Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I'm still not seeing how this case can ever be considered airtight...unless they find Kyron with a perp. That might be airtight. Otherwise, the jury will hear LE's scenario of what must have happened. And it may be right, but who is to know for sure? Even finding Kyron's body will probably not, at this point, offer many clues, unless he is found on or near Horman property.

If he is alive, of course, he will be able to tell what happened, so in that case, assuming he is found, it could be an airtight case.
    Then the defense should hope there are more people like you, than like me on the jury when it is finally submitted.

I just think there are plenty of scenarios that have proof involved, just not the final piece or we would have already seen charges. That's why I would do exactly what they are doing going forward.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    Then the defense should hope there are more people like you, than like me on the jury when it is finally submitted.

I just think there are plenty of scenarios that have proof involved, just not the final piece or we would have already seen charges. That's why I would do exactly what they are doing going forward.
    I don't mean to be disagreeable. I'm just having trouble seeing how this could pan out. Assuming no one saw Terri take Kyron away (I do assume this, since she is not arrested for kidnapping or abduction), prosecution will probably have to present witnesses to various possible sightings of people near what may have been the Horman truck, inferring that Kyron was being spirited into it, per Terri. If Kyron is never found, prosecution will have to further infer that since Kyron has never been seen alive again, Terri and accomplice are guility of...whatever they are saying the crime is. They will have the hole in her alibi, her questionable accounts of the day, her behavior after the event, maybe a psych analysis and other circumstantial evidence. All of this could lead a jury to conclude she is guilty and she may well be convicted. But I guess what I mean is, if we don't end up knowing for sure what actually happened, and Kyron's fate, I would not feel that the case is resolved, even if Terri is jailed for life.
    Just my opinion, of course.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I don't mean to be disagreeable. I'm just having trouble seeing how this could pan out. Assuming no one saw Terri take Kyron away (I do assume this, since she is not arrested for kidnapping or abduction), prosecution will probably have to present witnesses to various possible sightings of people near what may have been the Horman truck, inferring that Kyron was being spirited into it, per Terri. If Kyron is never found, prosecution will have to further infer that since Kyron has never been seen alive again, Terri and accomplice are guility of...whatever they are saying the crime is. They will have the hole in her alibi, her questionable accounts of the day, her behavior after the event, maybe a psych analysis and other circumstantial evidence. All of this could lead a jury to conclude she is guilty and she may well be convicted. But I guess what I mean is, if we don't end up knowing for sure what actually happened, and Kyron's fate, I would not feel that the case is resolved, even if Terri is jailed for life.
    Sounds a lot like the Lacy Peterson case. No one saw him kill her, or put her in the car, or drop her into the SF Bay. No video, no nothing. He was found guilty.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

I am wondering if it would be possible for people to stay on topic. This started out as a great thread topic, I would hate to see it go the way of some other great threads that have gone into 'review' and will probably never be seen again.

i.b.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Sounds a lot like the Lacy Peterson case. No one saw him kill her, or put her in the car, or drop her into the SF Bay. No video, no nothing. He was found guilty.
    Well, he did have that whole "my wife recently died and I'm so lonely" suave line he whipped out to pick up a pretty blond at a party. Before Lacy was dead.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

I'd like to think LE is on top of this case, mostly the part of figuring out where Kyron might be. But I won't blame them if they can't find him-we've seen photos of what it is like out there...

I'm pretty confident that long ago, LE knew pretty much everyone Terri had so much as touched base with over the past six months or longer. That's why I am finding the "handing off" theory so hard to swallow. They may even know who all Dede was in touch with during the last several months. And if no one is "missing" than it makes it less likely, to me, that Kyron is being kept away for his own good, or whatever reason may have been given.

It's never been my feeling that LE isn't doing all they can-I'm just not sure what they can do, when there are no clues to Kyron's whereabouts, status, etc...It's a very sad situation, obviously, and one that wil require a great good piece of luck at some point.
    Just my opinion, of course.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I'd like to think LE is on top of this case, mostly the part of figuring out where Kyron might be. But I won't blame them if they can't find him-we've seen photos of what it is like out there...

I'm pretty confident that long ago, LE knew pretty much everyone Terri had so much as touched base with over the past six months or longer. That's why I am finding the "handing off" theory so hard to swallow. They may even know who all Dede was in touch with during the last several months. And if no one is "missing" than it makes it less likely, to me, that Kyron is being kept away for his own good, or whatever reason may have been given.

It's never been my feeling that LE isn't doing all they can-I'm just not sure what they can do, when there are no clues to Kyron's whereabouts, status, etc...It's a very sad situation, obviously, and one that wil require a great good piece of luck at some point.

I believe LE is actively pursuing leads coming in about this case and that they are working feverishly to solve this case; however, I also strongly believe that leads, tips, and perhaps even evidence that doesn't support their belief that Terri did this aren't given as much attention.

Despite frequent comparisons, this case is not at all like the Haleigh Cummings case, IMHO. Whoever took Kyron planned it, IMHO; Kyron's abduction involved more cunning, more risk, less privacy, less lead time (at least initially). Someone skilled enough, cunning enough, smart enough carried out this plan without being seen, without leaving any evidence behind, and without, so far, being caught. Contrast the image of this person against Terri posting her thoughts on Facebook, venting to friends, posting on the 'net, getting caught up in Sext Gate, etc.

Dede Spicher has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion based on nothing but guilt by association (NONE of the reports can agree about when she was at work that day and/or missing), so I know her words don't mean much to some people, but she says police only wanted to hear her say that Terri did it or Terri had knowledge of it, and I believe her. Dede hasn't been arrested, hasn't testified before the grand jury, hasn't been in trouble with LE, etc. Based on what I can gather, Dave Stensen wasn't properly interviewed until months after the fact. Why? This whole thing reeks of tunnel vision, IMHO.

So, yes, I believe LE is working hard to solve this case, but they're working hard to the end that Terri did it. Maybe they can't solve the case, unearth evidence, or find Kyron because Terri didn't do it. I hope pride and ego are not in the way of solving this case. I want Kyron to be found. If Terri did it, I want LE to find the evidence, arrest/indict her, convict her, and punish her to the fullest extent possible, but if she didn't do it, then I don't want her arrested/indicted and convicted so that people can rest easy "knowing" they were right.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cypress For This Useful Post:

KNOCK IT OFF!

If you have a problem, contact a moderator. Do NOT complain on the open forum. Period. End of story!!!

If I have to close every thread containing complaints about other posters in it, then I will. What use are they if we aren't discussing how we can find KYRON!?

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat010 View Post
    If you were suddenly appointed to head up the investigation, what actions would you take? And why? What would you base those actions on?

(FYI, I've previously discussed this thread topic with Tricia and gotten an OK.)

With respect, I'd like to ask that we avoid answers like "I'd arrest TH/DS right now!" However, if you think that they are guilty, tell us what actions you would take, and what you'd base those actions on, to move things along so that an arrest is feasible.

Ditto for anyone else.

So, they're at a standstill. You've just taken over the investigation, knowing what you know right now.

What actions would you take? And why? What would you base those actions on?
    This thread is open again. Please review the initiating post and stay on topic.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10