1216 users online (210 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP8269, 60-70, at recycling center, Sep'10

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7231116.story

There is no word on the victim's identity or the circumstances of her death.

The scene is under active investigation.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.

It was at a recycling facility, so who knows where the body was when someone disposed of it. They just found this body this afternoon -- you sure get news fast!

ugh, hope this isn't Dawn Viens.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    ugh, hope this isn't Dawn Viens.
    I doubt it. She's been missing nearly a year and it would be a little unusual for her to show up in the trash now. Not impossible, but not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I doubt it. She's been missing nearly a year and it would be a little unusual for her to show up in the trash now. Not impossible, but not likely.
    You are probably right. Weird, though, that this story is in the news the last couple of days after so long.

This sounds like they need to know who it is if they know she's 20.

Woman's body is found at recycling center near Dodger Stadium
    Comments (4)
    (3)
    (18)
    September 10, 2010 | 7:15 pm

A 20-year-old woman was found dead Friday afternoon, her body wrapped in a bag, at a Los Angeles recycling center near Dodger Stadium, authorities said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ng-center.html

But then this, a day later, the same writer, says it could be a woman in her twenties.

Crime | Government | Medical marijuana | Education | Prop 8 | Traffic | Westside
    L.A. NOW
    Southern California -- this just in

« Previous | L.A. NOW Home | Next »
    Badly decomposed body found at recycling center near Chinatown
    Comments (6)
    (15)
    (13)
    September 11, 2010 | 8:07 am
    A recycling facility is now a crime scene after a woman's body was discovered inside a bag.

Los Angeles Police Department detectives on Saturday were trying to determine the identity of a body found wrapped in a plastic bag at a recycling center near Chinatown.

Officials said the body, which was badly decomposed, could be that of a woman in her 20s.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...chinatown.html

Maybe they initially had a missing person report of a woman in her twenties in mind for a match?
    But according to Namus the victim is way older than that.
    https://identifyus.org/cases/8269

Address 2 1000 N. Main St.
    City Los Angeles
    State California
    Zip code 90012
    County Los Angeles
    Body found at recycling center, wrapped in sheets and plastic

Estimated age Adult
    Minimum age 60 years
    Maximum age 70 years

Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) 98, Estimated
    Height (inches) 65, Estimated

She has brown hair.

LOS ANGELES—Authorities are offering $50,000 for information about an unidentified woman whose body was found in the trash at a Los Angeles recycling center. <snip>

Police posted information on a Facebook page called "The Body Recycler."

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_1...nclick_check=1

FB link:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...308277?sk=info

Interestingly with a 50 grand reward the NamUs case file is not updated with the sketch and jewelry information LE posted at the FB page.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8269
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-08-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

According to the MSM article this UID had a recent dental crown. (I don't see that detail listed at NamUs or the FB page). It got me thinking about how Chicago PD solved the Marlaina Reed case. They sent Marlaina's dental information to a local dental publication and a local dentist and his/her receptionist recognized Marlaina as a patient which led to her ID.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=49245

Marlaina also has a thread here at WS which has since moved to the currently awaiting trial forum. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=marlaina+reed

Hopefully LAPD has sent this UID's dental info to any local and national dental publications as possible.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

from Cubby's first link:

"The reward was announced Thursday for information that could lead to the woman's identity and the circumstances of her death." (emphasis added)

for $50k, I'll keep trolling the internet to try to get an identity, but that sentence says identity "and the circumstances of her death."

makes me wonder if an indentity is worth (reward-wise) or if what they really want is the circumstances of death.

An ID might lead to the circumstances of her death as it did in the case of Marlaina Reed. FWIW, Marlaina was a ward of the state and a teen runaway on the streets. Her case was featured on AMW but due to her circumstances we didn't have much faith she'd be id'd. Not only was she id'd but her killer was caught and is awaiting trial.

We do this sleuthing reward or not, so let's see what we can do to help this UID get her name back and give LAPD some assistance with this case. Also, as with any reward there are always specifics - it may be reward will be split among more than one individual who assists with providing information leading to the id and/or circumstances of her murder.
    ~JMO~

I see the very first link provides a composite sketch which is not found at Namus.

any way the more technologically advanced can post the face on the thread for easy access?

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I see the very first link provides a composite sketch which is not found at Namus.

any way the more technologically advanced can post the face on the thread for easy access?

I couldn't pull them over so I sent Carlk a message requesting he do so.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I couldn't pull them over so I sent Carlk a message requesting he do so.
    Here's her facial reconstruction:

Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 05:45 PM.

The estimated age range is all over the place for this UID.
    • Initial MSM reports est age 20's
    • NamUs 60-70
    • FaceBook 40-80
    • Most recent MSM article 50-60
    Which basically leaves us with the possibility of a lot of throw it against the wall and see what sticks. Due to that I noticed the following identifiers at the NamUs case file and most recent MSM article.

From NamUs:
    Finger Prints available and negative with CA-DOJ, FBI and DHS-BSC West

From MSM article (April 11):
    Recent Dental Crown

Hopefully the above might help with research for possible matches.
    ~JMO~

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast