forum loading slow or not at all

Calliope

Former Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out where to post this ... hope I have the right forum. I was answering another post and realized it wouldn't do any good to post it there.

I've read a LOT of complaints about the forum loading slow, if at all. So I know it's not just me having these issues.

This is the only site I have this problem. When it happens I'll go to other sites just to check, and all pop up immediately. I've done scans, emptied the cache and history, etc. I am convinced the problem is not on my end. FWIW, the message I get is "can’t open the page because the server where this page is located isn’t responding."

I've not paid close attention to the time, but it seems to be happening in the late morning (between 10 and noon) and then again in the late night, approximately 12 hours later. Is that a coincidence or is something being *done* that would cause this to occur on pretty much a regular basis?

Yes, there is an issue with the forum moving slow. It is going to take more than a quick fix to solve the problem. Tricia is working with to get it resolved. Thank you all for your patience! :grouphug:

OMG! The past few days are ridiculous! I have given up posting much. All I ever get is the "loading" thingy. It isn't me or my internet, everything else is fine. What is going on? It is worse than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! The past few days are ridiculous! I have given up posting much. All I ever get is the "loading" thingy. It isn't me or my internet, everything else is fine. What is going on? It is worse than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took five times of refreshing to get away from the AT&T ad - but then it was the first ad in the notes from the staff - so of course it hung up too. Is anyone working with the suppliers of the many ads to correct this problem? The AT&T ads are Google ads.

There was a database repair on either Sat or Sun (can't remember which) and the forum was down for awhile. It was noted before the repair. Tech support has been working on the site during the week as well.

There was a database repair on either Sat or Sun (can't remember which) and the forum was down for awhile. It was noted before the repair. Tech support has been working on the site during the week as well.

Thanks! Good to know. It gets frustrating at times.

Thanks! I thought my computer was dying! ugh..

I keep getting the warnings and booted (the last few weeks) and the usual message from webpage notice thingy when I thank a post that I have been getting for months :banghead:

I don't know if it is just me, but the forum seems to be very slow (on iPad and PC) for me today. Sometimes it won't open (server stopped responding"), sometimes it just hangs with the spinning icon but eventually will open.

Just an FYI, if needed.

ETA...... maybe it was a false alarm. Sorry. I just reset both and it seems to be working fine now.

I have had a problem with hang-ups -- no, not that kind, I am a '60s child! -- but, say, trying to "post quick reply" after assiduously (or not) assembling some thought, statement, question, getting it sounding as right as possible, clicking the reply thing, and....(drumroll)....hang-up -- the actual post appearance taking forever and a day, or just plain staying stuck.

This used to occur almost exclusively in the evening and extend nightward; the last few days though, it's been 24-7.

Doesn't happen all the time, or a majority of times, true. Some days are "good" days (sort of like life afer 60, in fact!) but more than several aren't; and it's fricking frustrating when it happens.

Do others experience like problems? What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back