? I don't believe I've heard anything about that?

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Trident For This Useful Post:


  36. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    BBM What did she do to her own daughter? I don't believe I've heard anything about that?
    She killed her, duct taped her mouth and nose shut, kept her body in her car so long there's a smell that will never go away, and then dumped her on the side of a road in a bag like she was trash. She got too jealous of all the attention her daughter was getting from her parents, so she killed her daughter. And now, sickingly enough, her parent's full attention is right back on Casey. They can't believe she didn't love her daughter and they refuse to believe she killed her daughter despite overwhelming evidence that she did, including the duct tape evidence found on the skull of the deceased child. Cindy Anthony, the mother, is still saying Caylee is alive yet wears a necklace with Caylee's ashes in it on her neck. They've tried to say that Caylee was taken by Columbian drug lords or a worldwide sexual predator ring. Casey herself swears an invisible, proven nonexistent nanny did it. It's ridiculous what they've tried to say happened when the simplest explanation, their own daughter did, is the most likely scenario. She has continuously lied, and altered those lies depending on the situation. According to Casey and her mom, she was the mother of the year, a successful event planner with a nanny to watch her child, had a degree from a University (I guess in event planning) and worked for Universal as an event planner. NONE of that has been proven to be true at all. Instead, she lied, stole money from everyone including her own grandmother (and was recently indicted for writing checks on a friends account totalling over 400 dollars that her mother said was just a friendly misunderstanding even though there's video of her doing it with a smile), and was very sexually promiscuous with several men at the same time, dragging her innocent daughter into other's men's beds all the time. Yet she won't back down from her stories and lies, and is now facing the death penalty with a lousy lawyer only in it for the fame. As my friend The World According says a lot, You can't make this stuff up!

    So you see, Terri is tame compared to this, in some respects, but I do see several similarities. Jealousy of attention not on her, a secret second life that is more and more proving to not be true (at least what she told her friends - they have backed off and are not supporting her anymore, what does that say? Obviously, she told them a lot of lies about her marriage and her life), a lot of sexual promiscuity and inability to commit to anyone for a long length of time besides parents and siblings (I don't think Terri has siblings, but she definitely does have parents), inflated ego and contempt of anyone not on their side (Them versus the world), and alibi's that are not adding up. Terri just covered her crime up a lot of better than Casey did. And she's been keeping up the lies a lot longer and better too. I do believe she's a sociopath, or at least a pathological liar, and it's now blown up in her face, and poor Kaine and Desiree are paying the price for not seeing it because of how well she kept it from them for seven or more years.

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  38. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    I have this need to mention that sex offenders are all pathological liars and sociopaths. I'm sure Kaine dealt with this a lot when growing up and as an adult. moo mho
    Just wanted to say, but his brother slept with an underage girl. That is different from abusing children, or raping women. It's a man who can't keep it in his pants - doesn't mean it's sociopathic or pathological at all. If that were true, a lot more men would get those labels. We've never heard if it was rape or not, but it's a far cry from being a child predator or vicious sexual offender. I'm not downplaying it, but it's not the type of thing that would make Kaine think his brother would actually hurt or a murder someone. It just means his brother has low morals and a loose libido when it comes to young women. And I believe he and Kaine were abused by a grandparent, well, stuff like that is denied in families for years. It could just be recently that this came out and was dealt with. It doesn't mean Kaine has experience in dealing with a real sociopath or pathological liar capable of physically hurting and killing people. That is totally different. Believe me, there are lot of sociopaths and liars that never commit major crimes, but still use people and leave them when they're done, often with those people unable to prove a crime was committed against them. That's how good some can be.

    ETA: I am putting myself in Kaine's shoes in this post as to what he or his family might think of what his brother did to illustrate that people do not always know they have a sociopath or pathological liar in the family. Some deny and downplay it for years until it blows up in their faces. I think that is exactly what happened with Kaine in regards to Terri.
    Last edited by Aedrys; 09-09-2010 at 10:11 AM.

  39. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,535
    Just wanted to say, but his brother slept with an underage girl. That is different from abusing children, or raping women.
    With all due respect, what he did was both.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:


  41. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    With all due respect, what he did was both.
    Society and you and me may consider it that, but what I am saying is, it might not be considered that to Kaine or his family (I was trying to put myself in Kaine's shoes in regard to it in my last post). We don't know what they think about what his brother did. They may have downplayed it themselves and not thought much of it for all we know. Just because somebody does something doesn't mean the family of that person is going to take it seriously and label them a sociopath or a liar. That's what I'm saying. Not everyone is willing to place those labels and deal with those kinds of people.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  43. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Society and you and me may consider it that, but what I am saying is, it might not be considered that to Kaine or his family (I was trying to put myself in Kaine's shoes in regard to it in my last post). We don't know what they think about what his brother did. They may have downplayed it themselves and not thought much of it for all we know. Just because somebody does something doesn't mean the family of that person is going to take it seriously and label them a sociopath or a liar. That's what I'm saying. Not everyone is willing to place those labels and deal with those kinds of people.
    I think I touched on this in my post above; the more I think on it, the more I believe that explains a lot of what we've heard and seen from Kaine. A learned defense mechanism that, while not necessarily healthy, served him well until this blew up in his face. I suspect his therapist is helping him through this process, as I've noticed that he has obviously begun to acknowledge and face the issues in his relationship with Terri. I'm relieved for Kaine, but I'm especially relieved for baby.

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 401
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 03:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:50 PM
  3. Replies: 184
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
  4. Boy, 8, takes 20-mile midnight ride
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 11:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •