Human Body Parts Found In Tiger Shark

trigger

Reaction score
Police in the Bahamas are trying to identify human remains found in a tiger shark's stomach.

Three sport fishermen made the grim find Saturday after hooking the tiger shark. One of the fishermen, Bahamian investment banker Humphrey Simmons, said the remains were a man's.

He had neither clothes nor any identifying marks," Simmons said.

Miller said at least two people have been reported missing recently in the Bahamas. He also didn't rule out the possibility that the remains are those of a migrant whose boat might have capsized en route to Florida.

http://cbs4.com/national/Bahamas.tiger.shark.2.1902227.html

I'm curious to know if the victim was alive or deceased when the shark ingested him?

Thanks trigger for the article.

What disturbs me the most is that I have participated in 2 shark snorkeling trips in the Bahamas.

When you are surrounded by them and have them bumping your fins it really makes you appreciate their power and place.

I may think again on the next trip. :)

I can't imagine seeing what those guys saw. That would haunt me forever.

(This is not directed at the OP, I just want to say to anyone that reads this thread and decides to start a new thread anytime in the future---tags on the thread really really really help to locate the thread in order to post new info LOLOLOL I just spent 15 mins lookin for this one, seachin' six ways to Sunday :D :wink: :D)

http://www.tribune242.com/news/09152010_sharkmanupdate_news_pg1

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

POLICE have identified the man found inside the belly of a 12ft Tiger Shark caught in the Bahamas by his fingerprints.

Initial tests indicate missing boater Judson Newton was eaten by the shark, confirmed Assistant Commissioner Hulan Hanna.

However police are awaiting the results of further DNA tests to confirm his identity. Up to press time it was still unknown if Mr Newton was alive or dead when he was eaten.

More at link.

Rest in Peace Judson.

I added a couple of tags. Thanks for the updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back