Photo of Caylee Mid-tantrum **REVISITED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

charok

Reaction score
mods, if this needs to be somewhere else in an existing thread, please feel free to move if needed.

this may be old, or a previously released picture, and i could have missed it in the document dumps/releases w/ this case..it struck me as odd, and wanting to see if you agree, or if its just me?

i could post the link, but i get nervous about violating a rule or copyright,so i just type out the site and give "directions" on where to go /what to look for..

if you go www.thehinkymeter.com right on right hand side of page under home, theres categories and further down is "library" theres a entry for (kc-but spelled out to her correct name)-hit that, then there is a total of 7 entries, hit part 5 "her dark triad" further down that article, there is a picture of what seems to be caylee in midtanturm. the caption w/ it asks what kind of mother takes a pic like this of their child?

i may be weird, and others may have pics of their kids in mid meltdown too, but IMO this does seem a bit odd. :waitasec:

to be fair, i dont know if it was ica who took the pic( i cant see gma ca or gpa ga taking this, but who knows?) or perhaps ica or uncle la took the pic, perhaps like teasing her( like awww look at the little tantrum, or perhaps im gonna save this pic for your first date/ embarass her later? but the pic disturbed me, and ( so far) is the only one ive seen where she is in obvious distress or mad. ( could be others but i personally have not yet them- some pics ive seen shes happy, lots she has that serious, somber look to her, but she is NOT screaming or crying.not like THAT>)

what do you guys think? reading too much into this? or is something just off w/ this picture?

That picture is sad to me. Caylee is clearing crying and reaching out to be picked up. I could never be on the other side of a camera while my child desperately wanted me to hold her. Photos of kids in mid-tantrum are one thing...to me this is different. This is a child who, mid-tantrum or not, wanted to be held (IMO). Breaks my heart.

Upon further examination, I suppose there could be other explanations for Caylee reaching out, but IMO none of them are nice. For example, the photographer could be "teasing" her by keeping a doll or stuffed lovey out of her reach and Caylee could be reaching for that rather than reaching to be held. No matter how I look at it, though, it breaks my heart.

As a mom and grandma, I would never take a picture like that. I'd be too busy picking them up and hugging them.

I have a 15-month old little boy and I have a picture of him having a fit. Does it make me a bad mom? No! When I look at the picture of Caylee, I think that she is reaching for the camera and is mad because she can't have it. My son is like this. He will pitch a fit if he can't have it (cell phone, camera, remote control, etc). I think sometimes we read too much into things. My heart continues to break for what Caylee may have gone through in her last hours on earth, but until we know more, I will reserve judgment on such as this.

To be honest this does look like a tantrum IMHO.

If Caylee were alive and well and one of her family members showed me this pic with a stack of the other pics we've seen her in, I would probably say "look at that rascal" she's throwing a hecka fit huh?

But she's not. So any picture that makes Caylee look distressed or angry unsettles me.

JMHO.

i didnt want to say that those who DO have pics of their toddlers in mid melt downs are bad parents..i'm sorry if it seemed like i did..
i can see/understand, especially the "im gonna show your first date this picture of you,acting the fool, as embarrassment. sure i got that threat w/ my baby pics, from my own folks and my older sister made the same threat. but same concept, ya know?so again parents who do have pics of their kids crying/tanturm/hissy fit, i apologize if offended you, or feel like im trying to lump you in w/ likes of ica, im not.:blushing: )

it again just seemed like THIS picture of THIS toddler *caylee* in mid meltdown mode seemed off to me.. especially w/ the hindsight factor( the death, the accusations of neglect or abuse, be it physcial or emotional/mental, name calling/snot head,ect):twocents:

This does not look like a tantrum to me. It looks like a needy child pleading for something...almost like she is being teased mercilessly.

I've looked at that photo many times and I have never seen tantrum. I see anguish.

charok, I can only speak for myself, but I didn't take your post to mean that at all.
It's a great thread and I look forward to others opinions.

If it were a tantrum, I think Caylee would be more likely to flail her arms around, try to hit something or someone nearby, or flop on the floor. To me, she's reaching for someone and wants to be held, not acting out because she's not getting her way.

To me, it appears that she's tired or reached that point where she's overtired and practically inconsolable. Of course, if all it took was to pick her up, or sit down with her and let her fall asleep, I'd be doing that and wouldn't have even thought of taking a picture. The sad thing to me is that the photographer thought a photo op was more important than addressing the situation.

And, if Caylee was constantly being photographed in silence (like the silent and creepy video we've seen that was taken in the kitchen), then I would think Caylee would be totally frustrated by the camera or video camera, and having her companion's face hidden behind a lens. No social interaction - just one-sided. I base that on the fact that in pics of Caylee when she was younger, she was more likely to smile and interact. In later pics, she looked as if she was just putting up with it and wishing it was over - no smile most of the time, just blank stares.

Poor Caylee.

DISCLAIMER: The above is my personal opinion only.

She's also standing in the trunk screaming. Maybe she is upset that Mommy is locking her in again? Poor baby it makes me sick.

Please post a link. Thanks!

Originally posted by sayd...
As a mom and grandma, I would never take a picture like that. I'd be too busy picking them up and hugging them.

I agree. I don't understand how or why anyone could take a picture of her like that. Very strange.

No surprise, but this photo was on CINDYS cell phone.

It's in the docs. We also had a discussion about it. I haven't a clue where in the docs it was, but I know I commented on it.

Do you recall how old she was in the pic (really young, or one of the later pics taken?) or what she was wearing? I will see if I can find it. Thanks!

Thank you. I would be most interested in seeing that picture.

Thank you for pointing this out. A lot of information here that I have not yet read. Valhall has done some great work. Caylee looks more frightened in that photo than angry, IMO.

Caylee is standing in the trunk, where? In what photo?

This photo was discussed 2 years ago, some posters initially thought she was in a trunk, but that wasn't really the case.

I have never bought into the theory that Casey used the trunk as a babysitter for Caylee. It's nearly impossible when you consider that even the Florida evening temperatures would have brought Caylee to her death the first time Casey tried that, much less during the daytime.

It's just not logical.

You are so right, even at night the FL temps and high humidity would have killed her first time she was in there. I lived in SW FL for over 20 years and from May-Oct it is scorching and a trunk would be hot enough to bake a cake.

I've looked at that photo many times and I have never seen tantrum. I see anguish.

Same here. Anguish and frustration.

I just don't see tantrum. Knowing what we know now, this photo breaks my heart. :cry:

that's the first time I've seen that picture

poor baby )-;

Same here. Anguish and frustration.

I just don't see tantrum. Knowing what we know now, this photo breaks my heart. :cry:

You bring up a very good point, "knowing what we know now". Had we seen this picture at any other time with an alive Caylee, most of us would have thought nothing of it. I think we all have pictures of our kids crying for various reasons, but it's only until a child is murdered that everything tends to take on a sinister connotation with everything surrounding that child and the murderer.

I detest Casey as much as anyone else for what she has done, but in reality, I don't think this picture is anything of substance other than sad to see her little cherub face upset, knowing now that she can never cry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme