CA CA - Dawn Viens, 37, Lomita, 18 Oct 2009 - *D. Viens Guilty*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.scpr.org/news/2009/12/23/publics-help-sought-finding-missing-woman/

Public's help sought in finding missing woman
Dec. 23, 2009 | KPCC Wire Services

LOMITA — Sheriff's detectives are asking the public's help in locating a 37-year-old woman last seen leaving work.

Dawn Marie Viens left work on Narbonne Avenue in Lomita at 5 p.m. Sunday, said Detective Diane Harris.

Viens is 5 feet 7 inches tall, 110 pounds, and has red hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo of a yellow butterfly on her right hip and a tattoo of a star on an ankle, Harris said.

She was wearing tan pants and a white shirt when last seen.

Anyone with information was asked to call Harris or missing persons detectives at (323) 890-5500.

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=7656.0

20091223__C_TN24-MISSING+PC4LHDF_300.JPG

Nancy Grace will be following Dawn Viens disappearance tonight.
Tonight -- The beautiful wife of a successful business owner mysteriously vanishes without a trace. He reportedly never reports her missing and reportedly has his girlfriend move into the family home! What happened to Dawn Viens?

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_16015104

By Larry Altman Staff Writer
Posted: 09/07/2010 06:14:40 PM PDTUpdated: 09/07/2010 07:19:39 PM PDT

20100907__viensmug_400.JPG

Thanks for the article - this is strange <snipped>

Afraid he could go to jail again one day, she stashed money with a friend. It grew to about $640. <snipped>

$640.00 are you kidding me. DV's husband has a history of selling drugs and he runs a restaurant? Really?!

Maybe the IRS should look into money laundering while they are at it. 1 year later this is now going national, what a shame.

Thanks for the article - this is strange <snipped>

Afraid he could go to jail again one day, she stashed money with a friend. It grew to about $640. <snipped>

$640.00 are you kidding me. DV's husband has a history of selling drugs and he runs a restaurant? Really?!

Maybe the IRS should look into money laundering while they are at it. 1 year later this is now going national, what a shame.

ITA...I thought this she was just missing..

CA CA - Dawn Marie Viens - 37 years old - Lomita - Dec 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Information and Support for family only thread. It has many articles available to read. (TY Summerbreeze)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/viens_dawn.html

Dawn went missing in October of 2009. Her Husband did not report her missing. Her friends did IIRC 3 weeks later.

NG had coverage of Dawn tonight on her show.

Homicide detectives are now working Dawn's case IIRC.

After Dawn disappeared, her Husband moved his pregnant girlfriend into their home and gave her Dawn's job as a hostess at his restaurant. (From what I remember from watching NG).

Prayers for Dawn's family.

Attachments

• Dawn Vien.jpg
    Dawn Vien.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 35
http://www.islander.org/2010-04-21/police-viens-04-21.php

Apr 21, 2010

While she and her Husband lived on Anna Maria Island they had a restaurant as well.

LE made a raid on the restaurant and their home in 2005 and arrested her Husband.

snipped:

David Viens was arrested Jan. 6, 2005, on suspicion of marijuana possession with intent to sell or distribute within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of opium and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He also was arrested on suspicion of trafficking marijuana.

On April 5, 2005, the state attorney dropped all the charges.

So his a convicted felon. I wonder what he was convicted for in the past?

Took the long enough to figure something untoward happened to her :waitasec:

Come home soon.

... After Dawn disappeared, her Husband moved his pregnant girlfriend into their home and gave her Dawn's job as a hostess at his restaurant. (From what I remember from watching NG).

If you're remembering this correctly, Kat, it seems rather obvious to me what happened here and who might be responsible. Her husband moved his pregnant girlfriend into his and Dawn's home shortly after Dawn disappeared????? Good grief.

And in one of the links here it states that while other businesses in town have missing posters for his wife, his business does not. Can this guy be any more obvious? Maybe he should wear a sign saying, "I did it."

Overreaction? Maybe. JMHO ... but it's a good opinion! :)

Hopefully PattyG has the NG coverage on her youtube account.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/10/ng.01.html

Aired September 10, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

.(Nancy Grace talking) Her husband, the restaurant owner in the LA area, immediately moves the new girlfriend into the home, the family home, and props (ph) the girlfriend up as the hostess, the job his wife had the day before. (the day before comment might have been an exageration?)

Back to you, Debra Mark, KABC, Talk Radio 790. Now, how quickly did the husband move the girlfriend into the hostess position at the restaurant?

Lot's of info at NG transcript

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1009/10/ng.01.html

Aired September 10, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

Lot's of info at NG transcript

Thanks, Kat.

No mention in the transcript that the moved-in girlfriend/new restaurant hostess is pregnant, but that's OK. She doesn't have to be pregnant for Dawn's husband to be responsible for his wife's disappearance and possible (probable) death.

And he never posted a reward for Dawn's return because he claims he's broke--yet he expanded his restaurant since her disappearance. He had enough money for that ... And, as stated before, he never even posted a missing person's poster on his restaurant window, though many other businesses in the neighborhood did. :mad: :mad: :mad: What a guy!

Can you tell I don't like this guy, people? lol

The images of Dawn Viens in posts #2 and #4 of this thread are so completely different than one another, they almost look like they represent two separate people. I'd be interested to know which photo is the most recent. The blondish person in the second photo looks older and more worn out than the person in the first photo--poor thing.

I thought this was interesting as well. Ten days before her disappearance, Dawn Viens wrote this comment at Urban Spoon:

patience
by Dawn Viens (1 review)
October 08, 2009
HI, I'm Dawn My husband /chef is David
We are a work in progress, only open for 16 days.
I know we are not yet perfect, but we work 14 hours a day to become so!
No more server check outs in restaurant, and we have added a "please use your cell w/discretion" on menu.
Thank you for your input, and try us next time. = )

The restaurant had only been open for 16 days (following remodeling?) and she disappeared ten days after she wrote this post. Funny how she sounds so lucid and clear considering her husband claims he fired her the day she disappeared because of her drunkenness and drug taking, but wouldn't elaborate on his remark. Who makes that kind of denigrating remark about their missing and possibly dead wife? Oh, that's right, he didn't even report her missing and yes, he moved in his new girlfriend immediately.

Also when a reporter went to the restaurant for an interview:

Viens' husband, David Viens, remained at the sink in his kitchen last week when a reporter visited. His girlfriend, who identified herself as Kathy, told a reporter they would not discuss the matter and asked [the reporter] to leave.
Nice. This Kathy has really taken over for Dawn, hasn't she? Sounds like a take-charge kind of gal.

I'm not giving up on finding what happened to Dawn Marie Viens. Although we can all probably easily figure out who did it, it's the when and how that's missing. It would be great if we could help figure that out to have justice served and a possible murderer caught.

I agree truthsleuth. The when the how and where the hello is she? She deserves to come home, her family deserves that too!

I get so frustrated at these spouses that do away with their spouse. It's called DIVORCE for pete's sake. Sorry for the rant :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back