FL - Dad arrested For stalking his adult daughter

omigod he just looks plain scary... i can understand being concerned, or even not approving of a relationship esp. a religious dad disproving of pre martial sex that his kids are doing, but this is way wrong.

what a weirdo

I hope she can get far, far away from him & he is never able to find her again

Dressed all in black, face painted black....a wig and notebooks? A loaded gun?

This is NOT a concerned father. This is a sick sick man!!! Thank God that police took this seriously.

Poor girl.

Hobbs said to police "O.K. you just signed her death certificate".

:eek:That dad was planning on kidnapping that poor kid. IMO. A wig? Loaded gun?

Man, that makes me feel better. All I got called was Nancy Drew for calling DD to make sure she was safe.

There has to be more to this. I have to look this guy up.

O.K. True Crime Report has this up. They always have some good comments. Warning may be offensive. This isn't a funny situation but come on. Scary stuff like this sometimes you have to bring in a lil sense of humor to keep from crying.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/08/dennis_hobbs_religious_nut_arr.php

I'd like to know if the Mom is around.

Creepy, creepy story.

creepy, creepy, creepy! i would run and hide from him aswell!

According to the police report, Hobbs sent his daughter several e-mails prior to his arrest.

One read, "I love you, but there is no loving way to do what I must."

When he was arrested, Hobbs told police, "You just signed her death certificate."

I know this was quoted above, but this statement shows how SICK this pervert is!!! I think the reference to good old daddy dearest Franklin Floyd is right on, down to the fact that he most likely sexually abused this poor girl!

SunnieRN,
I had the same thought as well. This man is way over the boundary. How far has he crossed that boundary in private? I hope LE are successful in getting this girl the protection she needs. If he bails out...

This is one seriously scary dude. I wonder exactly what he was up to? I hope his daughter finds someplace to hide far away. Very frightening.

ITA, Lovejac, yet there's no way in heck that Hobbs will be sent to a "treatment facility" for stalking. We've dealt with a now adult son with a serious stalking problem--including public indecency, violence, serious threats, obsessive phone calling, and property damage--and the most we've ever seen is a week in jail. He has numerous no contact orders spread across the state. When he was a juvenile, he got 30 days in detention. Now, he's just kind of "run out of town". He actually committed one of his crimes (trying to force himself onto a young adult church volunteer) while incarcerated and on video and was still released the next day....with a warning.

This is the tragedy of domestic violence. There's so little help for the victim, even with clear and dangerous signs from the suspect. The system rarely kicks in until it's too late.

omigod he just looks plain scary... i can understand being concerned, or even not approving of a relationship esp. a religious dad disproving of pre martial sex that his kids are doing, but this is way wrong.

I think the scariest part for me is how much he looks like any man you'd see walking into a bank or church----he looks NORMAL to me, and yet he is a nut-job that was probably going to abduct and murder his own child.

I can't figure out what he was going to do. Was he going to kill his daughter, was he trying to spot and kill the boyfriend? Was he patrolling the area for potential danger? The last one I find pretty much inconceivable because of the black face paint. Whatever he was going to do was going to have a bad ending and I'm so glad he was pre-empted.

Attachments

• stalkerdad.jpg
    stalkerdad.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 59
These kind of cases do not end until the victim is dead,now the father has been given the ok to continue his stalking behavior.Disgusted with Florida's Judicial system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back