Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 903

Thread: Australia - Kiesha Weippeart (Abrahams), 6, Sydney, 31 July 2010 - #2

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Queensland Australia
    Posts
    1,502
    am a bit confused here....so someone has said they saw a duffle bag with remains in it but when the police got there it was gone or maybe never there?? is that correct???
    REVAMPZ

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Straya!
    Posts
    10,729
    Quote Originally Posted by revampz View Post
    am a bit confused here....so someone has said they saw a duffle bag with remains in it but when the police got there it was gone or maybe never there?? is that correct???
    Yep....that's what they're saying, sounds hinky to me. Maybe someone out for a bit of attention?

    ON the bloody shirt, there is no way that can be related to Kiesha because if it was in a bin as of yesterday it must have been placed in that bin yesterday morning or late Sunday night. So way too late in the game to be relevant.

    I'm thinking it's a shirt a guy was wearing when he got into a fight (probably Sunday night, probably drunk). Just a guess, but see it all the time, the minute they start fighting they're pulling their shirts off.

    Anyway could be 100% wrong about all the above, but that's my shirt theory.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by revampz View Post
    am a bit confused here....so someone has said they saw a duffle bag with remains in it but when the police got there it was gone or maybe never there?? is that correct???
    Yes, that seems to be the case. I'm going to paraphrase here - at 4pm on Saturday a woman rang in to the police to say she had seen a duffel bag containing human remains. The police arrive Saturday evening (not sure what time) to search the area - the search continues until Monday afternoon (?). During that time, a member of the public found the bloody items (ball, shirt, etc). Police have said that the bloody items are not connected to Kiesha's case, but will not comment on the subject of the duffel bag.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyD'enah For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Land Down Under
    Posts
    211
    The silence is deafening.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beagle For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    5,701
    TMK, a community nurse or support worker wasn't assigned to visit Kristi at home after Lxxx was born on July 7th. Where I live, the hospital is required to fax the birth announcements to a community health and social services agency the following day and a registered nurse is automatically assigned to set up home visits with the mother. I believe these visits are mandatory.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,684
    This below is from the Herald Sun in Australia with "last updated" 9-8-10.

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1225900839751

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kant For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,684
    This is also dated 9-8-10 in which a "witness" to a "beating" tells more.

    http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/...kiesha/xyxkt7c

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kant For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    No news for Kiesha today, but I found this:


    Snip and UBM~

    The promotional blurb for Polly and Me reads: "Behind closed doors unfolds a story of neglect. An eight-year-old girl lives alone with her mother and dreams of a better life beyond the walls of their small and dingy apartment. Polly and Me is the story of one little girl who has fallen between the cracks and reminds us that just because we don't see her, it doesn't mean she isn't there."

    The short film will air tomorrow at 9.30pm on ABC1, coinciding with National Child Protection Week. It is produced and directed by the group who made the confronting, AFI award-winning 2008 documentary, The Oasis, which followed the lives of homeless youth who visit an inner-city refuge.


    There is also a danger in trading in cliched, class-based stereotypes. There are correlations between poverty and child abuse but it is important that we do not become complacent about child abuse in middle-class populations. Nor should we pathologise working-class populations en masse.

    Part of our fascination with the story of a missing Mount Druitt girl, Kiesha Abrahams, is that it speaks to and reinforces various stereotypes we have about class and parental neglect. Comments on forums reveal a widespread suspicion over working-class parents in Sydney's western suburbs
    .

    more at link:
    http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/societ...907-14zgm.html

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Straya!
    Posts
    10,729
    GREAT butwhatif?, I will definitely be watching that....here is some more info on Oasis, they really are one of the shining lights here for disenfranchised youth http://salvos.org.au/oasis/

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HynYkbfRpU&feature=related[/ame]

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    GREAT butwhatif?, I will definitely be watching that....here is some more info on Oasis, they really are one of the shining lights here for disenfranchised youth http://salvos.org.au/oasis/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HynY...eature=related
    Ahh, now that I've watched the you tube vid, I remember it. That guy is unreal, in the best possible way! An absolute angel of a man.

    Love the Salvos. They are the one charity that I always support.

    I'll be watching it too.
    Last edited by butwhatif?; 09-07-2010 at 08:28 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The silence is deafening.
    It sure is!! I wake up each day thinking 'today will be the day', but it never is.

    But I know the D's are working so hard on this case, to make sure that an arrest will stick when it does eventually happen.

    ....but still, kiesha is out there somewhere. That's the bit that tears me up the most.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  23. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    No news for Kiesha today, but I found this:


    Snip and UBM~

    The promotional blurb for Polly and Me reads: "Behind closed doors unfolds a story of neglect. An eight-year-old girl lives alone with her mother and dreams of a better life beyond the walls of their small and dingy apartment. Polly and Me is the story of one little girl who has fallen between the cracks and reminds us that just because we don't see her, it doesn't mean she isn't there."

    The short film will air tomorrow at 9.30pm on ABC1, coinciding with National Child Protection Week. It is produced and directed by the group who made the confronting, AFI award-winning 2008 documentary, The Oasis, which followed the lives of homeless youth who visit an inner-city refuge.


    There is also a danger in trading in cliched, class-based stereotypes. There are correlations between poverty and child abuse but it is important that we do not become complacent about child abuse in middle-class populations. Nor should we pathologise working-class populations en masse.

    Part of our fascination with the story of a missing Mount Druitt girl, Kiesha Abrahams, is that it speaks to and reinforces various stereotypes we have about class and parental neglect. Comments on forums reveal a widespread suspicion over working-class parents in Sydney's western suburbs
    .

    more at link:
    http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/societ...907-14zgm.html
    I would love to see that documentary!
    Here's what a search of Polly and Me came up with. Very interesting and plan to bookmark and read later (although the report is done by The Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth). By a brief glance, it appears to be exactly what we are talking about here.

    http://www.pollyandme.com.au/documen...statistics.pdf
    Last edited by Haddie McFaddies Mom; 09-07-2010 at 08:52 PM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haddie McFaddies Mom For This Useful Post:


  25. #38
    Found the Trailer ~ It takes a minute to load and uses Quicktime.

    http://www.pollyandme.com.au/story.php

    xo

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haddie McFaddies Mom For This Useful Post:


  27. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Hebersham Tigers keep Kiesha close to heart


    snip~

    THE Hebersham West City Tigers under-12 rugby league side took to St Marys League Stadium on Saturday with a lot more than just victory in mind.

    Although they faced St Pats in their Penrith Junior Rugby League grand final the players vowed to keep missing Hebersham six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams close to their hearts.

    They all wore red arm bands which symbolised Kiesha’s blood - the thought being that as long as that red arm band kept moving on the field so too was Kiesha’s blood still coursing through her body.

    The boys also handed out flyers to the almost 400-strong crowd with details of Kiesha’s disappearance and photos.
    “A lot of people were interested in what they were doing and saying it was good to see someone doing something (for Kiesha).

    “The kids weren’t embarrassed at all and everyone was shaking their hand.”


    http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive...lose-to-heart/

    What wonderful young men! They should stand tall and proud.

    So unbelieveable that these kids are doing more to help Kiesha than her own family.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  29. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Straya!
    Posts
    10,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    I would love to see that documentary!
    Here's what a search of Polly and Me came up with. Very interesting and plan to bookmark and read later (although the report is done by The Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth). By a brief glance, it appears to be exactly what we are talking about here.

    http://www.pollyandme.com.au/documen...statistics.pdf
    Here's the link to the abc website, won't be up yet, but possibly tomorrow, they are pretty good about putting up documentary's and making them available for download.

    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/
    Last edited by Mrs G Norris; 09-07-2010 at 11:28 PM.

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


  31. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Here's the link to the abc website, won't be up yet, but possibly tomorrow, they are pretty good about putting up documentary's and making them available for download.
    If you could supply that link Mrs G Norris, that would be great! As I am in the States, that would be the only way for me to view it! Thanks ~
    And like you ... awaiting word on sweet little Kiesha, and hoping it will be sooner than later.

    xo

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haddie McFaddies Mom For This Useful Post:


  33. #42
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Straya!
    Posts
    10,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    If you could supply that link Mrs G Norris, that would be great! As I am in the States, that would be the only way for me to view it! Thanks ~
    And like you ... awaiting word on sweet little Kiesha, and hoping it will be sooner than later.

    xo
    Eeeek sorry! I just edited that post to include it! We'll link it once it comes up, but let us know if you can't view it and we'll find a way (if possible) so you can.

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


  35. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Better late than never?


    THE mother of missing six-year-old Hebersham girl Kiesha Abrahams has written a letter to publicly thank the community for their continual support for her daughter.

    The heartfelt letter by Kristi Abrahams - written on behalf of herself, Kiesha’s stepfather Robert Smith and “all family members” - was read out at a candlelight vigil held for Kiesha on Friday night.

    In the letter, Mrs Abrahams wrote: “We would like to say thank you for all the gifts of hope and love for our beautiful little girl Kiesha.

    “We will not give up until our little angel is back with us.”
    * Meanwhile, police have rejected claims that a body had been found in Sadleir, near Liverpool.

    A police spokeswoman said yesterday that police searched Edwin Wheeler Oval since they received a report on Saturday that a body had been found dumped inside a duffle bag.

    She said police had not found a body.

    She also said that media reports of the discovery of a yellow shirt covered in blood were untrue.
    More at link:

    http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive...medium=twitter


    Sadly ironic that Kieshas favourite song was 'best of both worlds' by Hannah Montana. (also my DD's fave song)

    The letter: Hands up anyone who believes kristi actually had anything at all to do with this letter?
    Notice it starts with 'On behalf of ....."

    Last edited by butwhatif?; 09-08-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: add pic

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  37. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Straya!
    Posts
    10,729
    My money her friend Alison Anderson wrote that.....she spoke on the news from the vigil that night and has been acting as a spokesperson of sorts for the family,

  38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


  39. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    Butwhatif? - (I tried to quote your post here, but couldn't work it out!) .. you mentioned that the police are now denying a blood-stained shirt was found. Could you please link me to the article which says this?

    It may be nothing, but yesterday we had police stating that these items were *not* linked to Kiesha - yet noone was saying the items hadn't been located? (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1225915034033)

    One other thing, OK so perhaps the bloody shirt was not found. But what about the other items supposedly found (the childs ball and belt)?? Why say that one thing wasn't found, yet not mention the other rumoured items?

    Let me know if I'm way off track here guys!

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyD'enah For This Useful Post:


  41. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyD'enah View Post
    Butwhatif? - (I tried to quote your post here, but couldn't work it out!) .. you mentioned that the police are now denying a blood-stained shirt was found. Could you please link me to the article which says this?

    It may be nothing, but yesterday we had police stating that these items were *not* linked to Kiesha - yet noone was saying the items hadn't been located? (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1225915034033)

    One other thing, OK so perhaps the bloody shirt was not found. But what about the other items supposedly found (the childs ball and belt)?? Why say that one thing wasn't found, yet not mention the other rumoured items?

    Let me know if I'm way off track here guys!
    Here it is again (last sentence of article):

    http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive...medium=twitter

    It's from the local (st Marys) paper and is being repeated on a few other MSM sites now.

    The police are either trying to keep everything quiet, or maybe the red stain turned out to not be blood. That's a simple and fast test.
    But the shirt was definately found....there's pics, and why the heck would they remove the whole bin if nothing was in there?

    It's a bit weird that the police spokeperson who said this ,was not named in the article- so could just be bad reporting too.
    JMO

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  43. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Search for human remains still on

    08 Sep, 2010 12:00 AM
    THE report of a sighting of suspected human remains has had police trawling through a Sadleir oval for four days.
    Green Valley Police Acting Superintendent Steve Corry said a resident walking through Edwin Wheeler Reserve on Saturday told police there was a duffel bag there that contained human remains.

    Yesterday police divers searched Cabramatta Creek for the remains.

    Acting Superintendent Corry said that the investigating police were taking the matter very seriously and that they would continue to search for the remains but there was no information as yet to suggest the identification of the body



    http://www.liverpoolchampion.com.au/...n/1935766.aspx


    And re: the bloodstained shirt...the person who found it says that she learned who the owner of the shirt was an that it was blood, but with an innocent explanation.
    That while playing cricket over the weekend at the park, this guy had gotten a bloody nose and wiped it clean with his shirt before tossing it in the bin.

    (From Princess Kiesha FB page.)

  44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to butwhatif? For This Useful Post:


  45. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    75
    Interesting letter on behalf of Kiesha's mother and stepfather. A little bit of damage control maybe?

  46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alj65 For This Useful Post:


  47. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    75
    So no body parts or human remains have been confirmed found? My first thought, upon reading the breaking story, was they had found the rest of Kristi McDougall, not Kiesha's body.

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alj65 For This Useful Post:


  49. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    4 days of searching? Is it standard for a search to go on this long when they 'haven't found anything'? I'm thinking we're missing a pretty large piece of the puzzle here...

  50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyD'enah For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Kiesha Weippeart (Abraham) , 6, Sydney, Media links only
    By imamaze in forum Trials: Media & Documents *NO DISCUSSION*
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-17-2014, 11:21 AM
  2. Australia Australia - Neil McKenzie, 34, Sydney, 2 May 2006
    By EdinburghLass in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
  3. Australia Australia - Old watch could help identify Sydney body
    By mysticrose in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM
  5. Replies: 571
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •