Identified! PA - Perry Co., Female remains, 30-40, off highay, Sep'10 - Teresa Ware

Ray Frank Gricar?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gricar_ray.html

gricar_ray.jpg

Newport PA is 65 miles from Bellefonte PA (connected almost entirely by Hwy 322).

The report I heard this morning is that the remains are female. I haven't heard any other details.

Carolyn H.

Tracy Marie Kroh is from that area, but if the UID was wrapped in carpet or a blanket, it's probably not her because linens would probably not last that long.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kroh_tracy.html
kroh_tracy.jpg

I was going to post that Tracy Kroh was the first person I thought of when I read the title but I think she would've been found much sooner at this location and there would be very little evidence left of being wrapped in something (it's been 21 years). Unless, its a heavy duty piece of carpet, that may have survived the elements.

The Venus Stewart question:

I checked mapquest regarding if this was on Doug Stewarts route home from Colon, MI.

Seems Colon to Newport News, VA is 12 hours 30 minutes. If he went through Newport, PA it would have taken him about 14 hours and 11 minutes. Not sure if he had time to do that. But, I wouldn't rule it out.

From what I'm reading, even after the autopsy, they can't determine age, race, time or manner of death, etc. That certainly doesn't bode well for ever being able to identify this person.

Carolyn H.

A little more information

The property where the body was found -- approximately 2.5 miles east of the Newport exit on westbound Route 322 -- changed owners two months ago, and a man was surveying it for a relative and found the body around 3 p.m. Thursday, Shalonis said.

District Attorney Charles Chenot said the body was wrapped in something, possibly a carpet or blanket.

The man who found the body didn't immediately know what it was and started unwrapping it, and then called authorities when he realized what he found, Shalonis said.

Though Howe Twp. has only about 500 residents, the area is heavily traveled because of Route 322 and its access to Interstate 81 in Dauphin County.

http://www.pennlive.com/perry-count...e_investigation_on_roue_322_near_newport.html

Could it be Toni Lee Sharpless?

I guess we have to wait for more info.

The Venus Stewart question:

I checked mapquest regarding if this was on Doug Stewarts route home from Colon, MI.

Seems Colon to Newport News, VA is 12 hours 30 minutes. If he went through Newport, PA it would have taken him about 14 hours and 11 minutes. Not sure if he had time to do that. But, I wouldn't rule it out.

I think she is relatively close to his/her parents house because he wouldn't have a body in the truck for 12 hours. He would have gotten rid of evidence within a couple of hours.

I still think she is probably in Ohio...which is still less than two hours. Somewhere around the Walmart...dig the grave when you buy the murder kit...save yourself time on the way back after the murder.

Just my opinion though.

HOWE TOWNSHIP -- An autopsy Monday morning at Lehigh Valley Hospital failed to identify skeletal remains found last week in a heavily wooded area off U.S. Routes 22/322.

The remains, found Thursday wrapped in a blanket or carpet, were those of a female of undetermined race and age, the autopsy found. The cause and manner of death, as well as the time frame, were not determined.

Police said the remains were found about 25 yards from where tractor-trailers regularly park along the westbound lanes of the highway. A man surveying property found the body.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/09/post_123.html

An autopsy was performed Sept. 13 at Lehigh Valley Hospital. The identity, age and race of the remains could not be determined. Nor were evaluations of the cause and time of death available pending further investigation.

The property recently changed hands, according to Perry County District Attorney Charles Chenot III. He said the remains were discovered by a relative of the new owner, who called police sometime after noon on Sept. 9.

Chenot said the remains were wrapped in “some kind of blanket or sleeping bag.”

The wrapping was partially removed, Chenot said, “and the body was pretty badly decomposed. There were skeletal remains and not a lot of tissue.”

Officials would not say what kind of evidence, if any, was found at the scene. A state police helicopter arrived around 3:30 p.m. to take aerial photographs.

“That’s fairly routine,” Chenot said about dispatching a helicopter, adding it was done in the recently tried case against David Caffas.

State police established a yellow tape perimeter at the pull-off. County coroner Michael Shalonis and a state police forensic unit were at the scene.

http://www.pennlive.com/perry-county-times/index.ssf/2010/09/female_body_found_in_howe_twp.html

So little info... so frustrating! I know UID's can go on being UID's for a long time but ugh... all we have to go on is gender. For those not familiar with the area, Perry Cty. is very rural. 11/15 and 322 intersect approx.15 miles south of Newport. I-81, I-83, I-78 and PA Turnpike are, relatively, not far east (traveling from the Interstates to 322 West) of this location... This female could be from anywhere!

So little info... so frustrating! I know UID's can go on being UID's for a long time but ugh... all we have to go on is gender. For those not familiar with the area, Perry Cty. is very rural. 11/15 and 322 intersect approx.15 miles south of Newport. I-81, I-83, I-78 and PA Turnpike are, relatively, not far east (traveling from the Interstates to 322 West) of this location... This female could be from anywhere!

What about getting northbound to Albany NY area? The possible sleeping bag made me think of the two women from Albany who were found in rural MA and a rather rural area of CT, who was wrapped in sleeping bags.

What about getting northbound to Albany NY area? The possible sleeping bag made me think of the two women from Albany who were found in rural MA and a rather rural area of CT, who was wrapped in sleeping bags.

Both 11/15 and 322 intersect I-80. Albany is 5 and a half hours Google Map Time. All in a days work for a trucker.

I hate to say it but, IMO, all missing females on the East Coast and Mid-West are potential matches, but why stop there? The East/West major highways in PA are I-76, I78 and I-80, North/South are I-81 and I-83 (which connects with I-95 in Baltimore).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back