1074 users online (215 members and 859 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545

    Canada - Michael Hammond, 16, Richmond, BC, 24 Nov 1991

    I know this website has his eyes listed as blue, but, to me they don't appear to be blue, blue in the photo of him. I also have not found a description of him such as height, weight, etc. I thought he was worth looking into more.

    The site lists him as being born January 21, 1975, having blue eyes, brown hair, and missing from Richmond, BC since November 24, 1991. He was last seen by his mother and brother at the supper table. After supper Michael left his home and has not been seen or heard from again. He is also listed as an endangered runaway.

    Circumstances:
    Michael was last seen leaving his house on November 24, 1991 at approximately 6:30pm carrying his skateboard.

    IF YOU HAVE SEEN MICHAEL BRIAN HAMMOND OR KNOW OF HIS WHEREABOUTS, PLEASE CALL:
    1-800-661-6160 or 1-403-291-0705 tips@mcsc.ca

    Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 09-11-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: eta: more details about disappearance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    I just sent an email to the tips email address in my post above and asked for details such as Michael's height, weight, and any other distinguishing marks that he may have had. Hopefully, I will hear something back from them soon. I will post what I find out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    934
    His eyes look green or brownish to me - at least on my monitor and his hair is more of a blonde over light brown - could be my monitor though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by LotsaLatte View Post
    His eyes look green or brownish to me - at least on my monitor and his hair is more of a blonde over light brown - could be my monitor though.
    One of my kids has eyes like that. If you see him in person, they seem light, sort of brownish blueish gray, but in photos they look dark. He calls them "hazel," I think.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    It is very hard to tell what color Michael's eyes are in the photo, they probably look different on everyone's monitor.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    I just received Michael's flyer, it does say he has dark blue eyes. It is interesting that the file they sent me was named september_24_2004, I am wondering if this is when he was reported missing or what???


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    33
    I think it's probably just the date the file/poster was created, not when he was reported missing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Thank you for your reply, I just thought if he had been reported earlier on that there might be a description of what he was wearing and a little more about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarchingTwinkie3 View Post
    I think it's probably just the date the file/poster was created, not when he was reported missing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    RK - It also looks from his flyer as if he has very nice teeth. I wonder if there is a dental record for him?

    I think his eyes look brown - but again could just be the monitor.

    So he left home/went missing when he was 16, right? In 1991 - that means he would have been 20ish in 1995. Looks like a real possibility, here.

    Salem

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    You are correct, he would have been 20ish in 1995. I will see if I can find out if his dentals are available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    RK - It also looks from his flyer as if he has very nice teeth. I wonder if there is a dental record for him?

    I think his eyes look brown - but again could just be the monitor.

    So he left home/went missing when he was 16, right? In 1991 - that means he would have been 20ish in 1995. Looks like a real possibility, here.

    Salem


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    Thank you for your reply, I just thought if he had been reported earlier on that there might be a description of what he was wearing and a little more about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.
    I had to look for more information because I didn't notice that before. Doenetwork has a little more information about the case, but not much: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/280dmbc.html

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    Thanks! This does give us a bit more detail about his disappearance. I wonder if his twin brother can say where he was when people said they have seen his brother Michael in certain areas? I wonder if the twin had actually been in those areas?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarchingTwinkie3 View Post
    I had to look for more information because I didn't notice that before. Doenetwork has a little more information about the case, but not much: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/280dmbc.html

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    985
    I don't think it is him, I had a feeling when I first read about him that he took his own life. Very sad.

    A printed note bearing his signature (found under a piece of paper on the lower tier of his night table) reads: "Yo! Dude. See you in heaven.".

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    I am torn on whether or not he took his own life or not. Did he ride his skateboard to a secluded location and take his life? If so, he may be close to home. Did he catch a ride with someone somewhere and then took his own life? Could see you in heaven mean "I'm out of here" (meaning he was leaving home and perhaps traveling about) and I'll see you in heaven, I'm not coming home? Just some questions I'm asking myself....

    Quote Originally Posted by Danaya View Post
    I don't think it is him, I had a feeling when I first read about him that he took his own life. Very sad.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,545
    OK...I just noticed (boy what a sleuth I am, lol!) that his flyer says "If you have seen Shelley or know of her whereabouts contact the Richmond RCMP...okie dokie!



    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    I just received Michael's flyer, it does say he has dark blue eyes. It is interesting that the file they sent me was named september_24_2004, I am wondering if this is when he was reported missing or what???


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MO MO - Angela Hammond, 20, Clinton, 4 April 1991
    By PrayersForMaura in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 01:35 AM
  2. CANADA Canada - Mary Hammond, Brantford ON, 8 Sept 1983
    By dotr in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 09:39 PM
  3. CANADA Canada - Michael Dunahee, 4, Victoria, BC, 24 March 1991
    By emma l in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 08:25 PM
  4. MO Angela Marie Hammond (20) - Clinton MO, 1991
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
  5. GUILTY IN - Nicholas James, 19, James Raganyi, 16, Michael Dennis, 13, slain, Hammond, 2003
    By CrazyMazy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 01:09 PM

Tags for this Thread