1184 users online (167 members and 1017 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - George Baker, 81, beaten to death, Lynchburg, 5 Sept 2010

http://www.azfamily.com/home/3-Va-te....html#comments

Three boys, ages 16, 13 and 16 wanted to show off for some girls. So they said they would hit the next person they saw.

The next person they saw was an 81 year old man, who stepped outside of the reception where they were celebrating the marriage of his granddaughter.

They killed him, on his granddaughters wedding day.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

"Catching a body" that's what they call that.

Dear God what is wrong with these kids?

Lord, please help this family at such a horrific time. A wedding. His own grandaughter's wedding.

Heartless and despicable. I hope they never get out of prison.

Oh my God.

What a horrible thing to happen to this man and his family.

I see in the comments that some are questioning if race or nationality had a role.

This is terrible, beyond words.
    [/I]

I heard about this on HLN last night. Such a sad situation. My heart goes out to his family. Since when is beating an old man to death impressive? What would make these kids think that that would impress a girl?
    Happy New Years

Can't the kids think of their own grandfathers? Would they be happy if it happens to them from someone else for beaten to death? It's just dumb reason for show off to some girls.

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    I certainly hope they get tried as adults.

81 Year Old Man Beaten to Death by Three Teens

LYNCHBURG -- There are no flowers, candles or pictures memorializing the spot in downtown Lynchburg where police said three teens fatally beat an 81-year-old man Sunday to impress a group of girls.

But the violence that erupted on Main Street will not soon be forgotten by residents and business owners in a city that last year saw no homicides and know their historic downtown to be safe.

"Everyone's sickened by it," said City Manager Kimball Payne, who called the killing a "random act of insanity."

Three juveniles -- two 16-year-olds and a 13-year-old -- have been charged with murder in the death of George Leroy Baker III, of Tempe, Ariz.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/...HeadlineVA.com
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

I hope they ALL are charged as adults.
    How sickening....an 81yo.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

And this poor gentlemen was visiting from Arizona for his granddaughter's wedding.

These teenagers need to be tried as adults with the appropriate punishment. Lately there seems to be too many horrendous crimes being committed by juvenile delinquents, and in some cases the laws may need to be changed to lower the minimum age they can be tried as an adult. A few years spent in jail isn't going to change them except for them to come out meaner and kill again. MOO

for Mr. Baker, RIP
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Oh we have a thread on this. I was like "Another man this age at a wedding?"

God Bless him.

They call it "Catching a body". They do it here. I bet those girls were real impressed alrightie.

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    And this poor gentlemen was visiting from Arizona for his granddaughter's wedding.

These teenagers need to be tried as adults with the appropriate punishment. Lately there seems to be too many horrendous crimes being committed by juvenile delinquents, and in some cases the laws may need to be changed to lower the minimum age they can be tried as an adult. A few years spent in jail isn't going to change them except for them to come out meaner and kill again. MOO

for Mr. Baker, RIP
    It is a sad day for our country when it takes beating an elderly man to death to impress girls. I am not sure which is more frightening and disgusting ....the teen males who would do this or the girls who would get a thrill out of it. (shudder)

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Heatbreaking in every possible way. I really do not understand.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/201...-tu-ar-496134/

This breaks my heart even more. This innocent man, was a member of this family who has more forgiveness than I can muster right now.

Gregg Baker said he is not thinking about revenge, but his faith. "I don't want retribution. I want God to touch their lives," he told KPNX.

This article names the two 16 year olds.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/201...d-s-ar-498175/

Kenneth Davis and Vernon Jackson, both 16, and an unidentified 13-year-old were arrested Tuesday and charged with murder in the slaying of 81-year-old George Leroy Baker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast