Quran Burning on 9/11/10

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
Holy crap are you all following this news story about the Quran burning that is suppose to be taking place on 9/11? A pastor has told his congregation to burn Qurans on 9/11, and even though the pastor has been warned the FBI, White House, A major army leader, that this could incite more terrorism against the US. The Pastor is still going ahead with it! What are your thoughts on this??

Disgusting! Even though neither is my religion, burning anyone's Bible/Holy Book is just out and out disrespect for other's religion. All this idiot is going to accomplish besides loads of negative attention for himself, is to incite more Muslims to kill Americans.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Too bad he can't be locked up for the day.

I tend to agree with you Linask. But I also see it from the pastors perpspective. Not that I condone what he is doing or about to do, but I think just as the other countries have the right to burn an American flag, because of free speech, we should have the right to "fight" back so to speak. I strongly oppose the time that he is doing it though. This is not how we need to remember 9/11. This should be a holiday that we remember similiar to Vetrens day. I agree that he is putting lives in danger all across the US, as well as wherever US citizens are. It is also a strong possibility for more terrorism to come to the US.

I also beleive that he can get his point across in a different way where it is not going to tick anyone off, and be a much safer way.

This is not Christian behavior. I am thankful to all the Christians who have spoken out against this. Since when is, "They did it first," an acceptable reason to do anything. Our Lord taught us to turn the other cheek, do unto others. 3 John 11 "Beloved, do not imitate evil 8 but imitate good. Whoever does what is good is of God; whoever does what is evil has never seen God."

I wonder if this pastor is ordained, went to seminary, or was he a self-selected pastor?

Good.

I heard today that some cleric was calling for the murder of American children because of this book burning.

Way to respond with claims of a peaceful religion.

I thought he said he would not do it if they agreed to move the location of the mosque in NY.

Be right back with the link.

ETA: Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/politics-white_house/?GT1=43001

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The pastor planning to burn Qurans on the Sept. 11 anniversary said Thursday that he had called off the event after being given assurances that the Muslim group seeking to build an Islamic center near the World Trade Center site would move the project.

"We would consider that a sign from God," the Rev. Terry Jones told reporters.

But sources close to the imam behind the New York mosque denied any deal had been struck.

And Sharif Al-Gamal, owner of the building where the mosque and cultural center would be housed, told NBC News that there had had no discussions with Jones.

Jones insisted, however, that he had spoken to the imam, and "I have his word that he will move the mosque to a different location."

Cartoons Holy war
Our cartoonists take a look at the Quran-burning controversy.
..Jones also said he would travel to New York on Saturday to meet with officials of the mosque project.

President Barack Obama earlier implored Jones to call off his Quran-burning "stunt," saying it would jeopardize U.S. troops abroad.

Someone should point out to the pastor the meaning of ironic and hypocritical. I hope his congregation dwindles.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...-to-buy-proposed-nyc-islamic-center-site.html

Donald Trump has offered to buy the site for 25% over what was paid. The greedy "unusual person" selling it says he would gladly give it up to anyone for 18-20 million! He paid under 5 million a couple years ago and we all know what's happened to the real estate market since then. Talk about trying to capitalize on people's desperation. But I do hope (pray) Trump or someone buys it because this is just too much risk, IMO... I know people who were lost in the WTC and I have many friends in Manhattan (and live near it myself) and I would worry all the time if this were built even if they do have the right to do it. I am praying this does not happen...

ETA: To bring it back on topic- I hope this minister gets back to his Christian ideals and doesn't go through with something to make a point which will endanger other innocent people...

I was completly appalled when I saw this on the news, just utter disbelief that someone would burn the bible or book of another religon like that :eek:

I understand the issues at hand with the mosque but this is a little extreme..... I don't agree with the site chosen either.

Muslims are not terrorist's just happened to be that the terrorists from the 9/11 tragedy share the same faith. Why punish them all.

Our flag burning is an aggravation, I don't like it one bit, why don't you just spit in my face, but burning their (bible) is not the way, not at all.

Donald Trump offered Thursday to buy out a major investor in the real estate partnership that controls the site near ground zero where a Muslim group wants to build a 13-story Islamic center and mosque.

The offer, though, fell flat nearly instantly.

http://www.wfmz.com/money/24945104/detail.html

What I find MOST interesting is what the critics including Mayor Bloomburg have said about the book burner: Just because he has the legal right to do it doesn't mean he should.

Isn't that what others are saying about the Mosque building Mayor?

And FYI not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that some of the ones bankrolling and pushing this Mosque have ties to terrorists and groups we consider terrorist. That counts.

The victory mosque is another thread I know.

But as for book burner - he has NO following in the U.S. There are only about 50 or so people left in his congregation yet...

YOU WILL ALL BE BLAMED FOR THIS. Those running around Afghanistan burning flags do not have the good sense to distinguish - but then again they don't want to. We are all infidels.

Thank goodness. Hope this is the last 15 minutes this pastor ever gets.

Nope:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/quran_burning

Look, I'm a huge supporter of freedom of speech, but this idiot is nothing more than a hypocritical media *advertiser censored* using Christianity as a vehicle to gain fame and spread hatred.

I'm also a huge fan of common sense, tolerance and mutual respect but there's no evidence of those characteristics with this "preacher."

I tend to agree with you Linask. But I also see it from the pastors perpspective. Not that I condone what he is doing or about to do, but I think just as the other countries have the right to burn an American flag, because of free speech, we should have the right to "fight" back so to speak. I strongly oppose the time that he is doing it though. This is not how we need to remember 9/11. This should be a holiday that we remember similiar to Vetrens day. I agree that he is putting lives in danger all across the US, as well as wherever US citizens are. It is also a strong possibility for more terrorism to come to the US.

I also beleive that he can get his point across in a different way where it is not going to tick anyone off, and be a much safer way.

BBM

I agree it is his right to burn the Qur'an but as to the BBM portion I have a thought to add.

I think you are mistaken that he can get his point across in some way that doesn't tick anyone off. I believe his entire point is to tick alot of people off. That is why he has chosen this particular act to occur on that particular day.

His goal is all about ticking people off and inciting others to join him in persecuting the muslim religion for the actions of a few zealots on 9/11 who were using the Qur'an to further Al Qaeda's agenda of war and terror.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back