Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: KS - Alicia DeBolt - 14 - Great Bend - August 21, 2010, #3

Hybrid View

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

KS - Alicia DeBolt - 14 - Great Bend - August 21, 2010, #3

Please continue here:

Carried over from thread two.

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

Heads up, dear posters!

If you are a new poster, you must read the TOS before you post.

Part of the TOS is that there is to be no baiting. Baiting is when you post something like, "I know something but I'm not going to post it." Creates too much drama on a thread.

Another part of TOS is that posting rumors is a no-no.

And if you post that you read somewhere that X happened or you read somewhere that so and so said X, you must post a link.

If you are an experienced poster, please give me a hand by hitting the alert buton when the need arises.

I will be in and out of the thread today (I'm busy freezing sweet corn, and making and freezing marinara sauce, plus trying to sweep all of DS13's sleepover buddies out of the house!).

Thanks for caring so much about justice for Alicia. I really mean that!

And to our new posters a big WS :Welcome-12-june:

Hoppy
    mod

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112650"]Thread 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113042"]Thread 2[/ame]
    Last edited by Cubby; 09-06-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

AG to speak to media Tuesday about charges in Debolt case

Bringing this forward from previous thread:

"Attorney General Steve Six will meet with reporters Tuesday in Great Bend to discuss charges in the murder of Great Bend teenager Alicia DeBolt."[/B]

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/102293664.html

Hopefully we will have some answers after that meeting with media.
    Last edited by anyoldtime48; 09-06-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: fixed bolding

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to anyoldtime48 For This Useful Post:

can someone tell me how to bring something up from a previous thread? Also can anything from a previous thread be brought to a new one?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

I don't really know how to bring things forward, but in my signature below is a link to two video transcripts, including the infamous AL interview, and the photos from the cell phone, so far. probably will be adding more stuff and anyone can message me if they want to add something to it. I believe I have the documents open for editing if anyone wants to edit.

Alicia DeBolt Murder Case Files (interviews, transcripts, etc):
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B98...NDEzOGY5&hl=en

RS's appeal translated:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wasnt_me View Post
    I don't really know how to bring things forward, but in my signature below is a link to two video transcripts, including the infamous AL interview, and the photos from the cell phone, so far. probably will be adding more stuff and anyone can message me if they want to add something to it. I believe I have the documents open for editing if anyone wants to edit.
    THANK YOU so Much for this...soooo helpful!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tikki For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

New Motions

Last edited by hollyblue; 10-18-2010 at 05:34 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tikki View Post
    THANK YOU so Much for this...soooo helpful!

You're welcome. I've been gone. Gotta catch up with you guys on this case.

Alicia DeBolt Murder Case Files (interviews, transcripts, etc):
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B98...NDEzOGY5&hl=en

RS's appeal translated:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wasnt_me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by westsidefox64 View Post
    can someone tell me how to bring something up from a previous thread? Also can anything from a previous thread be brought to a new one?
    Go to the post that you want to bring forward from the older thread.

On that post in the upper right hand corner you will see an icon that tells you what number that post is on that thread.

Click on that number. A webpage will open up with that post alone. Right click and copy the address of that page.

Come to this thread and paste the address.

NOTE: I find it easiest to do this when I open two windows to WS. One for the thread open at this time, and one from the thread of which I wish to bring forward a previous post.

HTH

Thanks to MandiJayne and Westsidefox64 for this link

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/L...-background--2

which confirms that there is only one AL.

MandiJayne posted

"Is this local newspaper considered credible enough to continue that discussion?"

The answer is YES.

Thanks to all of you for your patience as we sorted this out.

Certain posters become very dedicated to certain cases, and that is so helpful. They become the "go to" posters for help in situations like this.

There's no way the mods can keep track of the intricacies of all the cases here at WS.

Plus we have real lives to lead, doing stuff like going to work, napping (hehehe), making and freezing marinara sauce, getting groceries, dropping kids off at friends' houses, send stuff to kids at university (all the stuff they forgot at home!), eating, showering, volunteering in the community, putting gas in the car, remembering to pick up kids from friends' houses...yep, all that was just today. (I was indeed one of the poor souls who had to work on Labor Day. )

Hoppy
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

17. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Thanks to MandiJayne and Westsidefox64 for this link

http://www.hutchnews.com/Todaystop/L...-background--2

which confirms that there is only one AL.

MandiJayne posted

"Is this local newspaper considered credible enough to continue that discussion?"

The answer is YES.

Thanks to all of you for your patience as we sorted this out.

Certain posters become very dedicated to certain cases, and that is so helpful. They become the "go to" posters for help in situations like this.

There's no way the mods can keep track of the intricacies of all the cases here at WS.

Plus we have real lives to lead, doing stuff like going to work, napping (hehehe), making and freezing marinara sauce, getting groceries, dropping kids off at friends' houses, send stuff to kids at university (all the stuff they forgot at home!), eating, showering, volunteering in the community, putting gas in the car, remembering to pick up kids from friends' houses...yep, all that was just today. (I was indeed one of the poor souls who had to work on Labor Day. )

Hoppy
    Link is not working.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5585311&postcount=524"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased KS - Alicia DeBolt - 14 - Great Bend - August 21, 2010, #2[/ame]

Thanks for this it helped me so much. I had it stuck in my head that it was all happening at the same club. After this response I went back through and figured out the difference!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Baxter For This Useful Post:

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/07/148...n-14-year.html

AL charged with capital murder and criminal sodomy!!!!

Longoria is in court at this hour hearing the charges against him. He has been charged with capital murder and criminal sodomy. He faces the death penalty if convicted.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/...sSNWKVVXQ.cspx

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

"Prosecuters say they do not expect to charge anyone else in the case."
    http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/102341824.html

------------------
    i guess that means he was alone - and the rumors of the gang and the others are not true.

Poor Girl ..I hope this Jerk FRIES!
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
    smarter than you think, and loved more than you know...

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mahoneys07 For This Useful Post:

I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mom_of_M&M For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mom_of_M&M View Post
    I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...
    we haven't heard where exactly she was burned - but we can surmise that her face might have been and that is why they needed time to ID the body - perhaps other parts of her were not burned and they managed to gather evidence from those other areas.

I wonder if they were able to recall the package he sent which contained his personal clothing - and perhaps there was evidence on it?

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to oviedo For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Mom_of_M&M;5586862]I hate to sound stupid but if she was burned so badly how would they be able to tell there were sex crimes committed against her? I wonder if there were other people there that witnessed this and gave information to the police in exchange for no charges against them...[/QUOT

http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/05/147...r-without.html

Hope this helps!!

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

You don't sound stupid thats a good question. I was watching a forensic show the other night and this lady and her husband had allowed this guy to live with them they considered him a friend. Then suddenly the husband died the wife kept becoming sick. His death and her sickness was due to the stuff in rat posion (I forget what it was called) so they started investigating realized these two sisters the guy had lived with many years ago had suddenly died as well and where cremated, they did testing on the cremated remains and found traces of the same posion. They was able to arrest him and charge him for the deaths. Science is amazing. He was putting it in there food.
    Last edited by laura08; 09-07-2010 at 01:06 PM.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to laura08 For This Useful Post:

This article offers very good information about evidence that can still be obtained after a body is burned...

Remains of a body, with or without DNA evidence, can offer evidence, prosecutors say

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/09/05/147...#ixzz0yrtvekmF
    Last edited by TexasLil; 09-07-2010 at 02:14 PM.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Maybe internally there was still evidence.

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

According to Kansas statute a charge of "criminal sodomy" is only a class B misdemeanor. It must be considered "aggravated criminal sodomy" to be classified a felony. However, after reading the definitions of both I would tend to think Alicia's case would fall in the "aggravated" category. Perhaps that is the actual charge and the media just shortened it in the article?

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/...le_35/#21-3505

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Great news!!!

RIP Alicia
    The World Has Gone Mad.

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    According to Kansas statute a charge of "criminal sodomy" is only a class B misdemeanor. It must be considered "aggravated criminal sodomy" to be classified a felony. However, after reading the definitions of both I would tend to think Alicia's case would fall in the "aggravated" category. Perhaps that is the actual charge and the media just shortened it in the article?

http://kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/...le_35/#21-3505
    I read the definition of the statues and I think this case is more in the "aggravated criminal sodomy" category. Both are awful and I feel for this childs family and the things they are going to hear and see when this goes to trial.

Added: I hope AL's girlfriend has taken her daughter for a check-up, just in case.
    Support Our Troops

47. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JustPeachy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast