CANADA Canada - Michael Hammond, 16, Richmond, BC, 24 Nov 1991

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
I know this website has his eyes listed as blue, but, to me they don't appear to be blue, blue in the photo of him. I also have not found a description of him such as height, weight, etc. I thought he was worth looking into more.

The site lists him as being born January 21, 1975, having blue eyes, brown hair, and missing from Richmond, BC since November 24, 1991. He was last seen by his mother and brother at the supper table. After supper Michael left his home and has not been seen or heard from again. He is also listed as an endangered runaway.

Circumstances:
Michael was last seen leaving his house on November 24, 1991 at approximately 6:30pm carrying his skateboard.

IF YOU HAVE SEEN MICHAEL BRIAN HAMMOND OR KNOW OF HIS WHEREABOUTS, PLEASE CALL:
1-800-661-6160 or 1-403-291-0705 tips@mcsc.ca

hammond_michael_brian_2.jpg

I just sent an email to the tips email address in my post above and asked for details such as Michael's height, weight, and any other distinguishing marks that he may have had. Hopefully, I will hear something back from them soon. I will post what I find out.

His eyes look green or brownish to me - at least on my monitor and his hair is more of a blonde over light brown - could be my monitor though.

His eyes look green or brownish to me - at least on my monitor and his hair is more of a blonde over light brown - could be my monitor though.

One of my kids has eyes like that. If you see him in person, they seem light, sort of brownish blueish gray, but in photos they look dark. He calls them "hazel," I think.

It is very hard to tell what color Michael's eyes are in the photo, they probably look different on everyone's monitor.

I just received Michael's flyer, it does say he has dark blue eyes. It is interesting that the file they sent me was named september_24_2004, I am wondering if this is when he was reported missing or what???

hammond_michael_brian_nov241991.jpg

I think it's probably just the date the file/poster was created, not when he was reported missing.

Thank you for your reply, I just thought if he had been reported earlier on that there might be a description of what he was wearing and a little more about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

I think it's probably just the date the file/poster was created, not when he was reported missing.

RK - It also looks from his flyer as if he has very nice teeth. I wonder if there is a dental record for him?

I think his eyes look brown - but again could just be the monitor.

So he left home/went missing when he was 16, right? In 1991 - that means he would have been 20ish in 1995. Looks like a real possibility, here.

Salem

You are correct, he would have been 20ish in 1995. I will see if I can find out if his dentals are available.

RK - It also looks from his flyer as if he has very nice teeth. I wonder if there is a dental record for him?

I think his eyes look brown - but again could just be the monitor.

So he left home/went missing when he was 16, right? In 1991 - that means he would have been 20ish in 1995. Looks like a real possibility, here.

Salem

Thank you for your reply, I just thought if he had been reported earlier on that there might be a description of what he was wearing and a little more about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

I had to look for more information because I didn't notice that before. Doenetwork has a little more information about the case, but not much: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/280dmbc.html

Thanks! This does give us a bit more detail about his disappearance. I wonder if his twin brother can say where he was when people said they have seen his brother Michael in certain areas? I wonder if the twin had actually been in those areas?

I had to look for more information because I didn't notice that before. Doenetwork has a little more information about the case, but not much: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/280dmbc.html

I don't think it is him, I had a feeling when I first read about him that he took his own life. Very sad.

A printed note bearing his signature (found under a piece of paper on the lower tier of his night table) reads: "Yo! Dude. See you in heaven.".

I am torn on whether or not he took his own life or not. Did he ride his skateboard to a secluded location and take his life? If so, he may be close to home. Did he catch a ride with someone somewhere and then took his own life? Could see you in heaven mean "I'm out of here" (meaning he was leaving home and perhaps traveling about) and I'll see you in heaven, I'm not coming home? Just some questions I'm asking myself....

I don't think it is him, I had a feeling when I first read about him that he took his own life. Very sad.

OK...I just noticed (boy what a sleuth I am, lol!) that his flyer says "If you have seen Shelley or know of her whereabouts contact the Richmond RCMP...okie dokie!

I just received Michael's flyer, it does say he has dark blue eyes. It is interesting that the file they sent me was named september_24_2004, I am wondering if this is when he was reported missing or what???

hammond_michael_brian_nov241991.jpg

I just passed Michael's information on to our Jason Doe's case manager on Namus.gov to see if he thinks if Michael is worth pursuing or not.

I think if they have Michael's dentals, this could be quick and easy to rule out. The similarities are good. The location of the note is odd if Michael really intended for his family to find it. So either he was buying time, or it was something he wrote awhile back and just never threw away? Or?

Salem

Can 16 year olds get their own passports, or does someone have to sign something for them until they are 18? Or don't you need a passport when you are just going between the US and CA? Is it easy to sneak over the border? I imagine there is a border patrol but, mexicans make it look so easy...

I always wonder these questions when someone from up north is being considered as a match with someone from down here and vice versa.

Can 16 year olds get their own passports, or does someone have to sign something for them until they are 18? Or don't you need a passport when you are just going between the US and CA? Is it easy to sneak over the border? I imagine there is a border patrol but, mexicans make it look so easy...

I always wonder these questions when someone from up north is being considered as a match with someone from down here and vice versa.

Prior to June 1, 2009, there was no requirement of a passport to travel over land or sea to or from Canada. This was changed in 2009 in an effort toward stricter border regulations, and to deter possible terrorists from using Canada as a way to easily get into the United States.

Air travel between the two countries has, as far as I'm aware, always required a passport.

As for as how secure that border is, probably not very. It's a much larger land border than the one between the United States and Mexico, and the US/Mexican border is notorious for the amount of illegal immigrants who have successfully passed through it.

Estimates are that approximately 56% of the approximately 11 million illegal immigrants, over six million people, in the United States originated from Mexico. Somewhat peculiarly, only 6%, approximately 700,000, are believed to be from Canada or Europe. This is most likely due to the economic climate in Canada being generally much better than is faced by average Mexican citizens.

Anyway, I've rambled enough about immigration. The summarized point of this post is that it was extremely easy for a Canadian citizen to pass into the United States prior to 2009, and it's probably still only slightly harder today.

Thanks for explaining that ada.

I've been wondering what his identical twins name is.

FWIW this site: http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi gets it's information from Social Security card applications for births that occurred in the United States for whichever year.

In 1975 Jason is listed as #2 in popularity and Michael is listed as #1 in popularity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back