Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2714DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2714dftx.html

Marian Joan Hurley
Missing since September 18, 1999 from Granbury, Hood County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: February 2, 1955
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 44 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 100 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark brown hair; blue eyes. Pierced ears.
•Marks, Scars: She has metal pins in both legs due to an automobile accident. She has numerous scars on both of her legs due to the accident.
•AKA: Her maiden name is "Monahan."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marian Hurley on September 18, 1999 at her place of business, Par 3 Golf Course, located in Hood County Texas, by a friend. Marion reportedly spent the night with her family, which consisted of her husband, and her two children, at the DeCordova Dam Park on the night of September 18, 1999. Marion reportedly left the park on the morning of September 19, 1999 and went to her home located in DeCordova, Texas. Marion has not been seen or heard from since.

Her husband reported to Law Enforcement that Marian left with an unidentified female friend in a white passenger car and was headed to California. He never reported his wife missing. It was not until a week later that a friend of the Hurleys notified authorities.
Since Mrs. Hurley disappeared, there has been no use of her ATM or credit cards.

Since Marian's disappearance, Law Enforcement has searched the Golf Course where Marion was last seen multiple times with no discovery of any leads. Law Enforcement have searched the residence where Marion lived as well as the area around the house, again with no discovery of any leads into the whereabouts of Marian. Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Department of Public Safety
1-800-346-3243

TDPS Case Number: M0506001

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Missing Texas Woman Remains A Mystery
Hood County Crime Stoppers

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hurley_marian.html
Many more details at Charley Project.

Not in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles at this time.

Marian has been missing almost 11 years. Her children deserve to know what happened to her. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Marian Joan Hurley.bmp
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
I live in Hood County and there is a lot of mysterious circumstances going on with missing and murdered women you'll never hear about outside the Hood. Need to get some REAL investigators out here. Not these corrupt ones here.

What about UP11354?
The longer I research this, the more it makes sense.

For one, I don't believe the husband (William Stanley "Wil" Hurley) at all. Second, the golf course they owned (5101 Fall Creek Hwy) is only a few miles away from where UP11354 was supposedly found (yet the exact location on NamUs seems inaccurate since it was found near a residence that was in construction). Right now, I am trying to figure out the exact residence she was found next to and see if William had any connections or relationship to that property. Additional information may be gained from google maps since it is now supposedly registered as an RV trailer park. A detailed timeline of the property would be very interesting; including its ownership history.

If we can identify the exact property UP11354 was found near, perhaps local media stories (I assume something like this would be in local media or people from the area would have heard about it), tracking down the owner of the property would be a lot easier to see if William had a connection to it.
Similarly, if we can find nearby residences that were under construction the day the remains were found, this could help narrow down the search for the exact one of interest here.

Additionally, any information we can gather on William Stanley Hurley (if that is his real name) would be of great help.

The longer I research this, the more it makes sense.

For one, I don't believe the husband (William Stanley "Wil" Hurley) at all. Second, the golf course they owned (5101 Fall Creek Hwy) is only a few miles away from where UP11354 was supposedly found (yet the exact location on NamUs seems inaccurate since it was found near a residence that was in construction). Right now, I am trying to figure out the exact residence she was found next to and see if William had any connections or relationship to that property. Additional information may be gained from google maps since it is now supposedly registered as an RV trailer park. A detailed timeline of the property would be very interesting; including its ownership history.

If we can identify the exact property UP11354 was found near, perhaps local media stories (I assume something like this would be in local media or people from the area would have heard about it), tracking down the owner of the property would be a lot easier to see if William had a connection to it.
Similarly, if we can find nearby residences that were under construction the day the remains were found, this could help narrow down the search for the exact one of interest here.

Additionally, any information we can gather on William Stanley Hurley (if that is his real name) would be of great help.
I have found his past address: 4222 Mojave Dr.

After much research, here is my theory as to Marian's location:

William Stanley Hurley, his wife Marian and their two daughters go camping at the DeCordova Dam Park (now called the De Cordova Bend Park Campground) on September 18, 1999. Although William has told law enforcement that Marian left the campsite in the morning of the 19th, the daughters’ accounts seem to tell a different picture. The eldest daughter said that her mother was with them the entire day of the 18th and when she asked her father (William) about her whereabouts the following morning (while still on the campsite), he replied that she was not going to be living with them anymore.

The most probable scenario is that William silently killed Marian (perhaps by suffocation) as the daughters were asleep on the campground. He would not have wanted to travel far away to dispose of the body in case the daughters suddenly awoke. Therefore, this leaves three options. The first is that she was dumped in the water off of the dock [32°22'32.67"N 97°41'23.31"W] OR [32°22'37.63"N 97°41'29.57"W]. The second is that she was hastily buried in a dirt pile that seems to have remained practically untouched to this day [32°22'35.48"N 97°41'19.84"W]. And the third, mostly likely spot is near the dam and within a 150 foot radius of [32°22'27.03"N 97°41'16.25"W].

The dam site would likely be an ideal area to dump a body; and it would be a great inconvenience to stop its operation simply based on a hunch. William likely understood that. Additionally, depending on where she was dumped, her bones may never be found as they were eventually swept away in the water. As it stands however, (and assuming that they were camped at nearby the southern end of the campsite) the best chance we have at locating her is by halting the dam’s operation and draining the area immediately behind the main wall (and nearby the overhanging ledge).

hurley dump location 1.PNG

Talking to the daughters may lead us to discount any of these options depending upon their memory of where they set up their tents (and what landmarks – if any – they remember about that spot.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back