1305 users online (241 members and 1064 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329

    Who is Rod Underhill, Chief Deputy DA, Multnomah County?

    Ladies and Gents, introducing Deputy DA Rod Underhill:


    Photo source: Oregonlive.com

    Rod's experience:


    Rod Underhill, a veteran domestic-violence prosecutor for Multnomah County, has prosecuted over 1,400 offenders. As a District Attorney, Underhill brings a strong work ethic and a commitment to his work by bringing justice to families stung by violence. A graduate of the University of Oregon law school, Underhill originally wanted to become an FBI agent but decided against it when he found out the FBI would tell him where he had to live. An avid cyclist and former track athlete, Underhill wasn't willing to risk parting with the Northwest. He discovered his niche when he interned in the district attorney's office after his second year of law school.

    http://oregonstate.edu/conferences/e...erhillBio.html

    Has prosecuted gang crimes:

    http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/...story_id=35505

    Is very outspoken about hate crimes against LGBT:


    http://blogout.justout.com/?p=18335


    The case of Asia Bell. Prosecuted successfully by Underhill:


    http://www.katu.com/news/local/16198982.html

    Not a stranger to capital cases and won a death sentence in a state that rarely imposes the death penalty: (Article is about 3/4 way down page)

    http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpen.../msg03717.html

    Prosecuted a child predator in a child abduction-rape-murder case. Successfully:

    http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2844
    http://www.thetribonline.com/news/st...story_id=23176
    http://www.crimevictimsunited.org/me...s/stephens.htm

    By the way, thanks to Mr. Underhill and Portland's finest, child-killer Stephens is currently serving life without the possibility of parole and will never again be a threat to Oregon's children.

    I'm confident that Rod Underhill is a sharp, seasoned, versatile prosecutor and that he will handle Kyron's case just fine. I admire that he has vast interest in prosecuting domestic violence, as well as many other types of cases. His record seems to be impeccable.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Ladies and Gents, introducing Deputy DA Rod Underhill:


    Photo source: Oregonlive.com

    Rod's experience:


    Rod Underhill, a veteran domestic-violence prosecutor for Multnomah County, has prosecuted over 1,400 offenders. As a District Attorney, Underhill brings a strong work ethic and a commitment to his work by bringing justice to families stung by violence. A graduate of the University of Oregon law school, Underhill originally wanted to become an FBI agent but decided against it when he found out the FBI would tell him where he had to live. An avid cyclist and former track athlete, Underhill wasn't willing to risk parting with the Northwest. He discovered his niche when he interned in the district attorney's office after his second year of law school.

    http://oregonstate.edu/conferences/e...erhillBio.html

    Has prosecuted gang crimes:

    http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/...story_id=35505

    Is very outspoken about hate crimes against LGBT:


    http://blogout.justout.com/?p=18335


    The case of Asia Bell. Prosecuted successfully by Underhill:


    http://www.katu.com/news/local/16198982.html

    Not a stranger to capital cases and won a death sentence in a state that rarely imposes the death penalty: (Article is about 3/4 way down page)

    http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpen.../msg03717.html

    Prosecuted a child predator in a child abduction-rape-murder case. Successfully:

    http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2844
    http://www.thetribonline.com/news/st...story_id=23176
    http://www.crimevictimsunited.org/me...s/stephens.htm

    By the way, thanks to Mr. Underhill and Portland's finest, child-killer Stephens is currently serving life without the possibility of parole and will never again be a threat to Oregon's children.

    I'm confident that Rod Underhill is a sharp, seasoned, versatile prosecutor and that he will handle Kyron's case just fine. I admire that he has vast interest in prosecuting domestic violence, as well as many other types of cases. His record seems to be impeccable.
    Yes, thanks to Mr. Underhill for the wonderful work he has done on behalf of DV, his expertise.

    Why is it everytime something is questioned, the idea of incompetancy is defended???

    Because I question Rod Underhill's DV expertise and why, and if, he is heading up this high profile, missing child investigation, in no way indicates I think he's incompetent as a DA. QUESTIONING DOES NOT MEAN DISRESPECT! I came across every link you put up and more and still don't have the answers to my questions regarding the direction this case has taken.

    I continue to ask how many DA's are in charge of this case? Seven? or do DA's work alone? Who directed this case toward DV and ruled out all other possibilities? My questions are in the verified lawyer's thread.

    I have said how beneficial it is for Kaine to have a DA in this case who knows the inside and outside workings of Family Court. It can only be to his benefit. I'm sure Underhill is very familiar with his attorney and judges, making this case a bit different from other high profile child cases.

    Seems we can't question LE or the judicial system, or anything about this case, without being accused of questioning the concept of competency. I can assure you there is NO organization, career, or professional/unprofessional person without mistake. I question professionals all the time and will continue to do so, even here on WS. Questioning does not translate into disrespect. moo mho
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.


    Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,088
    Thanks! Makes me feel better knowing he's looking out for Kyron.
    IMO

  4. #4
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,589

    Who is Rod Underhill, Chief Deputy DA, Multnomah County?

    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Ladies and Gents, introducing Deputy DA Rod Underhill:


    Photo source: Oregonlive.com

    Rod's experience:


    Rod Underhill, a veteran domestic-violence prosecutor for Multnomah County, has prosecuted over 1,400 offenders. As a District Attorney, Underhill brings a strong work ethic and a commitment to his work by bringing justice to families stung by violence. A graduate of the University of Oregon law school, Underhill originally wanted to become an FBI agent but decided against it when he found out the FBI would tell him where he had to live. An avid cyclist and former track athlete, Underhill wasn't willing to risk parting with the Northwest. He discovered his niche when he interned in the district attorney's office after his second year of law school.

    http://oregonstate.edu/conferences/e...erhillBio.html

    Has prosecuted gang crimes:

    http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/...story_id=35505

    Is very outspoken about hate crimes against LGBT:


    http://blogout.justout.com/?p=18335


    The case of Asia Bell. Prosecuted successfully by Underhill:


    http://www.katu.com/news/local/16198982.html

    Not a stranger to capital cases and won a death sentence in a state that rarely imposes the death penalty: (Article is about 3/4 way down page)

    http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpen.../msg03717.html

    Prosecuted a child predator in a child abduction-rape-murder case. Successfully:

    http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2844
    http://www.thetribonline.com/news/st...story_id=23176
    http://www.crimevictimsunited.org/me...s/stephens.htm

    By the way, thanks to Mr. Underhill and Portland's finest, child-killer Stephens is currently serving life without the possibility of parole and will never again be a threat to Oregon's children.

    I'm confident that Rod Underhill is a sharp, seasoned, versatile prosecutor and that he will handle Kyron's case just fine. I admire that he has vast interest in prosecuting domestic violence, as well as many other types of cases. His record seems to be impeccable.
    Thank you puf for taking the time and effort to put together this OP. I had no knowledge of Underhill and I greatly appreciate your having done this for the so many that knew nothing at all about Underhills hard word and success of getting the guilty prosecuted, convicted, and put away from harming the innocent ppl(esp. Of children)of our communities.

    I, just as Amster above me, feel better having known this info and details.

    Again, thanks.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

  5. #5
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Yes, thanks to Mr. Underhill for the wonderful work he has done on behalf of DV, his expertise.

    Why is it everytime something is questioned, the idea of incompetancy is defended???

    Because I question Rod Underhill's DV expertise and why, and if, he is heading up this high profile, missing child investigation, in no way indicates I think he's incompetent as a DA. QUESTIONING DOES NOT MEAN DISRESPECT! I came across every link you put up and more and still don't have the answers to my questions regarding the direction this case has taken.

    I continue to ask how many DA's are in charge of this case? Seven? or do DA's work alone? Who directed this case toward DV and ruled out all other possibilities? My questions are in the verified lawyer's thread.

    I have said how beneficial it is for Kaine to have a DA in this case who knows the inside and outside workings of Family Court. It can only be to his benefit. I'm sure Underhill is very familiar with his attorney and judges, making this case a bit different from other high profile child cases.

    Seems we can't question LE or the judicial system, or anything about this case, without being accused of questioning the concept of competency. I can assure you there is NO organization, career, or professional/unprofessional person without mistake. I question professionals all the time and will continue to do so, even here on WS. Questioning does not translate into disrespect. moo mho
    I hardly consider my post a defense of Mr. Underhill, but more of a getting-to-know-him post. He's going to play a lead role once this case goes to trial, whether it's a year from now or five years from now.

    I also did the same kind of post about Houze as soon as he took Terri's case. No ulterior motive.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    you can like him or you can dislike him. he is a public figure and so is open to scrutiny.
    The only thing we like to stay away from are petty comments that are not tied to anything concrete.
    If you know of a case where his actions were suspect or not inline with your thinking, then throw it out there with mature discussion and cite examples and criticisms.
    Conversely, if you like what you see, then do the same and discuss with intelligence.
    why do you like him? what have you seen that is favorable?

    you all already know what to do, this is just a friendly reminder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Central Georgia
    Posts
    1,429
    Thanks for the info Puf

  8. #8
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Looking at some others on the prosecutor's team:

    Kevin Demer, who performed computer analysis in the Kyron case, successfully prosecuted and got the longest sentence in the country on an ID theft case:

    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...hief_gets.html


    ETA: Demer is a computer analyst in the Horman case.
    Last edited by pufnstuf; 09-11-2010 at 07:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Ladies and Gents, introducing Deputy DA Rod Underhill:


    Photo source: Oregonlive.com

    Rod's experience:


    Rod Underhill, a veteran domestic-violence prosecutor for Multnomah County, has prosecuted over 1,400 offenders. As a District Attorney, Underhill brings a strong work ethic and a commitment to his work by bringing justice to families stung by violence. A graduate of the University of Oregon law school, Underhill originally wanted to become an FBI agent but decided against it when he found out the FBI would tell him where he had to live. An avid cyclist and former track athlete, Underhill wasn't willing to risk parting with the Northwest. He discovered his niche when he interned in the district attorney's office after his second year of law school.

    http://oregonstate.edu/conferences/e...erhillBio.html

    Has prosecuted gang crimes:

    http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/...story_id=35505

    Is very outspoken about hate crimes against LGBT:


    http://blogout.justout.com/?p=18335


    The case of Asia Bell. Prosecuted successfully by Underhill:


    http://www.katu.com/news/local/16198982.html

    Not a stranger to capital cases and won a death sentence in a state that rarely imposes the death penalty: (Article is about 3/4 way down page)

    http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpen.../msg03717.html

    Prosecuted a child predator in a child abduction-rape-murder case. Successfully:

    http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2844
    http://www.thetribonline.com/news/st...story_id=23176
    http://www.crimevictimsunited.org/me...s/stephens.htm

    By the way, thanks to Mr. Underhill and Portland's finest, child-killer Stephens is currently serving life without the possibility of parole and will never again be a threat to Oregon's children.

    I'm confident that Rod Underhill is a sharp, seasoned, versatile prosecutor and that he will handle Kyron's case just fine. I admire that he has vast interest in prosecuting domestic violence, as well as many other types of cases. His record seems to be impeccable.
    Thanks, Puf. I can see you put a lot of work into researching this interesting fellow. Looks like the case is in good hands. Thank you for starting this thread.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    It's good to know that some like Rod Underhill is on this case. I feel a lot better too. Justice for Kyron!!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    puffy, thank you for the CV of this guy. It is good to know and good background information.

  12. #12
    Debbie3223's Avatar
    Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    428
    Off topic here, but can anyone tell me what "County Hold" means in Multnomah means?

    as in arrests and such?

    TIA

    www.givesmehope.com

    Short, sweet, tear jerking 4-5 line stories one MUST read after reading true crime.

    http://vodpod.com/watch/2135947-no-u...nse-is-expired

    Hiliarous tribute to Kathy B... OMG too funny
    ...

  13. #13
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie3223 View Post
    Off topic here, but can anyone tell me what "County Hold" means in Multnomah means?

    as in arrests and such?

    TIA
    I'm not from Oregon, but where I live, it means that the county may have a warrant on a person. If the person is stopped for, say, a taillight out, he might ordinarily be let go with a warning, but with a hold he'll be brought in to answer to the charge that resulted in the warrant being issued. Likewise, it could be another county that requests the hold, that the person be held until the other county can arrange transport.

    The hold keeps someone from being released until they answer to the cause for the warrant that resulted in the hold.

    Example: Susy is driving down the road and makes an improper lane change. Officer Smith pulls her over. Officer Smith calls into dispatch, and dispatch lets him know not to release her because the county has a hold on her...a warrant for, say, aggravated assault that they want her brought in on. Or another county has a warrant and wants to transport her.

    OR Joe gets arrested for public drunk. The hold keeps Joe from being released until he's answered to the charge that resulted in the hold.

  14. #14
    Debbie3223's Avatar
    Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    I'm not from Oregon, but where I live, it means that the county may have a warrant on a person. If the person is stopped for, say, a taillight out, he might ordinarily be let go with a warning, but with a hold he'll be brought in to answer to the charge that resulted in the warrant being issued. Likewise, it could be another county that requests the hold, that the person be held until the other county can arrange transport.

    The hold keeps someone from being released until they answer to the cause for the warrant that resulted in the hold.

    Example: Susy is driving down the road and makes an improper lane change. Officer Smith pulls her over. Officer Smith calls into dispatch, and dispatch lets him know not to release her because the county has a hold on her...a warrant for, say, aggravated assault that they want her brought in on. Or another county has a warrant and wants to transport her.

    OR Joe gets arrested for public drunk. The hold keeps Joe from being released until he's answered to the charge that resulted in the hold.


    ok..thanks... come to find out today...my long lost 1st
    cousin was in there for a hold

    wondered where hed run off to...

    thanks again

    www.givesmehope.com

    Short, sweet, tear jerking 4-5 line stories one MUST read after reading true crime.

    http://vodpod.com/watch/2135947-no-u...nse-is-expired

    Hiliarous tribute to Kathy B... OMG too funny
    ...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ontario but a trucker so everywhere.
    Posts
    14,984
    Thanks Pufnstuf, that was an excellent op.



Similar Threads

  1. MS - K-9 saves Hancock County deputy from ambush attack
    By sonjay in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 10:02 AM
  2. TX - Rains County deputy shoots farm dog
    By iluvmua in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 10:24 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 11:21 PM
  4. County deputy fired after shooting sheriff's dog
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 11:27 AM