Did Susan Powell's father-in-law have a "crush" on her?

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last night on the Levi Page show I talked about Josh's father's "crush" on Susan. This man is a piece of work.

I can't give you much more than he made Susan feel uncomfortable according to my sources.

Think about it. How many father in-law's do you know that have a "thing" for their son's wife.

Hopefully more about this will be brought out in the days to come.

It may not have one single thing to do with her disappearance. Then again, it could have a lot to do with it.

I listened but missed this part (DD called) and glad you brought this part out for our attention.
I do remember reading this in the Susan threads.
IIRC that is the reason she wanted to move away from where the
FIL lived.
JP talked to his father more than he talked to Susan IIRC.
I agree BOTH are made of the same cloth.............

In My Opinion this is what needs to be looked at now. If he had an obsession with Susan then it needs to be investigated.

Have the police in Washington ever searched Steven's house? I don't know if they would have probable cause but this would be a good place to start.

"Clearly, we think Susan decided to leave," Steven Powell wrote. "This has little to do with Josh because their marriage was basically normal. There is no evidence to the contrary."

"Although (Susan's parents) would like the public to believe otherwise ... most of the time it was a happy and stable relationship," Steven Powell continued. "However, Susan had an occasional tendency to lose control."

It's a characterization of the 28-year-old mother that her friends say is completely untrue.

"They would get in fights and talk about divorce and she would say. 'I'm going to take the kids,'" Susan Powell's close friend Kiirsi Hellewell said. "And he would say, "No. Over my dead body.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/vanished-...lvement-wifes-disappearance/story?id=11573019

I am not surprise about Steven Powell.

In my heart I believe that Steven knows what happen to Susan.

If Josh told the truth to anyone it would be his father.

Wow this little ti bit got me thinking about another theory. :banghead:

Good Job on Levi last night. It has me looking at this case again:waitasec:

I have a question

I found this comment that I just snip but like to know if this been confirm?

snip
There are 3 or 4 unemployed siblings of Josh's all living with Josh's Father,

Steve Powell who also goes by name of Steve Chantry and has his own website.

Steve Powell aka chantrey poisons everything he touches, IMHO.

Well, like any cult group, they do have an impenetrable family compound, complete with those who have been banished. (i.e., Jennifer and Terrica.) It's quite common for cult leaders to behave in these ways, and I'm just hoping that the feds are watching them as they should be any possibly dangerous group of wackos.
:cow:

Any statement of Jennifer thoughts on her father?

and where heck is Josh's mom. This starting to sound like Molher family

Last night on the Levi Page show I talked about Josh's father's "crush" on Susan. This man is a piece of work.

I can't give you much more than he made Susan feel uncomfortable according to my sources.

Think about it. How many father in-law's do you know that have a "thing" for their son's wife.

Hopefully more about this will be brought out in the days to come.

It may not have one single thing to do with her disappearance. Then again, it could have a lot to do with it.

Tricia, have you listened to or read the lyric's to SP's songs? It really ups the creep factor if you do so keeping in mind SP has a crush on Susan. Ick.

BTW, many many years ago I worked with someone who's FIL was obsessed with her. He couldn't control himself even at family functions. It got so bad his son had to get a restraining order against him. Even after that he would follow her to and from work in his car.

I have a question

I found this comment that I just snip but like to know if this been confirm?
It is all confirmed.

snip
There are 3 or 4 unemployed siblings of Josh's all living with Josh's Father,

Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, said that her father, Steven, is the only adult in the home who is working at this time. Three of Jennifer's brothers and one sister all live in the home with their father, are all 24 and older, and are all unemployed. She does not believe it is a good environment for her nephews.

Steve Powell who also goes by name of Steve Chantry and has his own website.

Steven Powell aka Steven Chantrey,
Steven works selling furniture made in prisons that is then sold mostly to public schools and that on the side, he writes and edits songs using the name 'Steven Chantrey'.

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-i...well-s-children-ages-5-and-3-experts-weigh-in

So how is this scenario playing out? SP has her in hiding, being held captive by who? Does he make weekly trips to visit his "crush". I think it would be very easy for LE to watch for a time period and prove this wrong. Kept in his house? And would the children not hear her and the rest of the family is in on it?? Really?

I'm all in agreement that there are some disturbing dynamics within that family, and would probably feel uncomfortable in that household, and I'm not LDS, but I can't take this seriously. I think Susan felt uncomfortable because of SP's distain for her religion, period. Think about it. Are there any proven facts to back this up? Notes, letters, etc?? Heresay and 3rd party rumor is not considered facts.

Don't you think Susan would fight him to the death for her children when they would be together? I would... and probably every mother out there would. Would you keep someone around who wanted nothing to do with you, and fought you every step of the way? Don't think so. JMO

Tricia, have you listened to or read the lyric's to SP's songs? It really ups the creep factor if you do so keeping in mind SP has a crush on Susan. Ick.

BTW, many many years ago I worked with someone who's FIL was obsessed with her. He couldn't control himself even at family functions. It got so bad his son had to get a restraining order against him. Even after that he would follow her to and from work in his car.

Can you link to the songs please?

yes please link to the song and his web site (if we can)TIA

So how is this scenario playing out? SP has her in hiding, being held captive by who? Does he make weekly trips to visit his "crush". I think it would be very easy for LE to watch for a time period and prove this wrong. Kept in his house? And would the children not hear her and the rest of the family is in on it?? Really?

I'm all in agreement that there are some disturbing dynamics within that family, and would probably feel uncomfortable in that household, and I'm not LDS, but I can't take this seriously. I think Susan felt uncomfortable because of SP's distain for her religion, period. Think about it. Are there any proven facts to back this up? Notes, letters, etc?? Heresay and 3rd party rumor is not considered facts.

Don't you think Susan would fight him to the death for her children when they would be together? I would... and probably every mother out there would. Would you keep someone around who wanted nothing to do with you, and fought you every step of the way? Don't think so. JMO

Holly, you could be right. Absolutely.

I am not suggesting she is alive or anyone is keeping her alive. I think she is dead.

Is there a chance she is alive? YES. Elizabeth Smart proved me wrong so until I see a body I never give up hope. But the odds are so against Susan being alive that to me, the common sense conclusion is, she is dead.

As far as Josh's dad having a "crush" on Susan this is info I have received from sources close to her. I have no reason to doubt them. Could they be wrong? Absolutely. But I wanted to put it out there for discussion.

Steve Powell aka chantrey poisons everything he touches, IMHO.

Hi Jacie and Welcome.

Do you have any info you can share with us?

Tricia

This a song written and sung by Susan Powell's father in-law. I have no idea who he was thinking of when he wrote this song. I am not suggesting this is about Susan since I have no idea.

I do know that sources say he made Susan feel uncomfortable. Also saying he had a "thing" for her.

Since Susan is not here to confirm or deny what others are saying we have to decide if we believe the people in Susan's life who are suggesting this.

I Said, I Love You

I said, "I love you." Is that a sin?
I just might wanna say it once again:
I love you, like it or don't.
I said, "I love you." You should have kissed me.
I felt like giving up when you just dissed me.
I love you, so I guess I won't.

You think I'm crazy, but I insist,
It's simple, I can't resist.
The lips that I never kissed, but wanted
To plant my lips everywhere on you,
And count every hair on you,
And sit here and stare at what you flaunted.
(*snip*)

http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/LightOfSeattle/ISaidILoveYou.aspx

There is a lot more at the link.

Wow

From Steven Web site

snips~ just chilling knowing Susan is missing

In only a matter of months my dad made a unilateral and secretive decision to separate from my mom. So on a given weekend he took us to visit his parents while my mom went to spend the weekend with her aunt in Burbank. Unbeknownst to her, my grandparents had, prior to that weekend visit, transported their trailer house to Northern California, and parked it in Weed.

When we headed over to see my grandparents, and kept going north on Highway 1, something seemed amiss to me, even at seven years old. "Where is momma?" I asked. Grandma curtly replied, "You're never going to see your mother again." Of course, that was more devastating than the disappearance of the green car. My older brother, my sister and I were inconsolable. My baby brother probably just wondered what the commotion was about.

The trailer camp was surrounded by bull pines and terraced up the side of a hill. I would go up the hill and play with my friends and my brother. On one occasion I informed one of my buddies that my grandparents had kidnapped us. My brother, who overheard, reported the conversation back to my grandmother, who encouraged me to keep my mouth shut (I was lying, in her estimation) by pouring a liberal dose of cayenne pepper on my tongue and making me stand in the corner.

AND THIS PART (sometime I read in to more that I should) :banghead:
The first words that offer themselves as partners for a given melody do not always make it to the final cut.

http://www.stevechantrey.com/Pages/About/MeetSteve.aspx

Wonder what ever happen to Steven's mom?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back