1207 users online (229 members and 978 guests)  

Websleuths News

OR - Kacey Perry, 10, Portland, 14 Sept 1990

The Doe Network:
    Case File 298DFOR

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/298dfor.html

Kacey Ann Perry
    Missing since September 14, 1990 from Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon.
    Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
    •Date Of Birth: May 31, 1980
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'6; 60 pounds
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    •Clothing: A bright pink blouse with black buttons; jeans; black and pink socks; and black tennis shoes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Perry lives with her mother in Jefferson, a Marion County town a few miles north of Albany, and was visiting her father in Southeast Portland.
    Her parents never married and separated when Perry was 3.
    Perry ran away from his house in the 2200 block of Southeast 37th Avenue near Laurelhurst Park, Southeast Portland, Oregon on
    September 14 1990 after arguing with him and, saying she was going to her mother's home.
    Perry's mother has legal custody of her, she became upset because he had told her to leave her mother's home and live with him.
    Perry was reportedly seen hitchhiking a few days after her disappearance in Albany and at Interstate 5 and Interstate 205 near Wilsonville.
    More than 8,000 fliers were distributed and Scuba divers searched the duck pond at Laurelhurst Park.
    Perry's belongings later were found in front of the Kienow's Food Store at Southeast 39th Avenue and Division Street.
    In August, a family friend, told police he'd killed the girl and dumped her body near Kelso, Washington.
    Police found no sign of the girl's remains, and the man recanted his claim on national TV.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning Perry's whereabouts, please contact:
    Portland Bureau of Police
    Missing Persons Unit
    503-823-0400
    Email
    All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 90-79829

NCMEC #: NCMC745166

NCIC Number: M-700439942
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    Oregon State Police Missing Children Clearinghouse
    The Oregonian

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perry_kacey.html
    More details at Charley Project.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6520/7/
    NamUs Profile:
    Dental: NA
    DNA: NA
    Fingerprints: NA

No archived articles found at this time.

Kacey has been missing almost 20 years. Come home soon.

(age progression to the right, aged 26 circa 2007)
    Attached Images Attached Images

This poor girl. I wish there was more info on her. I live right by Kelso I wonder if anyone looks for her.

BUMPING for Kacey, now missing over 22 years.

Bumping again for Kacey. Still missing 23 years later.

Wow. SE Portland (Especially Laurelhurst) was a much different place 23 years ago... I thought it was fairly dangerous, I guess it's still not the nicest part of town.

So wait, she was seen in Albany, then a few days later in Wilsonville? But her mother lived a few miles north of Albany? I'm confused.

Actually, the Laurelhurst area is a very affluent part of the city. A little farther north where her belongings were found was a different story back then, however. (Now it is also a very sought after place to live.) I'm very curious about the friend who said he killed her. Bizarre.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear." - N. Mandela

Sorry, I meant farther SOUTH where her belongings were found.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear." - N. Mandela

Cold case: Detectives searching for answers in 1990 disappearance of 10-year-old girl

http://www.kptv.com/story/34440391/c...-year-old-girl

Where is Kacey Perry? That's the question that weighs on the minds of Portland detectives more than a quarter century after the 10-year-old little girl first disappeared from her father's home.

After all this time, detectives say they are still fighting to find her.

The case of Kacey Perry captivated a region, shattered a family and haunts investigators to this day.

"I've spoken to detectives that worked on this case and this is definitely a case they've carried with them emotionally since," said Portland Police Detective Meredith Hopper.
    Detectives have their theories about what happened that night, but short of finding the evidence to prove it, they remain theories.

They've questioned people in connection with Kacey's disappearance, but no one was ever officially named a suspect.

"Detectives did a great job on the case, but unfortunately they were never able to find the answer to where she went," said Hopper.

At this point Hopper believes Kacey is not alive.

"I'd like to say yes, but it's been many years and I would be surprised," Hopper added.

Yet still, her pursuit for answers continues.

This young girl was living in a makeshift camp, and the age would match, if Kacey had survived that long!
    Also think there is a facial similarity?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2703

Just doesn't make sense to me, the father wants her to move in with him than let's her runaway to her mothers home after the fight? She's 10! Wish there was more details about how/when she left following the fight, did she sneak out when the dad wasn't looking? Run out the door in front of the dad? Read some interesting suspicions on ancestry from her brother...